Trial Thread: May 14, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
From link:

Smith once worked as an exotic dancer in New Orleans, aspired to be a country music singer pursuing fortune and fame in Nashville, Tenn., and at one time was married to two men at the same time, according to police reports and court records.

EEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKK!!! :what:

There are rumors out there of how she met Jack, which I won't repost here, but I have to wonder about the validity of them since Jack was a little evasive in his own testimony about how they actually met.

Somebody needs to get a screenshot of the doe in the headlights look on atty Phillips face when they broke for lunch after Schutt testified.

I think his testimony caught her offguard - notice how much she tried to get him to say that the conversations took place after Dec 15? Either TPS didn't know, remember or care that he had surgery, and could paint an accurate timeline of how things transpired.

There are rumors out there of how she met Jack, which I won't repost here, but I have to wonder about the validity of them since Jack was a little evasive in his own testimony about how they actually met.

WOW. The lady is a ... sings Frank Sinatra song whose title ends in "amp" :party:

And they did this why? I am guessing there wont be much of a cross for the Prosecution then.

I suspect they hadn't done a deposition with him prior to his testimony and relied on TPS's statements as to what he would say.

I think cross will go something like "Mr. Schutt, did you say (fill in the blank) to Mrs. Smith regarding Gabriel Johnson?" to drive the points home. :woohoo:

I gotta say that I am a bit disappointed in the prosecution right now. Could they have something else planned that I'm not aware of, because it seems they let TPS slide on many, many points.

Since we can't see the jury, I suspect they are getting very weary from hearing all the tapes and her own testimony, and the pros didn't want to "lose them" by focusing on every lie....

Judge seems a little down in the dumps today.

I suspect if he is, it has to do with the emergency hearing he has to do this afternoon, which is why this trial will run short today.

Hi Everybody! Just got here- sorry to miss Tammi but hope you have figured everything out and will explain it to me.

Ooh, and something else about Schutt, if his "involvement" was prior to Dec 15, and the defense had claimed in that rule 20 motion (I think that was the right one) that anything prior to the custody hearing shouldn't count toward the custodial interference charge, then TPS claiming Schutt told her all that stuff after EJ ran, which he is not agreeing to, shows that TPS was lying to EJ to keep Gabriel away from Logan, which IMHO, proves that charge as well.

So obviously Schutt wasn't part of this plan that TPS had to pressure Logan into jumping through hoops until he was willing to walk away and let TPS adopt his son....

Hi Everybody! Just got here- sorry to miss Tammi but hope you have figured everything out and will explain it to me.

:seeya: Tammi's cross didn't last too much longer today - the real juicy stuff of the day was Schutt's testimony. I think I pretty much boiled down the good points in that one post I made addressing the different issues.

Cross starts after lunch, then redirect, then defense rests and rebuttal starts - all expected to happen before he has to cut the trial short today for his emergency hearing.

Hmm, we may have a verdict by Thursday....

If the jury has been listening, if they have been paying attention, if they are somewhat intelligent, and if they're not from Pinellis County...it shouldn't take but about a half hour and they should find her guilty on all charges.

That's my hope anyway. :please:

I have a feeling that the detective and prosecutor sat down and made a list of the key points in Tammi's case which proves her guilt. I agree that they didn't want to weary the jury with tons more rambling incoherency. Now, the detective will get up in rebuttal and make mincemeat of Tammi.

Can't wait to hear the cross of Schutt. If he hurt the defense so much on direct, what will happen now? I hope they are back somewhere near close to on time.

If the jury has been listening, if they have been paying attention, if they are somewhat intelligent, and if their not from Pinellis County...it shouldn't take but about a half hour and they should find her guilty on all charges.

That's my hope anyway. :please:

I think I'd find this all very hard to follow. Hoping the jury takes in the whole Tammi vibe and then notes the simple facts about Tammi putting Craig Cherry's name on the paternity papers and her telling Logan that Elizabeth will bring his child back only if he signs adoption papers.

IMHO, he was more a witness for the pros rather than defense!

I agree with you if the jurors were paying attention and remembered Tammi's testimony and the conflicts. But I have my doubts there. They didn't have but one question so they must have made up their minds already. But how are they going to rule?

Looks like Jack will be in the courtroom today. Tammi looked so cherie walking to the courthouse...Jack looked like he'd rather be having a root canal.

Yep, just saw it and replayed it over and over....

And my goodness, she sure had her top pulled up over her ba-zooms coming into court - what happened once she got into court??? :floorlaugh:

I think I'd find this all very hard to follow. Hoping the jury takes in the whole Tammi vibe and then notes the simple facts about Tammi putting Craig Cherry's name on the paternity papers and her telling Logan that Elizabeth will bring his child back only if he signs adoption papers.

Well, my faith is in the fact that the jury will have the actual law in front of them in deliberations....

I love the fact the jurors can ask questions. I am disappointed this jury hasnt really asked any. Maybe I am just different. I would have had a ton of questions for TS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member