Trial - Ross Harris #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snipped by me.

I would encourage everyone to watch the above clip. I think that Lumpkin does an excellent job explaining why this information should go to the jury.

I did watch this last night because I missed most of the testimony during the day. I don't see how it is relevant because all of the ideas from the SW were refuted during testimony. I believe the State cleared all of that up or the defense impeached Stoddard or other LE on those statements. imo

I also understand that in a trial you can't call everyone to testify or you will lose the juror's interest. The state had already called what about aprox. 50 + people. imo

I was reading this just now and it seems like the body measurements listed don't add up, although I stayed up too late and got up too early so maybe I'm just reading it wrong.

Crown to rump is 14 inches.
But then these are listed which together = 19 inches:
Crown to shoulder is 8 inches.
Shoulder to rump is 11 inches.

Shouldn't the crown to rump measurement be equal to the crown to shoulder + shoulder to rump measurements? I feel based on how Cooper fit in the seat in the photo of him in the car seat (that appeared to be a few months old) there was no way his C-R measurement was only 14". Someone here said still fit in the seat by a good 5" based on measurements of the seat and Cooper but that is obviously false since we could see that wasn't the case from that one photo we saw. The crown to shoulder + shoulder rump measurements add up to 19" which seems more in line with how Cooper appeared to fit the car seat. But I'm just curious why those measurements don't equal each other.

Ps I'm a few pages behind so if this has been addressed, just ignore!

Does anyone else think the mistrial claims are Kilgore's emergency parachute? Or is this just a standard tactic? Maybe with the view of the SUV, car seat, and doll it's hard to fathom how RH could have not seen his son. I thought maybe there was chance RH would be not guilty of malice murder but I'm starting to think the tide has turned towards the prosecution.

Day by day: Key moments from the Justin Ross Harris trial
Harris faces murder charges for death of son

By MAYRA CUEVAS AND NATISHA LANCE

Posted: 2:05 AM, October 29, 2016
Updated: 4:09 AM, October 29, 2016

BRUNSWICK, Georgia (CNN) - A tragedy. A mystery. A front-page story.

From the moment the news broke in Georgia, people couldn't stop talking about it: Cooper Harris, 22 months old, was found dead on June 18, 2014, in the back of an SUV and his grieving father was devastated.

But then the story took a turn.

An investigation followed and, just three months later, Ross Harris was indicted on murder charges. Since then, he has spent long days in a courtroom in the small town of Brunswick, Georgia, watching each side present its case in a bid to answer the question: Is Harris a grieving father who will forever live with the mistake he made -- or a killer who was leading a double life?

Here's how the Justin Ross Harris trial has unfolded, day by day...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/national/day-by-day-key-moments-from-the-justin-ross-harris-trial

I just read part of the ME report and was shocked that LH wouldn't supply ME with Cooper's health records or primary care physician info until she spoke to her attorney?????? That is bizarre. Just one more thing that complicates my opinion.

It almost seems that LH had legal counsel ready to go before the murder...she really bothers me...she did very little to help LE unravel this crime and while getting a lawyer early on is smart...most people "in shock"" and in that state would not be quite that quick. I think everyone watching this trial is so waiting for her on the stand...I think it may be coming this next week...at least hope so.

Notice the mannequin was dressed in white socks...another subtle mistake in favor of the prosecution. Cooper was wearing blue sneakers with dark trim which would have blended into the fabric of the backseat to a greater extent.

why in the world would he not have been dressed exactly as how he was when he died in that seat?

Snipped by me.

I would encourage everyone to watch the above clip. I think that Lumpkin does an excellent job explaining why this information should go to the jury.

I think he is very good. I find it tough to take even thinking RH is guilty of intentional murder...that the judge is so blatently pro prosecution and just dismisses so many good arguments from the def. with not even one sentence rationale.

Did the State have so much evidence that they omitted Cooper's little Cars backpack that was left at home? I always thought it was Cooper's every day backpack.
Why didn't the State bring up the matter of Cooper's Cars backpack hanging on the peg inside of the Harris' home? That is one of the strongest premed clues that there is. At least the photo image of Coop's Cars backpack will go to the jury as State's evidence marked # 150.

View attachment 103783

SS Source:
CourtChatter
Ross Harris Trial Day 3 Part 2 (CSI Shumpert) 10/05/16
[video=youtube;aLCjTNvC_J0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLCjTNvC_J0[/video]

Was the Cars backpack in the other clips they showed of RH dropping Cooper off?

I was reading this just now and it seems like the body measurements listed don't add up, although I stayed up too late and got up too early so maybe I'm just reading it wrong.

Crown to rump is 14 inches.
But then these are listed which together = 19 inches:
Crown to shoulder is 8 inches.
Shoulder to rump is 11 inches.

Shouldn't the crown to rump measurement be equal to the crown to shoulder + shoulder to rump measurements? I feel based on how Cooper fit in the seat in the photo of him in the car seat (that appeared to be a few months old) there was no way his C-R measurement was only 14". Someone here said still fit in the seat by a good 5" based on measurements of the seat and Cooper but that is obviously false since we could see that wasn't the case from that one photo we saw. The crown to shoulder + shoulder rump measurements add up to 19" which seems more in line with how Cooper appeared to fit the car seat. But I'm just curious why those measurements don't equal each other.

That's interesting. It seems like it would also make sense for the -crown to heel-measurement to equal the -crown to rump- plus -rump to heel-.

Crown to heel: 33"

Crown to rump: 14"
Rump to heel: 17.5"
14" + 17.5" = 31.5"

Crown to shoulder: 8"
Shoulder to heel: 23.5"
8" + 23.5" = 31.5"

I'm sure those who have followed this closely for 2 years have already discussed this, so, what am I missing here?

Was the Cars backpack in the other clips they showed of RH dropping Cooper off?

Still catching up so if this has already been addressed, sorry. It was discussed earlier before trial began and most stated that they do not take a backpack to day care. They leave items there (change of clothes, diapers, etc.) and replenish,take home to wash, as needed. I imagine his backpack was for other family outings or visits to grandparents, etc.

Coworker Brandon Miller testimony made it sound like "everybody does it". He testified they have various monitors on their desks. Some have videos playing, googling stuff on line all kinds of things. I don't get it either but also Alex and Winston both testified that the Treehouse is more laid back than the building they work at. RH said he was salary no exact time in or out. Curious what normal time was his clock out? Especially the day prior. Have we heard that (just thought about that)

In addition to what his usual clock out time was (or average time since he came and went as he pleased), I wonder if it was common for him to ask LeAnna what time she was picking Cooper up. I've always felt like he asked her that day so that he could stage his discovery before she got to the daycare facility.

I think it would have been more believable to let her go to daycare and find out Cooper wasn't there and then call him and let the chaos begin there. He would have had plenty of witnesses as he ran screaming out to the parking lot. Him driving Cooper around for a few minutes first just looked super sketchy.

Does anyone else think the mistrial claims are Kilgore's emergency parachute? Or is this just a standard tactic? Maybe with the view of the SUV, car seat, and doll it's hard to fathom how RH could have not seen his son. I thought maybe there was chance RH would be not guilty of malice murder but I'm starting to think the tide has turned towards the prosecution.

I believe the view of the SUV/car seat was very damming to the DT and even more so had the jurors been able to actually sit in the seat and decide for themselves. So I'm not sure if that is a tactic the Defense uses all the time or if it really did hurt their case.

That IS true, however the ME report does say in the next sentence that they were given to LE.

Yeah but it is just so weird. If that was my kid and I wasn't the parent that left her, I wouldn't even have the thought of an attorney. That was so soon after he was discovered dead...why did she already have an attorney? Why was that a thought in her mind? I just don't get it.

If I left my two year old son or daughter to die in a hot car I would be beside myself with sadness and pain. Unable to speak, unable to function. I would consider myself, no matter the circumstances, guilty of the death of my beloved child.

But this pompous *advertiser censored* sits in a courtroom with three attorneys challenging the judge and accusing the detectives and bringing 60-90 witnesses to probably say what a good guy he was. He may have been good to them with his secret life but he certainly was not good to Cooper on June 18, 2014.

I wonder what it would be like if they could put Cooper on the stand and allow him to tell his last minutes and hours leading up to his horrible death. Would Cooper blame the judge or the detectives? Would Cooper talk about 3" difference in his car seat?

Ross Harris is NOT a grieving father. He WAS a caretaker to his most precious possession and he allowed Cooper die because he left him in a hot car. He deserves the ultimate sentence and I'm surprised he has not thrown himself on the mercy of the court and asked to be punished for what he did to his own child.

If I left my two year old son or daughter to die in a hot car I would be beside myself with sadness and pain. Unable to speak, unable to function. I would consider myself, no matter the circumstances, guilty of the death of my beloved child.

But this pompous *advertiser censored* sits in a courtroom with three attorneys challenging the judge and accusing the detectives and bringing 60-90 witnesses to probably say what a good guy he was. He may have been good to them with his secret life but he certainly was not good to Cooper on June 18, 2014.

I wonder what it would be like if they could put Cooper on the stand and allow him to tell his last minutes and hours leading up to his horrible death. Would Cooper blame the judge or the detectives? Would Cooper talk about 3" difference in his car seat?

Ross Harris is NOT a grieving father. He WAS a caretaker to his most precious possession and he allowed Cooper die because he left him in a hot car. He deserves the ultimate sentence and I'm surprised he has not thrown himself on the mercy of the court and asked to be punished for what he did to his own child.

I have to try hard not to think about what Cooper thought when his dad walked away from the car and he couldn't see him anymore, and he didn't come back. I remember when my daughter was rear facing and she would watch me load the groceries into the trunk or whatever. She would be staring at me like a hawk with giant blue eyes and the moment I turned to put the cart away, she would fall apart. I always parked right by the cart return but she just got so upset. I hate to think of Cooper getting upset. He must have felt so betrayed and so scared.

why in the world would he not have been dressed exactly as how he was when he died in that seat?

Maybe his clothing was evidence so they couldn't use it on the doll. The most noticible part of Cooper, his head, was a darn good match though. If someone missed that, they wouldn't have noticed his socks.

What would Cooper think if he knew his daddy, who is supposed to protect him, the person he relied on, who he should be able to trust above all others...was sitting around-pants around his ankles, phone in one hand, privates in his other-communicating sexually with strangers...while Cooper sat there waiting on him to come back? That was what RH had become. A sorry excuse of a man. Focused on self gratification. Communication with strangers was exciting, not parenting. Spending $375 in a month on a hooker was a priority, not a proper sized car seat for his only child. That little joker drained enough money and attention away from Ross. IMO Ross did this intentionally. Not sure if it's been proven beyond reasonable doubt, but close.

Yeah but it is just so weird. If that was my kid and I wasn't the parent that left her, I wouldn't even have the thought of an attorney. That was so soon after he was discovered dead...why did she already have an attorney? Why was that a thought in her mind? I just don't get it.

There was nothing weird about Leanna having an attorney early on. RH should have invoked the minute after Stoddard read him his rights, and Leanna should have called an attorney the minute after knowing RH was going to be charged.

Hiring an attorney isn't evidence of guilt, but of common sense and self protection in that situation. If not before RH was charged then immediately afterwards, what Leanna knew (from her point of view, one I believe to be accurate) is that it was obviously possible for LE to get it wrong, and to be charged for murder, even, for what she was positive was an accident.

She was questioned that same night, and had no way of knowing if LE intended to pursue her as well. Her concern was completely legitimate, based on the fact the SWs that night included one for their house, the fact of her interview, and the fact the SW's said that she too had researched children and hot car deaths. The fact is, LE investigated for months whether or not she involved before clearing her.

She would have been out of her mind not to hire an attorney, immediately, and I'm willing to bet she had family and friends telling her to do so as soon as they heard all that happened on the 18th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grace55