TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
One other great point that good 'ol Joe mentioned and I noted, after Emma emphasizing the location of the family computers in the living room, was that he saw Chad leaving every morning to go to the Salem Church WITH HIS LAPTOP.

Oops. He may be sleeping on the couch for awhile.

well, the 'shovel' testimony was to infer he grabbed one of CD's. :rolleyes: as if the excavation group wouldnt have any of their own to give him????? my take on it.
My impression was that Prior was trying to insinuate that law enforcement was trying to fabricate evidence where there was none (according to Prior) by telling the officer to go 'find' (i.e. plant) evidence, and nothing was 'out of bounds'. Of course Prior was misrepresenting the testimony and once he realized his mistake, knowing that others could see through it, he shut up and ended his questioning of the witness. MOO.

Prior harps on Tammy being fat. I happened to watch the judge’s YouTube channel to watch today’s defense witnesses and Prior happened to walk in front of the camera, my he’s rather rotund.
Did anyone notice yesterday his comments like he was disgusted Tammy wanted McDonald's? He said real healthy, right? Garth said, it depends, not understanding what that degrading comment was about.

Imma need someone to get Prior's credit card statements and make sure there are only grilled chicken salads with dressing on the side listed If there is any fast food or meals deemed "unhealthy" we will mock him while pointing. If someone can be deemed dark by Chad, we can deem Big John unhealthy. He was shocked that he caught flack for calling these women fat and unhealthy? But then he can't help himself to make.more comments for the jury to hear. Gross gross gross.

I suspect the mattress went in the cozy cone at come point after CD returned from Hawaii after LVD was arrested. I’m not sure who all was living there but EDM said “a lot of people” lived there at the time CD was arrested. They weren’t expecting CD to move back to Rexburg since he was supposed to be in Hawaii with LVD so GD was probably still there and I’m not sure about Mark and whether he had returned from his mission by then and maybe they had roommates too - as I said I’m not sure who “a lot of people” was referring to but CD had no place to set up his portal to LVD.
Instead of all the questions about the stupid cozy cone with the even more stupid name, why didn't they just have photo exhibits? Would answer all those questions. And the driveways. If its meant to prove a point, it's not working.

I do think Garth flubbed his lines as Prior had in mind a few times. I do not think he was supposed to say the raccoons were all buried in the compost area. I think he was supposed to say he saw them daytimes. I can't recall all, but I felt that there were several relatively minor points Garth flubbed. (Or rescued, if he was more honest than anticipated.)

But I think Prior was pleased to show that casting out evil spirits as in that story did not kill people like Emma or Newel Knight. His point was just calling people dark was not a kiss of death. It's a weak argument, though. Just because Emma and Newel continued on, it doesn't change that the murders for which Chad is charged did occur. And the belief system, that they were zombies or whatever, and castings were needed, isn't the illegal part. It was the actions taken to supplement the castings that caused death that were illegal.

MOO
Didn’t GD also refer to where Tylee & JJ were found as the back yard instead of the pasture?

I do think Garth flubbed his lines as Prior had in mind a few times. I do not think he was supposed to say the raccoons were all buried in the compost area. I think he was supposed to say he saw them daytimes. I can't recall all, but I felt that there were several relatively minor points Garth flubbed. (Or rescued, if he was more honest than anticipated.)

But I think Prior was pleased to show that casting out evil spirits as in that story did not kill people like Emma or Newel Knight. His point was just calling people dark was not a kiss of death. It's a weak argument, though. Just because Emma and Newel continued on, it doesn't change that the murders for which Chad is charged did occur. And the belief system, that they were zombies or whatever, and castings were needed, isn't the illegal part. It was the actions taken to supplement the castings that caused death that were illegal.

MOO
Does anyone else think that repeatedly pointing out that dark did not equal death by their belief system actually made things look WORSE for Chad?

It highlights that this wasn't because the rules of their religious beliefs demanded it, out of a sense of righteousness.

It proved that the deaths of Tammy, Tylee and JJ were PERSONAL. Their deaths weren't required by heaven, they were dictated by far more earthly, bestial desires.

MOO

Re confirmation bias....JP asked if by looking at so many reports, the coroner committed confirmation bias.
Looking at lots of information and taking it all into consideration is the opposite of confirmation bias. Looking at only a few targeted reports, selected by only the defense, is an example of very possible confirmation bias. In any case you can't say that someone fell for confirmation bias without knowing if they discarded or ignored info that didn't fit their 'theory'.
THIS!

Am I the only one that is scared for Emma and Joseph's children??
These were two scary witnesses. They seem disconnected from good ol' general society. They distrust societal institutions and they haven't shed a tear for Tammy or for 2 children found in the backyard of the house they are now happily living in!

ETA: I expected to be sad for Emma, as someone who have been mislead by her father. Instead I found her testimony disturbing. And Joseph hates societal authority. "Leave us be to do what we want.", is the vibe I get.

If using Google to find the meaning of a certain wind direction is being an amateur meteorologist...
I fancy calling myself somewhat of an amateur medical examiner. I have, after all, googled manners of death in the past.
I watched a Youtube of knee surgery. Pretty sure I could I do it with a couple hours of instruction on how to use the power tools.

These were two scary witnesses. They seem disconnected from good ol' general society. They distrust societal institutions and they haven't shed a tear for Tammy or for 2 children found in the backyard of the house they are now happily living in!

ETA: I expected to be sad for Emma, as someone who have been mislead by her father. Instead I found her testimony disturbing. And Joseph hates societal authority. "Leave us be to do what we want.", is the vibe I get.
They are of a type. The kind of LDS fringe folks who can get excommunicated at some point for beliefs and behaviours that aren't in line with the mainstream church, but who also dislike and disrespect government meddling with their sovereignty. Under the Banner of Heaven covers this kind of thinking a lot. Most of these types never commit violent crimes. The ones that do definitely make the papers. Vallow and Daybell. The Laffertys. Gilmore.

MOO

I was painfully aware that he was bothered by the police driving around a property where 2 children were murdered buried (when trial has not even occurred yet!!) but has ZERO issues living in the house where 2 children were murdered, burned and buried!!! How's that logic?!?

I was painfully aware that he was bothered by the police driving around a property where 2 children were murdered buried (when trial has not even occurred yet!!) but has ZERO issues living in the house where 2 children were murdered, burned and buried!!! How's that logic?!?
Remind me, Emma did know about the 'multiple probations' thing, didn't she? I suppose she must have, it's in the books, isn't it?

I wonder if Chad hinted to them that Emma and Joseph were reincarnations of THAT Emma and Joseph. That'd certainly be something enticing enough to facilitate further denial of reality.

MOO

They are of a type. The kind of LDS fringe folks who can get excommunicated at some point for beliefs and behaviours that aren't in line with the mainstream church, but who also dislike and disrespect government meddling with their sovereignty. Under the Banner of Heaven covers this kind of thinking a lot. Most of these types never commit violent crimes. The ones that do definitely make the papers. Vallow and Daybell. The Laffertys. Gilmore.

MOO
First off, I can't believe that I have not explicitly thanked you yet for the incredible contribution and insight you have made to this thread/case! I have learned so much from you. So thank you so, so much for that!

But further to my specific concerns, yes, most "fringers" wouldn't murder people. I totally agree with that. But, it is definitely concerning to me that these specific people don't seem concerned about murdered children or a murdered family member. To me that raises them up to a much higher level of concern.
Just my own feelings, of course.

First off, I can't believe that I have not explicitly thanked you yet for the incredible contribution and insight you have made to this thread/case! I have learned so much from you. So thank you so, so much for that!

But further to my specific concerns, yes, most "fringers" wouldn't murder people. I totally agree with that. But, it is definitely concerning to me that these specific people don't seem concerned about murdered children or a murdered family member. To me that raises them up to a much higher level of concern.
Just my own feelings, of course.
Yeah, I agree it's concerning, but there are thousands of these people. There aren't thousands of murders.

When it goes wrong, though, it really gets ugly. The Lafferty crime was particularly brutal, and involved the savage slaughter of an infant and her mother.

They decided it was the right thing to do, dictated by God, and so they murdered a blameless child. Very familiar, in comparison with this case.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member