trial thread: 5/8/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tammi thinks that the more she talks they will believe her.
She talks in circles and circles.

YOU KNOW!!

Everyone lies, You know Logan needs a forgery charge.
It's like she saying: Look over there.....don't look here, NO over there is the fire, not here.

Well, now Vinnie finds Tammi Smith believable. I know that EJ has shown herself to be a liar, but I believe there was truth in what she said in that confrontational phone call. The Smiths may not have told her to go San Antonio at that time, but I think I heard EJ said it was one of Tammi's many ideas, maybe I am wrong. EJ said they talked every day several times a day when she was in SA. I thought then and I think now that Tammi had a disposable phone for those calls to SA which LE never saw. EJ sounded surprised when the detectives told her they don't have evidence, and she said what about the phone calls, they should prove it.

Looks like TS faces a likely sentence of only 3.5 years if she is found guilty of the custodial interference, although the max is 7 years, because 3.5 is "presumptive". http://www.russlawaz.com/arizona-class-3-felony.htm

I predict that if this woman is found guilty, she will be sentenced to no more than 2.5 years on each charge, to run concurrently and will actually serve much less, unless AZ is strict about making convicts serve their entire sentence.

That makes me really mad. IMO, she helped create a situation with an unstable woman to take baby Gabriel away from his father forever, either by an illegal adoption or murder. I think she deserves 10 years.

You're so right, and I think that's the reason why she's being held responsible for her actions and being prosecuted.
I hope when found guilty they will handcuff her and throw her in jail until sentencing.
I'm sure the defense will ask for her to be free on bond until then, and then ask for her to be free on bond until appeals are filed, etc.

Noffense against cops per say but I just heard that detective say ' Im not making any of this up" Now why would she feel the need to say this to EJ? Unless she has made something up?

Maybe because the police are allowed to lie to suspects, and she wanted EJ to believe she was being honest with her. jmo

Looks like TS faces a likely sentence of only 3.5 years if she is found guilty of the custodial interference, although the max is 7 years, because 3.5 is "presumptive". http://www.russlawaz.com/arizona-class-3-felony.htm

I predict that if this woman is found guilty, she will be sentenced to no more than 2.5 years on each charge, to run concurrently and will actually serve much less, unless AZ is strict about making convicts serve their entire sentence.

That makes me really mad. IMO, she helped create a situation with an unstable woman to take baby Gabriel away from his father forever, either by an illegal adoption or murder. I think she deserves 10 years.

If she is found guilty of anything I think the DT will bring many witnesses to say how wonderful TS is. I also think she will get probation which irks me to no end. jmo

Doesn't Tammi have a prior criminal record? If so, I hope that counts for something when she is sentenced.

If she is found guilty of anything I think the DT will bring many witnesses to say how wonderful TS is. I also think she will get probation which irks me to no end. jmo

I hope not...I noticed the judge himself is concerned about her.
He helped the defense today about bringing up the fact that this trial is about Tammi facing certain charges, not that Tammi helped Elizabeth hide Gabriel.
Also after Tammi's crying meltdown this afternoon, he stopped the trial, then when they came back, before the jury sat down, the judge asked Tammi if she was okay.....
I've never seen a judge ask a defendant before if they're okay....

I hope the jury sees what I see and hear, this is one controlling biat$h.
If it was not for Tammi, Elizabeth never would have left AZ and Logan would have Gabriel right now.

Wanna take bets what Tammi is going to wear tomorrow???????

I'm not an attorney, but here's my argument on it (pro prosecution):

13-1302. Custodial interference; child born out of wedlock; defenses; classification
A.A person commits custodial interference if, knowing or having reason to know that the person has no legal right to do so, the person does one of the following: 1.Takes, entices or keeps from lawful custody any child, or any person who is incompetent, and who is entrusted by authority of law to the custody of another person or institution.
2.Before the entry of a court order determining custodial rights, takes, entices or withholds any child from the other parent denying that parent access to any child.
3.If the person is one of two persons who have joint legal custody of a child takes, entices or withholds from physical custody the child from the other custodian.
4.At the expiration of access rights outside this state, intentionally fails or refuses to return or impedes the return of a child to the lawful custodian.

B.If a child is born out of wedlock, the mother is the legal custodian of the child for the purposes of this section until paternity is established and custody or access is determined by a court.

One of the times that EJ destroyed Logan's apartment (August or September, I believe), the court gave Gabriel to Logan and issued a restraining order against EJ protecting Gabriel and Logan. Since the restraining order was issued against the "legal custodian of the child", as defined above, isn't the court implying that Logan was the father ("access determined by a court") by allowing Gabriel to stay with Logan? Otherwise, Gabriel should have been taken by CPS to protect him against the "legal custodian".

Since I haven't seen the actual restraining order, I don't know what exactly the judge who issued it said about it, but if it implies or states that Logan was the father at the time the restraining order was issued, doesn't that negate the defense's argument that Logan didn't have rights until December 17?

Good argument but I don't remember what custody he had at the time, if any, in connection with the RO.

Doesn't Tammi have a prior criminal record? If so, I hope that counts for something when she is sentenced.

Oh my gosh, she DOES have priors, IIRC. So per the code, she may be eligible for more time!!! I hope so!

I hope not...I noticed the judge himself is concerned about her.
He helped the defense today about bringing up the fact that this trial is about Tammi facing certain charges, not that Tammi helped Elizabeth hide Gabriel.
Also after Tammi's crying meltdown this afternoon, he stopped the trial, then when they came back, before the jury sat down, the judge asked Tammi if she was okay.....
I've never seen a judge ask a defendant before if they're okay....

I hope the jury sees what I see and hear, this is one controlling biat$h.
If it was not for Tammi, Elizabeth never would have left AZ and Logan would have Gabriel right now.

Wanna take bets what Tammi is going to wear tomorrow???????

I initially posted a rather risque' nun costume with fish net stockings and a very large cross.
But on second though...I don't want to get banned.
The_Flying_Nun.jpg

I think they cal that " it takes a crook to catch a crook" LOL

That is awful. Tammi's sister has been in a mental facility for 10 years now. Diagnosed in her teens as bi-polar, she moved on to schitzophrenia as an adult.

There is something "off" about Tammi, and I have to wonder how her experiences with this sister have to do with it. I can attest that growing up with a mentally ill sibling can be very difficult. Surely, Tammi has "issues" of her own as we have witnessed from the time of her appearance on NG with Jack, her behavior in the courtroom, and her audios and videos with LE.

I sincerely doubt that she and Jack would pass the test for a legal adoption which explains her frightening interactions with pregnant women and women with infants. I also believe her (and Jack's) desire for children led them down the back alleys of manipulation and deceit when the got Hannah. Surprise! Hannah's daddy lost custody by default.

If found guilty on all charges, I do hope the judge takes the previous forgery conviction into account when sentencing her on that charge. Also, the fact that she staked out other mothers might not help her on the custodial interference charge.

Of course, I'm an optimist. I hope for the best, expect the worse, and take what comes. That's all that helped me get through the verdict in THAT other case. It happens.

As for Tammi's outfit today, I have no idea. For those who missed the InSession shot of her outfit yesterday, I would like to point out that Tammi's ruffled top was what you saw in court. What you didn't see was that it was a halter-top (wide, though) and her sweater only covered her bare shoulders. Note to self: tons of long and wide, chifonny ruffles up front are not flattering to anyone! :what: Especially when one has, ahem, a bit of flab in the upper arms. My fashion note of the morning.

slightly off topic here but can anyone find this news story:

A proposed law in Arizona will actually make it a very serious crime to annoy or offend someone on the Internet. So if you live in Arizona be careful what you say on the net

Someone sent it to me this morning with a bunch of other bad news LOL

There is something most definitely "off" with Tammi. She gave me the heebie jeebies when I seen her and Jack on NG when this case started.

She likes to herself talk, when the best thing for her to do is just be quiet and not say anything.

That is awful. Tammi's sister has been in a mental facility for 10 years now. Diagnosed in her teens as bi-polar, she moved on to schitzophrenia as an adult.

There is something "off" about Tammi, and I have to wonder how her experiences with this sister have to do with it. I can attest that growing up with a mentally ill sibling can be very difficult. Surely, Tammi has "issues" of her own as we have witnessed from the time of her appearance on NG with Jack, her behavior in the courtroom, and her audios and videos with LE.

I sincerely doubt that she and Jack would pass the test for a legal adoption which explains her frightening interactions with pregnant women and women with infants. I also believe her (and Jack's) desire for children led them down the back alleys of manipulation and deceit when the got Hannah. Surprise! Hannah's daddy lost custody by default.

If found guilty on all charges, I do hope the judge takes the previous forgery conviction into account when sentencing her on that charge. Also, the fact that she staked out other mothers might not help her on the custodial interference charge.

Of course, I'm an optimist. I hope for the best, expect the worse, and take what comes. That's all that helped me get through the verdict in THAT other case. It happens.

As for Tammi's outfit today, I have no idea. For those who missed the InSession shot of her outfit yesterday, I would like to point out that Tammi's ruffled top was what you saw in court. What you didn't see was that it was a halter-top (wide, though) and her sweater only covered her bare shoulders. Note to self: tons of long and wide, chifonny ruffles up front are not flattering to anyone! :what: Especially when one has, ahem, a bit of flab in the upper arms. My fashion note of the morning.

Ok here ya go ! Not shocked now I understand more about the dynamics of TS i was thinking all along anyone who would go to that length to snatch someone else's kid has got to be lightly off her rocker. I just bet TS hates the fact this story came out. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500