Trial - Ross Harris #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr. Diamond obviously believes very much in FBS. Could be that he saw elements of that in this case, and agreed to say so.

However RH does not really fit the profile of parents that Dr. D has previously testified for, (Not an accused sex offender/ or other criminal element in the bunch, that I could find), maybe he had second thoughts about having anything to do with RH. Considering the absolutely vile character we now know he has?

I would certainly not want anything to do with 'helping' Ross, especially if my name would be professionaly associated with having testified in his defence.

Maybe after he saw LH on the stand he realized that she is just as bizarre as RH and realized neither parent fit his typical FBS parent. I will never believe LH wasn't involved.

just listened again to Kilgore speaking of Ross' waiving rights...it was exceptionally detailed...exceptionally including just last weekend speaking with him in jail on this. I am on the fence...clearly this was not a done deal as I thought but not certain did he want to and they strongly advised him not to or did defense team want him to and he refused?? We may never know...what do people think?

Imo I think they wanted him to, in order to change perception of him and humanize him in front of the jury. I think he refused because he didn't want to be cross examined, don't forget ...only he knows the truth and what may be brought out of him on cross...I.E. : LHflipping out at the end.

Imo if you are innocent, conceding the minor stuff there is NO way on this earth you don't get up there and essentially beg for your life and make those jurors cry for you.

I think it's HIGHLY unusual that a fbs defendant doesn't get on the stand and tbh have unwavering support sitting behind them to show a jury that he is loved etc..

After doing all of this research on Diamond, and all of these hot car deaths, I have come to a conclusion.

In my opinion, EVERYONE should be charged with criminal negligence, FBS or not. From now on, if a driver does not take necessary precautions, to prevent this type of accident, then they should go on trial for the death. We can no longer count these gruesome deaths as unpreventable accidents.

Not anymore. EVERYONE knows about them now. If you do not buy a 10 dollar mirror at Walmart, then you are legally negligent. Just like we made laws about proper car seats, and proper immunizations. jmo :moo:

I agree. I said a day or two ago that if these cases are tried and the parents convicted of the death (whether it be manslaughter or murder, whatever), and the parent has to serve time, the number of these horrible deaths will decrease.

There's no way there was over 5" of space from the top of Cooper's head to the top of the car seat.

Right! We have seen photos of Cooper in that seat covering up the name label on the backrest part. Regardless of what the measurements say, it is totally useless to disregard what we can see to be true with our own eyes. That photo was a few months old, IIRC!

ETA: that is also why I think the "Crown to Shoulder + Shoulder to Rump = 19" measurements from the AR are correct. Because that measures out exactly right to his head being at the top of the car seat. No matter his length for a car seat to be legal and safe his head had to be 1" below the top of the seat. Cooper's was not.

The jury will be instructed to not use the fact that RH didn't testify against him. I bet that some of them will do just that anyway. JMO.

Agree! I think some of the jurors may do things they really are not suppose to do like visual the car seat when in their own car to see how Ross could not have seen Cooper. Heck, I know I would if I were a juror. Yes, I’m bad.. :blushing:

Crown to shoulder and shoulder to rump measure out to 19" which I pointed out a few days ago. But total length was 33" and that exceeded the seat capacity by 3". Regardless Cooper's big blonde head was easily seen by RH. No matter how big Cooper was, he died because of reasons that don't align with with FBS.

Which puts him 1/4" below the top with his big blond head.

I've seen the discrepancy with the measurements brought up a lot. I'm taking pediatrics this term and we were JUST talking in class just over a week ago how it's actually really hard to get accurate measurements on small children. There are several ways to do it, so that probably explains why there is a difference. 2" is a pretty big difference, but maybe it had to do with how the body was positioned in death.

He was 31" (or 31.5"? I forgot) at his Dr appointment in March. He is said to have had a large growth spurt which makes sense why he was 33" at the time he died.

Imo I think they wanted him to, in order to change perception of him and humanize him in front of the jury. I think he refused because he didn't want to be cross examined, don't forget ...only he knows the truth and what may be brought out of him on cross...I.E. : LHflipping out at the end.

Imo if you are innocent, conceding the minor stuff there is NO way on this earth you don't get up there and essentially beg for your life and make those jurors cry for you.

I think it's HIGHLY unusual that a fbs defendant doesn't get on the stand and tbh have unwavering support sitting behind them to show a jury that he is loved etc..

Ross' cousin said in Cathy's Court chat yesterday that Kilgore told them he didn't want any family/friends there. He didn't want attention drawn to them or something.

i believe that in Dr. Diamond's previous cases the defendant took the stand.....again as with so many things here I am about human instincts...a mother wanting to see her dead baby to be sure....a father not walking away and making small talk.....a mother still defending the reason her one baby is dead and never seeming in the initial stages to even want details...talking about having other children in the future both in the interrogation room and at the FUNERAL! And the culmination is not admitting the sexting but throwing yourself on the mercy of the court and jury that you did not do this on purpose....I think if he had wanted to get up there on that last day DT might have been willing to go with it because at this point they have little to lose and much to gain. Also the complete lack of family support in the courtroom...at sentencing if it comes to that say on count 1/2/or 3 who will speak for Cooper? People have said ...RH said don't come...sorry not buying that...defense team knows having loving family sitting there will make a difference. Even in a small case I was on I noted right away that one particular person really cared about the defendant and that can make a difference. Here you have LH just yelling he ruined her life...that will stick with the jury...but the sad thing is she was more talking about other women and men than killing her son.

Ross' cousin said in Cathy's Court chat yesterday that Kilgore told them he didn't want any family/friends there. He didn't want attention drawn to them or something.

Regardless, they should be there. Perception is reality.

i watch the trial there but often chat goes very fast for me...who is his cousin. I often see people coming in and saying they know so and so or are family and frankly often I don't believe it. Just wondering.

I have to say I've never heard of DT telling family to stay away....it's usually completely opposite!!

Which puts him 1/4" below the top with his big blond head.

Which violates the other rule by the manufacturer: to be safe and legal Coopers head needed to be 1" or more below the top. That 1/4" is so close to the top that I think that is why it was said his head exceeded the top of the car seat.

He probably didn't want to look worse for betraying so many people. If I believed my cousin was innocent of a crime I would be there to support them no matter what. I'm sure they will all show up to beg the judge for leniency if he is convicted though. That is when he will want them.

This is such an odd thing to say in a baby's eulogy, isn't it?

LH:
"I miss him with all of my heart. Would I bring him back? No. To bring him back into this broken world would be selfish," she said."

22 months prior it wasn't selfish to bring him INTO this world tho, after years of trying no less!

Does anyone know if any Peds, OB or hospitals give out info on FBS and how to prevent it? I just asked my daughter and she said no and I know it isn't part of our discharge teaching to parents here either.

Agree! I think some of the jurors may do things they really are not suppose to do like visual the car seat when in their own car to see how Ross could not have seen Cooper. Heck, I know I would if I were a juror. Yes, I’m bad.. :blushing:

I don't think they have to intentionally look. Since the trial started I've noticed my daughter's booster seat (which is positioned behind my seat) when backing up, changing lanes, etc. and my thought every time has been how did he not see Cooper just over his shoulder?? Any juror with a car seat or a kid in the back is going to wonder that if they inadvertently catch a glance.

Something is way off with those measurements...

AR
Crown -heel 33 inches

crown-shoulder 8
shoulder-heel 23.5
31.5 inches

crown -rump 14
rump-heel 17.5

So we are to conclude his chest/upper abdomen was only 6 inches long?

I don't understand why the conversation about whether Cooper fit in his car seat is continuing. During yesterday afternoon's charges hearing, the DT stated that Cooper did not fit within the manufacturer's specifications for his car seat. Whether Cooper was 1.5" or 3" too big, it doesn't matter. He was too long for his seat. The DT is not even disputing that fact.

This is such an odd thing to say in a baby's eulogy, isn't it?

LH:
"I miss him with all of my heart. Would I bring him back? No. To bring him back into this broken world would be selfish," she said."

22 months prior it wasn't selfish to bring him INTO this world tho, after years of trying no less!

Yes - I have sadly attended several children's funerals and never heard anything like that. Most parents are grieving about the *good* things that they will not experience in life - not see them graduate from high school, not see them attend the prom, not see them go to college, not see them get married, not see them have their own children, etc. That is the normal reaction when a life is cut short.

The other very odd thing was mentioning having another child. I know many, many experts caution family and friends not to refer to other (even existing) children as a comfort after a child dies. The reason being that that individual child cannot be replaced.

They are certainly an odd couple. I believe he is guilty but not because he is odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther