Trial Thread 4/18/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, whatever happened to "Ojection .. calls for speculation on the part of the witness"?

There is no speculation because the witness has direct knowledge of the area, and is thereby able to answer the question.

Earlier tweets in order as they came from AM980.ca

The jury is returning to the courtroom. Ready to resume.

Carnegie now asking Waldron about how to use MSN.

Investigators were given authorization to access Rafferty's MSN account.

One image shows Rafferty wearing "Fresh Live" shirt. McClintic wore the same one, same one found in the suitcase.

McClintic seem wearing a shirt that looks the same in hotel photos found on Rafferty's camera.

Court hearing Rafferty's Facebook profile picture and info was posted on AM980's website, after he was arrested.

They were eventually able to get the account info from Facebook.

The screen shot was also linked to on the can crime website.

Rafferty's Facebook profile page was disabled after his arrest. Facebook kept the data.

Another post on Rafferty's page shows he wanted to meet up with unnamed old friends.

Info from Facebook shows Rafferty posted on the wall of Alexis Lane's wall, a friend liked his post about "everything good".

He wrote on Lane's wall on April 11th.

Rafferty accepted a Facebook friend on April 9th.

Rafferty connected to his Facebook profile after April 8th, never changed his status.

Showing images from Rafferty's memory card. His profile picture is on the card.

Showing the screen capture from Rafferty's profile. Shows he became friends with Alexis Lane, others.

Rafferty taking lots of notes during this portion of the testimony.

Showing an image on his profile. It was tagged on May 4th, 2008.

Rafferty was in no networks, joined Facebook March 13/07. He used a hotmail account to sign up. Work info says "I will tell you if you ask"

Activities include dancing and camping. Interests also include car, loving life, friendship, being outdoors.

In the music section, he says he went to an evanessesce concert, says he enjoys rock, country music. Phil Collins, Sean Kingston. Everything

Says he likes Seinfeld, Grey's Anatomy, Survivor. 80's movies, Anne Rice books.

Profile is long, rambling, and hard to read in some spots.

Rafferty talks of wishing he could change the past.

He says he wears his heart on his sleeve and loves God. Talks more of friends.

It says there are no second chances in life. Written in all capital letters.

I can post tweets just for a couple of minutes.

AM980_Court Derstine asking about liking/tagging posts

AM980_Court He asks who was friends with Rafferty. Terri-Lynne McClintic was not friends with him.

I am very curious about MR's dating history prior to that spring of 2009, but I suppose we won't ever know if he was a hound dog then, too. But I wonder if the gathering of his 'harem' started in that spring, and if it was in reaction to an event that stressed/upset him. I've also wondered if perhaps a specific event or episode caused him to have a psychological 'break' - something that spurred him into acting on what may have been long term, secret fantasies - which led him to participate in the kidnaping/rape/murder of Tori. Now that we have the evidence that he was searching out AL who he'd hoped to marry on FB on that morning in April, I am speculating that it may have been that rejection that drove him over the edge? MOO Just wondering what makes someone decide that the time has come to act on their evil, sick urges?

My thanks to all who post the updates, share info & express such well thought out opinions.

Avery Moore ‏ @AveryFreeFMNews Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Jury back after break. Det. Con. Leslie Waldron still on the stand. #Rafferty's lawyer is cross examining. Asks about Facebook 'tagging'

AM980_Court Rafferty posted his status, then searched for Alexis Lane's profile.
AM980_Court profile

AM980_Court (On April 8th)

<<<sigh>>> Oh the rage and violence that must have been mustered from listening to Phil Collins. MOO

Such a contrast from the hateful rage of TLM. MOO

Avery Moore &#8207; @AveryFreeFMNews Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
On Facebook #Rafferty lists favourite music as: Ani DiFranco, Hayden, Imogen Heap, Sean Kingston and Phil Collins.

AM980_Court Derstine asks about privacy settings, asking how hard it would be to sign in on somebody else's account. She says depends on settings.

Derstine says there's no way 2 know what was in #Rafferty's head when he posted status on Apr. 8th, only he searched Alexis Lane after.

980_Court Rafferty posted his status, then searched for Alexis Lane's profile.....
Destine was referring to his comment " Good things are coming my way"....

later on in tweet expert on stand answers saying he CAN NOT CONFIRM that was said while looking at Alex lane's profile....IMO only good try defense !..my opiinon again...robynhood

tweets as they came in AM980.ca

One more question from Carnegie. Clarifies they were discussing eastern daylight time during Facebook testimony. Now Derstine.

Derstine asking about liking/tagging posts.

He asks who was friends with Rafferty. Terri-Lynne McClintic was not friends with him.

Rafferty posted his status, then searched for Alexis Lane's profile.

(On April 8th)

Derstine asks about privacy settings, asking how hard it would be to sign in on somebody else's account. She says depends on settings.

Derstine suggests if he says on Plenty of Fish he's tall dark and handsome, there's no way to confirm that without meeting him. She agrees.

Waldron says on Plenty of Fish is "buyer beware."

Derstine asking about McClintic's Facebook page.

RaffertyLFP: Court is seeing a portion of Terri-Lynne McClintics Facebook page Derstine is asking about bottom portions being cropped off screen

Waldron says on Plenty of Fish is "buyer beware."

RaffertyLFP: Derstine asks about signing on to setting from someone else's account Waldron says it depends on privacy settings

RaffertyLFP: Derstine asks if Facebook can be asked from anywhere that has Internet connection Waldron says yes

RaffertyLFP: Waldron can't confirm if he was looking at the profile when he was posting

RaffertyLFP: Derstine asks if Rafferty was looking at Alexis Lane profile when he wrote "Everything good coming my way"

RaffertyLFP: Asked by Derstine Waldron said Terri-Lynne McClintic was not one of Rafferty's Facebook friends

RaffertyLFP: Court resumes jury is back Waldron back on stand Derstine asks about tagging on Facebook

<<<sigh>>> Oh the rage and violence that must have been mustered from listening to Phil Collins. MOO

Such a contrast from the hateful rage of TLM. MOO

On Facebook #Rafferty lists favourite music as: Ani DiFranco, Hayden, Imogen Heap, Sean Kingston and Phil Collins.

Personally, I think this is because women would be attracted to someone that listens to this kind of music. NOT because it is what MR really liked to listen too. Can you even dance to Phil Collins?

Salem

Derstine asking about quiz boxes. Wondering why she code the quizzes she did. Waldron says they were more legible.

Derstine doesn't seem to agree, but moves on.

RaffertyLFP: Court is seeing a portion of Terri-Lynne McClintics Facebook page Derstine is asking about bottom portions being cropped off screen

RaffertyLFP: Derstine is asking Waldron why she picked particular items on McClintic's website

Derstine suggests that Facebook quiz can give many answers, Waldron agrees.

Derstine asking about quiz boxes. Wondering why she code the quizzes she did. Waldron says they were more legible.

Derstine doesn't seem to agree, but moves on.

Always trying to get the heat off his client, bring it back to TLM. MOO

Off topic but I thought all probably would like to know--Dick Clarke of Dick Clarke's New Years Rockin' Eve has passed away from a massive heart attack at 82.

Personally, I think this is because women would be attracted to someone that listens to this kind of music. NOT because it is what MR really liked to listen too. Can you even dance to Phil Collins?

Salem

I recall this song playing on the dance floor in my day. (hating to give away my age)

"Sussudio" (there are more, would you like the discography here?)

It's all interpretation isn't it? You may view his FB profile as fake to solicit women and others may view it as legit. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda