TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping we get even more evidence suggesting that Alex died from a planned ritual suicide of sorts.
Ritual as in laying on the bathroom floor covered in one's own waste, attended to by wife's son who panic-calls 911 while you're still breathing?

Apparently, it was Lori who called Zulema, who called her son and raced there herself.

Why didn't Lori just hang up and allow Alex to be found in the normal course of events, rather than almost be saved by paramedics?

JMO

I didn’t know the jury would be sequestered. That’s cruel. No way I could be away from my children OR my husband that long. No way.

It's not the entirety of the trial... just guilt and penalty phases. It's possible it could just be hours or overnight.

I don't have a link to support this, it's just my opinion.

CD has been in jail for almost 4 years. Four years! That has given him so much time to think.

What does CD think about? Does he ever consider what he’s done to his large, extended family? What about the impact he’s had on those that love him most - his kids? Did he not think anyone would never notice that JJ and Tylee were no longer around? Does he ever miss Tammy? Does he have flashbacks of seeing the three dead bodies? Was dismembering and desecrating a human body necessary? Was burying those precious kids on his property a good decision? Was the sex worth his current reality?

Does he really believe the stories he was peddling? If he does, weren’t those murders justified according to his zombie doctrine? If they were, admit to your role as a “true believer” of your doctrine. After all, if you are who you espouse you are, these murders were part of your “holy” plan. Why be too prideful to admit “your truth”?

I, for one, hope that the “the scientific phenomenon known as loin fire” or “grab me by the storm” stories get shared in court. Oh, how I hope they do! It’s the only funny (although cringy) part of this incredibly tragic tale. Having his “private” (pun intended) thoughts openly shared, and he now knows the world knows, this would be so satisfying. What better way is there to remember the quality writings of this aspiring, bestselling author? (Wink, wink) Haha!

Edited to fix typos
I can't wait to read the comments posted by WS members. It's the best way to follow a trial. Justice is finally coming.

I think they (the trio,) knew quite well that other people would be shocked, appalled, call the police, etc, in regards to the deaths of the children, but they also believed -or convinced themselves - in the supposedly imminent apocalypse, when society would fall apart, and everyone but 144k would be killed in the widespread disasters and subsequent wars, and the trio would be called by Jesus to lead, etc. Meanwhile, they could just bide their time until the call came.

IMO, these are powerful delusions that people and groups of people can fall into, however much we try to diffuse them by making fun of them.

I see the same sorts of beliefs operating around the world in many crimes, wars and atrocies. IMO, one example is the murders committed by Charles Manson through his followers.

CD is a very different, seemingly harmless character, not part mad like Manson but I think he must have been caught up in the delusion at the time. I don't believe he was inherently a serial killer, we don't have to look for bodies of other people he'd killed in the previous decades.

Does he still believe it?...IMO that depends on how willing he is to face reality, vs how strong his self-protective defense mechanisms are.

JMO
I agree we probably won't find a history of murder before the 3 murders he is charged with.

But his does seem to have a sub-murder history of cruelty. He killed bees as a child. He seemed to delight in fantasy torture of children. He reportedly had no empathy to his first born as a toddler doing toddler things. He seemed to get promptings that psychologically hurt Tammy, like that she must stop playing a video game. I don't think it was as much of a stretch for it to get to the murdering point as it may have seemed, given his awkwardness.

He had a sick amusement calling around for funeral quotes for Charles.

Not that I feel sorry for her, given what she's done to her children, especially numbers 2 and 3, and her other husbands, especially numbers 3 and 4, but Chad was cruel to Lori, thoroughly abusing the fantasy power to leave her vulnerable to demons that were real to her.

I think he's a mean dude. Glad he's in jail.

MOO

BOISE — Judge Steven Boyce has extended a gag order in the Chad Daybell case until the trial is concluded.

Boyce issued a non-dissemination order two weeks ago prohibiting “any party to this case, including the prosecuting attorney, defense attorney, and any attorney representing a witness, victim, or victim’s family” from making written or oral statements about the case until April 15 or after opening statements.

Fremont County Prosecuting Attorney Lindsey Blake and Madison County Prosecuting Attorney Rob Wood asked Boyce Monday to extend the motion until the end of the trial and defense attorney John Prior agreed. The attorneys argued a gag order would “benefit the administration of a fair trial” due to media coverage.

Boyce issued a new order Tuesday afternoon not only extending the length of time but also the scope.

[…]

83C76AF6-7C06-455B-BD37-1E982D989F3F.jpegC5C08DC6-CF42-4370-9671-99AAAE289F54.jpeg926B5707-D12D-492E-8AD0-F25B970822E3.jpeg

Why on earth did they dismember and burn Tylee after they killed her? Why wouldn't just burying her be enough? It seems to me like they enjoyed it, for some reason, or really hated her. Absolutely appalling.
There were a few stated ways in which zombies have to be killed. One of them was dismemberment and burning (Tylee), another was binding (JJ). I don't know what the others were.

Link in here for live trial updates and live stream. Nate does such excellent reporting. I found a link to donate to East Idaho News. We must keep local journalism alive.

A jury has been finalized in Chad Daybell’s murder case and opening statements will be this week. Nate Eaton breaks it down – plus reaction from Larry Woodcock, Tom Evans, Vallow juror #18, and Susan Constantine, a body language expert, is here.

Watch ‘Courtroom Insider’ in the video player above.

I think they (the trio,) knew quite well that other people would be shocked, appalled, call the police, etc, in regards to the deaths of the children, but they also believed -or convinced themselves - in the supposedly imminent apocalypse, when society would fall apart, and everyone but 144k would be killed in the widespread disasters and subsequent wars, and the trio would be called by Jesus to lead, etc. Meanwhile, they could just bide their time until the call came.

IMO, these are powerful delusions that people and groups of people can fall into, however much we try to diffuse them by making fun of them.

I see the same sorts of beliefs operating around the world in many crimes, wars and atrocies. IMO, one example is the murders committed by Charles Manson through his followers.

CD is a very different, seemingly harmless character, not part mad like Manson but I think he must have been caught up in the delusion at the time. I don't believe he was inherently a serial killer, we don't have to look for bodies of other people he'd killed in the previous decades.

Does he still believe it?...IMO that depends on how willing he is to face reality, vs how strong his self-protective defense mechanisms are.

JMO

MOO CD is lazy found out early being a prophet got him out of work, then one thing led to another.

Hey Everyone,
Websleuths YouTube Live will be streaming the opening arguments live tomorrow. We will start broadcasting at
10:15 AM Eastern with opening starting at 10:30 AM Eastern. I hope you will join us. Our chat is small and isn't overwhelming like some live-stream chats. Click on the channel below. See you in the morning.

Wednesday, April 10th:
*Trial set to begin (@ 8:30am MT) – ID – Joshua Jaxon (JJ) Vallow (7) & Tylee Ashlyn Ryan (16) (JJ last seen Sept. 23, 2019 & Tylee on Sept. 9, 2019, Rexburg; found June 9, 2020 buried in Daybell’s yard in Salem, ID) & Tamara “Tammy” Michelle Douglas Daybell (49) (died on Oct. 19, 2019 at her residence in Salem, ID; dob 5/4/70). – *Chad Guy Daybell (53/now 55) arrested (6/9/20) & indicted (5/25/21) & charged (5/26/21) & arraigned (6/9/21) with Count 1 (for Tylee): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception (for Daybell, Vallow & Alex Cox) & other co-conspirators. Count 2 (for Tylee): 1st degree murder. Count 3 (for JJ): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception. Count 4 (for JJ): 1st degree murder. Count 5 (for Tammy, 49, died 10/19/19): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder. Count 6 (for Tammy): 1st degree murder. Count 8 & 9: Insurance Fraud (Two counts of insurance fraud related to 2 different life insurance policies he had on Tammy). Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will seek DP. (Judge denied removing DP 3/14/24). Fremont County
Trial began on 4/1/24 with final jury selection & ended on 4/8/24. Jurors: 12 jurors & 6 alternates. [10 men & 8 women]. Jury will be sequestered during deliberations in the guilt phase thru the penalty phase.
Trial set to begin on 4/10/24. (approx. 8 weeks) Court hours are 8:30am to 3pm Monday-Friday. Trial is being held in Ada County.
Judge Steven W. Boyce presiding. Prosecutors: Fremont County Prosecuting Attorney Lindsey Blake, Madison County Prosecuting Attorney Rob Wood, Special Attorney General Prosecutor Ingrid Batey & Fremont County Deputy Prosecuting Attorney Rocky Wixom & defense attorney John Prior.

Court info from 6/10/20 thru 3/29/24 & Jury Selection Day 1-5 (4/1-4/5/24) reference post #172 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...ow-tylee-ryan-and-tammy-daybell.708820/page-9

4/6/24 Update: Judge Steven Boyce sealed a last-minute request that both the prosecution & defense want removed. The contents of the request are unknown, but it comes from an award-winning Idaho trial lawyer who is not tied to either legal team in the case. In Tuesday’s sealing order, Judge Boyce wrote, “Both the State & the Defense have raised concerns about the impropriety of this attempt to intervene-procedurally & substantively.” He wrote that both counsels called for the document to be sealed or struck from the record. A court document shows the request is titled “Motione (sic) to intervene and to contiue (sic) the trial in these procedings (sic).”
4/8/24 Monday, Jury Selection Day 6: We have 57 jurors for final selection. Prosecution & defense will use peremptory strikes to narrow pool down to 18 jurors (16 for each side). A total of 18 people [12 jurors & 6 alternates] will serve on the jury. The pool consists of 10 men & 8 women from Ada County. Opening statements are scheduled for Wednesday, 4/10/24 at 8:30a. Witnesses will then be called & the trial is expected to last 8-10 weeks.
For more info see post #186 here:
[URL]https://www.websleuths.com/for...w-tylee-ryan-and-tammy-daybell.708820/page-10[/url]

4/9/24 Docket update: Order: Extending scope & term of non-dissemination Order. [Extending gag order to end of trial].
*Lori Norene Vallow aka Lori Norene Daybell (46/now 50) – Fremont County: Trial started on 4/10/23 & ended 5/10/23. 5/12/23: Guilty of all charges. Sentenced (7/31/23) to 3 consecutive life without parole sentence. 8/31/23 Update: Jim Archibald, Vallow's attorney has filed a Notice of Appeal & a motion to appoint state appellate public defender. New appeal attorney Craig Durham.

It's not the entirety of the trial... just guilt and penalty phases. It's possible it could just be hours or overnight.

I don't have a link to support this, it's just my opinion.

The jury will be sequestered for deliberations in the guilt phase of Chad’s trial through the duration of the penalty phase, should there be one.

Googling wind direction a day before Tylee was killed and burned on the bonfire in his backyard is just one detail that points to his active involvement.
I'm hoping we find out more about this. Did he just burn a human body (or parts) in broad daylight? They had neighbors. Even a big bonfire at night would get attention because, well, it's a big fire. It's not rare for people to have burn piles going on in their yard ofc but people still look because "hey look fire!!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member