Trial Thread 7 May 2012 - Closing Arguments, Defense then the Crown

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to hear the defence give there reason, until today we haven't really heard MR version as to what happened, we have only heard a suggestion at a rather short one at that.

Good-morning.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 23575_384322068320_260737528320_3705674_6271292_n.jpg
    23575_384322068320_260737528320_3705674_6271292_n.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 161
How strange or not strange is it for a defense to show pretty much nothing in way of defense until the closing argument? Is this common? Will we be surprised? MOO

a. will there be a shocker
b. will defense pull a rabbit out of their hat
c. will the defense lead show his brilliance today and leave us in awe?
d. will this be the turning point for defense?
e. will this be just much of the same
f. or by this afternoon is defense...going down.
g. or by the end of the day; will the group still be divided and or straddling the fence?

What do you think? MOO

If by end of day (g) applies, then crown could be in real trouble. I hope that either way it goes, it is definitive and leaves no doubt about guilt or innocence. JMO

How strange or not strange is it for a defense to show pretty much nothing in way of defense until the closing argument? Is this common? Will we be surprised? MOO

g. or by the end of the day; will the group still be divided and or straddling the fence?

What do you think? MOO

g............in all probability.

Unless the defense can pull a shocker, that is directly tied to evidence, that none of us have thought of and debated yet.......and I couldn't imagine what that could be.

JMO.......

What do you think? MOO

I don't think they can pull out a trump card without evidence to back it...at this point it would be circumstantial, if that. I think Derstine will play the TLM mastermind card to the fullest. It's the only defense they have IMO...and a weak one at that....IMO

A report that MR's mother is there today...ohhhhh

It looks like Michael #Rafferty's mother Deb Murphy is in court today.

I've been told #Rafferty's mom was in court a few days last week but went unnoticed. Our cameras captured her coming in this morning

https://twitter.com/#!/cbcsteve

Guess you can't believe what media reports about MR's family not being there. I guess MR does have support of his family after all. JMO

lzilkeglobal ‏ @lzilkeglobal
Deborah Murphy, mother of accused Michael #Rafferty attending closing arguments. Son charged in death of #tori Stafford @globalnewsto

Linda Nguyen ‏
#Rafferty's mother says she was here 2 days last week. She was quite reluctant and didn't want to say anything else #ToriStafford

8:46
Mike Knoll: @guest - sorry - just confirmed that we may get the beginning of the Crown's closing arguments this afternoon.

Crown's closing arguments? ??
I thought they start with the degence argument.
I AM CONFUSED !!

London Free Press ‏ @RaffertyLFP

A woman believed to be Michael Rafferty's mother was spotted coming into court today.

I AM CONFUSED !!

sorry for my nonsense post. I need a coffee too..lol
wow, crown's closing argument already this afternoon? so fast?
I expected to hear the defence talking all day ...

Steven D'Souza ‏ @cbcsteve
I've been told #Rafferty's mom was in court a few days last week but went unnoticed. Our cameras captured her coming in this morning

It looks like Michael #Rafferty's mother Deb Murphy is in court today.

Guess you can't believe what media reports about MR's family not being there. I guess MR does have support of his family after all. JMO

That is assuming she is supporting him.
It is reasonable though why she would want to fly under the radar. Her emotions must be so wrought with confusion and sorrow, she is another vicitm in this whole case as well. I hope she can find peace JMO.

I AM CONFUSED !!

Defense starts and if time allows, Crown may begin theirs. That is how I'm interpreting the tweets. HTH

The main courtroom is full, and now the overflow room is serving its purpose and is starting to fill up as well

Mike did any media try to get a reaction from- rafferty's Mother or approach her at all?

Mike Knoll: @Debbie - Randy Richmond spoke with her

WOW

9:31 Mike Knoll: Breaking news hit from Randy Richmond:

Michael Rafferty's mother has turned up at court as the jury begins to
hear closing arguments in his murder trial.

Deborah Murphy arrived Monday, the day defence lawyer Dirk Derstine makes
his closing arguments.

Murphy said she had been here last week but declined to comment further,
saying she may speak to the media after the verdict.

Rafferty's family has not attended the trial before now.

9:51
Mike Knoll: @Debbie - Randy Richmond spoke with her.
9:51
Comment From Debbie from Woodstock
Mike did any media try to get a reaction from- rafferty's Mother or approach her at all?

Defense starts and if time allows, Crown may begin theirs. That is how I'm interpreting the tweets. HTH

Does anyone know if objections can be raised during closing arguments?

Just a story I thought I would share with you guys. Yesterday my family and I were returning from grocery shopping. We pulled into our yard and there is this little girl just standing there in my front yard. I was like "whose that kid?" My daughter says it is So and so from school ( this kid is 5). I was like okay go see her I will be right there and find out what is going on. So I come up and she was telling me she followed her dog into our yard and that no one is at her house. I told her well lets go see because we do not want to scare your family because they can not find you. So I take her home and low and behold her mom is sitting on her front porch drinking beer with her boyfriend while her husband is working out of town. She was like oh did she come for a visit? I said no she was in our yard when we returned home and I have no idea how long she was there. Mom replies well I was calling for her (which she was not) and I told her to stay in the yard so now she is going to be in trouble (WTH?). The woman new I was pi**ed off. I just walked away. My daughter who is 11 was so upset. She was like mom some bad people could have took her and did bad things to her, you should really tell on her mom. I explained that kids wander sometimes ( I believe all parents have expereinced some sort of fear) however what bothered me was she did not know she was gone and then proceeded to give the child trouble when she neglected to be a parent. The other problem is we live in the bush by a lake. My back yard has a drop off to the lake and she could have been seriously injured. OMG it makes me soooooooo mad!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500