Trial Thread 4/18/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steven D'Souza ‏ @cbcsteve
Crown describes Waldron as a "cyber detective" #sl

OPP Det.-Cst. Leslie Waldron is on the stand now. She's an internet and online usage expert #sl

bbm

I'd love to be a cyber detective. lol

RaffertyLFP: She was called in to investigate Rafferty's Facebook interactions and will show a Powerpoint to the court

She had been with the child sexual exploitation unit.

She was called on to investigate Rafferty's Facebook. She has a power point slide show

My spouse sat on a murder jury 20 years ago, and she said they weren't allowed any notes from the trial during deliberations. They could ask for specific testimony or questions on legal issues from the judge.

It might have changed since then.

She has never discussed the jury deliberations, but said the most important factor for the jurors was the instructions from the Judge on what they should consider when deciding their verdict.
JMO...........

Yup, that's what happened in the CA case except they didn't understand what reasonable doubt nor lesser charges meant, hope we have a brighter bunch

Avery Moore ‏ @AveryFreeFMNews
OPP Const. Leslie Waldron is called as a witness. She was very involved in the investigation into #Rafferty's online actions. Facebook etc..

bbm

RaffertyLFP: Waldren is explaining Facebook to the court

Showing the wikipedia page about Facebook to explain the site.

She calls it, without a doubt, tbenumber one social network on the Internet.

Really? He had to ask his client what questions to ask? If that's the case, he's in worse shape than I thought. They have a list of witnesses. He should have been prepared in advance.
Not directing this at you but just the thought that he had to confer with his client about one of his "girls" is silly, imo. Why didn't he do the same with the others?

Personally, I think it's some strategy hoping the jury will forget some of the testimony.

IE TLM's shirt found in HIS bag. Data downloaded on his computer from the phone, etc.

BBM:

I am confident that he is well prepared in advance with all of the Crown's witness, though this particular witness likely said something on the stand this morning and he wanted clarification from his client regarding the witness' testimony before he proceeded with his questions. He wouldn't have had to request a recess, had the judge granted his motion to have his client beside him and not in a prisoner's box, it's standard practice, though it's hard to do when your client is not sitting next to you, so you have to request a recess in order to speak with him/her during a trial.

He didn't do the same with the others because he didn't need any clarification on their testimony from his client.

Crown describes Waldron as a "cyber detective" #sl

OPP Det.-Cst. Leslie Waldron is on the stand now. She's an internet and online usage expert #sl

bbm

I'd love to be a cyber detective. lol

AM I the only one wondering if she checked out WS? lol

:eek:

MR is a piece of work, I tell ya! Dance training and international travel and purchasing houses with all of his jobs and communicating with clients.

Oh... and the drugs obviously were NOT just all about TLM as we are hearing from this latest girlfriend!

ya TLM seemed to get them from her mom; HE seemed big time drug selling, buying and popping. JMO

Waldron is now giving court a tutorial on Facebook #sl

Const. Waldron describes what Facebook is for the jury. #Rafferty

this lands at random: it is against TOS to "out" another websleuths member or discuss them. Also: there are no verified locals in Tori's case at this time. Please do not speculate about what member(s) may be a girl friend etc as that is all purely rumor and speculation. Thanks peeps.

OPP Const. Leslie Waldron is called as a witness. She was very involved in the investigation into #Rafferty's online actions. Facebook etc..

She's explaining how Facebook is used, and how to sign up.

RaffertyLFP: Court is getting an explanation of how Facebook works and how you sign on

Wonder if he played farmville during his "free" time? bwahahaha

Oh Gawd are we about to find out what his profile said. Gag me.

Waldron showing court aspects of Facebook page. Amazing how different the pages and layout look in 2009. #sl

Given wide-ranging ages of members of Jury, a Facebook tutorial, while obvious to some, is helpful for others

Showing how items are shared amongst friends. Also explaining profile pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JasmineD