Trial - Ross Harris #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well after listening to LeAnne I have to say that Ross is a bigger than I thought. I would say he's lower than pond scum but that would insult pond scum!

I'd like to add Gary Ridgeway to that list.

He was a kind and loving father, married three times, each wife without a clue as to who he really was.

He killed for at least a couple of decades. His body count may be as high as 72.

I'd venture to say that most high profile trials involve a defendant who appeared one way to those close to them, and did something awful. Most people don't parade their badness and willing to harm innocent people. In fact they create a wonderful facade that lures people into never suspecting. I don't yet know if I think Ross intently left Cooper in his car. But IMO, I have no doubt he was capable.

JMO

Maybe. Strrrreeeeeetttttttttccccchhhhh. But I think what he said to perfect strangers on "whisper" and other apps meant for people to reveal their dirtiest secrets and deepest desires, is about as truthful and un-self-serving as we are going to get from that guy.

If we are to believe what he said on those apps as expressions of his truest self, then we are to believe he loved Cooper, because he said that, repeatedly, to those same perfect strangers.

Right? :)

I find it fascinating when people refer to RH "double life" as "just because he was cheating on his wife" or "just because he was sexting" ... What he was involved in for YEARS which we obviously were not privy to all of it - maybe just a fraction (who knows) - was not simply "a guy cheating on his wife". I have seen it put so many different ways all with the intent of making him seem like sort of just your run of the mill dirtbag.
It is mind boggling to think of the huge numbers of texts, calls, many different messaging apps (kik, scout, whisper), prostitutes, hookups, etc... That he had going on!! AND no one else in his life had ANY idea this is going on. He was holding on to an enormous secret. This was not just a girl on the side...This to me is like a textbook example of a "double life". It's SCARY!
I am not saying this is proof that he killed Cooper, but it is certainly NOT irrelevant in this case. And I am baffled by the references to this double life as "he was a cheater" so what?

On another note, I am also baffled by the lack of supporters for him in court. Maybe they are all still going to take the stand at some point....? Where are all the church people and friends? His family? (I know his brother and sister in law testified).

All JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anybody here old enough to remember what life was like prior to seat belts were the law? I am, as a child remember my parents talking about a really, really bad accident and after that my Mom made sure we all wore our seat belts. That's the way it always is, you never (or almost never) believe it can happen to you. IMO that's why a lot of parents don't take any of the hot car safety precautions. They think "oh I would never forget."

Yes. Except that's clearly and 100% NOT how Ross Harris felt. In his very own words, he stated that shortly before his son died, he watched a news report about a dad who left his kid to die in the car, who became an advocate for hot car death prevention, and that as a result, Ross began making a practice of "looking back twice" because the "worst fear" of him was leaving his son in the car. So clearly Ross felt that it could happen to him and supposedly was so worried about that that he began a practice of looking again to prevent that from happening. But despite that, and despite the gruesome reminder five days before Cooper died, that Ross saw of what happens when you leave a dependent creature in the car, Ross did just that, failing suddenly to "look again" and utterly forgetting his son despite having not one call or text come in or go out during the extremely short time he left the CFA and got, at least, to the intersection, where he had to make the decision as to which direction he was going to go.

No comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by jdj125 View Post
He spoke and said "school" fgs when he got back in the car

Smh

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Who told LE that?

RH in the interview with Stoddard first one. (if talking about Cooper when RH put back in car seat at CF, he repeated what RH said per Rh)

I watched. I did not see that he was impeached or that his testimony about Ross making an out of character statement to him that day, was proven to be untruthful. Maybe I missed something. All I saw was that he did not mention that statement to the detective on tape. So what? I doubt that would be the first thing he would say or think of when talking to the detective. That's a retrospect kind of thing. There was no successful impeachment that I saw and zero evidence that he was untruthful. IMO.

Does that clip show the part where it was testified to that he learned about Ross going to the movies after the fact?

I know I've said this before, and since we're on the topic I might as well say it again - just because JRH performed the bare minimum of being a father does not make him a great father and it does not erase all the bad things he did do - namely, leaving his son in a hot car (accidentally or on purpose) and sexting with his own son laying beside him.

JRH had a tendency to make a show out of himself and exaggerate everything. Even defense witnesses testified to this. It is more than possible (I'd even say likely) that JRH exaggerated his love of being a father. Since JRH had a tendency to use Cooper as an excuse to not get a divorce, it is also possible he used Cooper to attract women too.

gitana1 is right - the only truthful thing we'll find about JRH is what he's saying when he thinks nobody is looking.

If we are to believe what he said on those apps as expressions of his truest self, then we are to believe he loved Cooper, because he said that, repeatedly, to those same perfect strangers.

Right? :)

Yes. I think he believed he loved his son. Like casey anthony believed she loved her daughter. But apparently heaven is so much nicer and more convenient a place for a little bugger (what was the phrase he used for his son in one of those texts?) than here on earth.

RH in the interview with Stoddard first one. (if talking about Cooper when RH put back in car seat at CF, he repeated what RH said per Rh)

Sorry, Mimi, I was being making the point that it was Ross who told LE Cooper said "school," though I don't remember it was in the car.

Surely Ross would have been better off not telling LE that, if he was trying to pull off the lie Cooper must have been asleep?

The defense calling LH and her mother to the stand is a prime example of why the state should have severed the texting charges! Yes, they would have still needed to be introduced as evidence since some transpired that day but most likely not at nauseum like they had been by both sides. Prosecution would have gone down that road but now it's a huge part of Ross's defense I think. He struggled for years with it and went to counseling for it on and off. Had no self control. The problem started prior to Cooper's birth yet he still went through a lot of hoops to try to conceive despite his physical desires outside of the marriage. Kind of blows a hole in states motive!!!. So what part does it play other than the most likely cause of his distraction 6/18?!! They appear to have based their entire case in chief on his wanting a child free life and his interactions with these women should prove that. Well now what?! It started before he had a child! His ex -wife says they had intimacy issues. Does it excuse his behavior - no way - but I'm sure it's makes a few jurors think they certainly wouldn't want a sexless marriage and it drove him elsewhere because he wanted the rest of the marriage. Here he tried to still make it while going outside the marriage for physical needs and potential addiction. I think it's gross but clearly having a child was important to him. The underage issue there is no excuse there so it's not worth mentioning. I just think they should have kept it separate.

As far as his secret life- I think it's clear it wasn't such a big secret. His wife and a few of the people close to them knew bits and pieces of their issues. She might not have wanted to know for sure and face it, but it is clear she addressed the parts she was forced to when they were forced in her face. Neither side asked her if his day to day treatment or interactions with her ever changed over the years. Several times she was able to point out to the jury that they shared responsibilities and worked as a team. No one has one negative thing to say about this man with the exception of LE.

Again the sexing related charges are important b/c he committed a crime by sending photos. I just think combining them with murder charges to make the jury hate him was foolish and will probably back fire now. His scorned ex - wife still grieving the loss of their only child still believes it was an accident as does the grand mother ...who in my opinion would have even less reason to defend him even if you believe LH is. If those two of all be people, can set the sex stuff aside and be objective, than it's extremely possible the jury can and will. Stupid move on the state imo.

I will say I was surprised LH or T now... Didn't mention Cooper in the lie ruined my life, trust statement. She should have and I'm sure it wasn't lost on the jury. Her friend explaining her grief after court yesterday may cancel that out.

Yes. I think he believed he loved his son. Like casey anthony believed she loved her daughter. But apparently heaven is so much nicer and more convenient a place for a little bugger (what was the phrase he used for his son in one of those texts?) than here on earth.

Joker.

Does that clip show the part where it was testified to that he learned about Ross going to the movies after the fact?

I didn't see that. If someone can direct me to the exact spot, I will take a look and if it that is correct, I'll remove it form the list of suspicious things. But frankly there have already been a couple pro-defense statements made that turned out either to be untrue or total speculation (that Ross never said leaving his son in the car was his greatest fear. He did. In his own words (his "worst" fear). Or that Ross sat in the parked car at CFA for four minutes. We don't know that he did. Since there was no phone activity in those first four minutes after leaving CFA, it is more likely he sat in traffic.) So while I am trusting your statements, some I just want to confirm.

Now we are getting into the territory of having a possible explanation for each suspicious fact that at a certain point, yeah, we are having to explain away much too much. Of course. There's always an explanation for anything. It's the cumulation. And how hard we have to stretch to explain away damning evidence. Eg. Tape shows a child alert and wide awake. "Well that's subjective. I mean he wasn't WALKING therefore even though his eyes are open, his head up and not supported and his body straight and alert and not snuggling, we don't know for sure that he wasn't wide awake. " Ross takes a longer route to the movies that coincidentally involves a turn that would allow him to "discover" his son and do so around a crowd. "Well someone said there might have been a good reason for taking that route." Like I said, we can stretch and contort to find excuses for each factor. But when we have to do it not once but over and over again, it's not logical that the excuses erase a rational and damning picture that has been created.

I wish that I could find my original post on this subject. It had a map and an explanation of Ross's route. I think that my explanation is going to support both of your cases. Ross's route has a very logical explanation in isolation (to make a right turn into the theater), but it is far from the most logical choice. It is probably the third or fourth most logical route to get to the theater. Additionally, Ross's route went through the largest, most congested intersection in the area. It's even more illogical with the DT's emphasis on the "high traffic area."

Your welcome. There is something else on that thumb drive. I thinking it was LH or someone else Interview. Or something from HD area. I thinking they are going to bring some of the cops back for some reason. Rodriguez and Kilgore pulled Det Raissee over to side as he was leaving and were speaking with him. He along with Stockenger are who interviewed LH at Treehouse. Terrell Dudley hasn't testified. Not that I am aware of. He is who went with LH from LAA to Treehouse . Stockenger hasn't been called to testify yet either. JMHO there is still stuff that the Def needs/wants to bring about on the credibility of the investigation. That would go more to getting testimony towards the "fruit of the poisonous tree" acknowledgement in the record. :) like when Kilgore got Murphy to acknowledge about his mistake about the strap sitting.

Have you noticed, how Def has asked these witnesses has LEO contacted you. Defense is wanting to show they didn't do a thorough investigation. It was only limited into their theory. ... and the State saying Hello again nice to speak with you ... they haven't got in touch with any of these witnesses until early this year just prior to the first trial getting ready to start. Did LH frind Angie, did LEO ever contact her?

Dr Frist is on recall stand by. LOL the whole car seat is an issue. The measurements dont match up on AR report. Per ME Inv Jackson, Dr Frist called out the measurements, someone else wrote them down and no photos were taken of the measurements

**Cooper was 31 inches at his last well baby check up per Boring. I thinking my measurements fit better lol. The whole deal is about car seat. Whether RH could have seen Cooper head out the view of eye looking to the right, (NOT turning around like was saying to change lanes and got a glimpse of him) JMHO

With respect to Cooper being 31 inches in March, there are numerous witnesses who testified to his recent growth spurt. I have no reason to believe he was not 33 inches at his TOD.

Like Jeesuz if u have a fear not put some safe guards in place? The fact that it was stated is soooooo suspect. We all have fears. We all forget things. Your child you just shared breakfast with in a short span???? So sorry u suffered Cooper. I am off to the movies with hubby.

Will hop on my laptop in a couple of minutes to explain

With respect to Cooper being 31 inches in March, there are numerous witnesses who testified to his recent growth spurt. I have no reason to believe he was not 33 inches at his TOD.

If the autopsy report shows Cooper's length as both 31.5" and 33", why automatically pick the longer measurement?

Talk about no comparison! Casey didn't believe she loved Caylee. She was entirely consistent in not wanting to even be around her, given the choice.

And....I see the marker has moved on Ross's love for Cooper. Now he wasn't acting for others that he did, he had just deluded himself into believing he did? And was just acting on his delusion by wanting to be with him?

Mimi, did you happen to catch a time for when Ross was supposed to meet in the AM to account for his past due work?

Mr. Brown said his team meetings were at 9 am every morning he thought. And that RH had been dodging them. Mr. Brown met with him on Mon or Tues and was suppose to have gotten the project done on Wed, but he left early 6/18/14.... after midnight on morning of 6/18/14 RH sent Mr. Brown an email on the project. He told Boring on Cross that RH had to have gotten into the project to even had composed the email. So he was up working while doing other stuff.

**RH said in his interview with Stoddard that the meeting was at 10:30 daily I thought. On 6/18/14 Mr Brown worked from home and didn't go into the office iirc

This whole darn thing the PROS has about crying is really, really starting to tick me off. Not everybody cries the same. Has NO ONE ever thought about the fact that she is a health care worker and thus more likely to respond to terrible things by holding herself together and trying to see what needs to be done and when, etc.??????
Two years ago my puppy, who while not a child of my body is loved immensely, nearly had her back paw severed. To us that was a emergency. I immediately took over, stopped the bleeding, tried to get some disinfectant on it (I didn't want to pull it open anymore as not knowing what was going on I might puncture an artery), got the puppy cleaned off and warm, called the emergency vet, and THEN I fell apart.
The PROS keeps harping on when they were or were not crying and even HOW they were crying. Well, I'm a snotty crier so I would be trying to keep going (like LeAnne on the stand). It's just a reflex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member