Try to keep an open mind, an open heart and an open eye.

I have had to pull away from this case a bit. Still perched on my fencetop trying oh so hard to keep and open mind heart and eyes. I find it too difficult to continue posting regularly on this one as there is such a large number of members who have decided in their opinion that the parents are responsible. What can I post? I still do not feel there is enough evidence to point to their guilt? Okay, there I have posted it. But then what?

Where do I go from there? Do I rabidly defend them against each post that expresses another opinion? That is silly and unhelpful and childish. So here I sit, perched and silent, waiting for something of substance to come to light which can pull me off the fence to land definitively on one side or the other. Til then I will be in lurk mode.

:goodpost:

These are pretty much my sentiments exactly.

I'm right here with ya. The dogs do give me pause (pun was not intended hehe) though I will have to admit. Even if they are correct I am not sure who to blame though. I so don't want to believe somebody who seemed to take such good care of their kids could do it.

In Da Middle, it must be quite strange for you to watch things unfold "LIVE" (in the neighborhood I mean) and watch reactions here. And also, to sort of know these people in the flesh whereas most of us comment on what we see on TV which gives it a different and perhaps false impression sometimes.

Kudos to you for reporting and staying objective!

I have had to pull away from this case a bit. Still perched on my fencetop trying oh so hard to keep and open mind heart and eyes. I find it too difficult to continue posting regularly on this one as there is such a large number of members who have decided in their opinion that the parents are responsible. What can I post? I still do not feel there is enough evidence to point to their guilt? Okay, there I have posted it. But then what?

Where do I go from there? Do I rabidly defend them against each post that expresses another opinion? That is silly and unhelpful and childish. So here I sit, perched and silent, waiting for something of substance to come to light which can pull me off the fence to land definitively on one side or the other. Til then I will be in lurk mode.

tlcox,
I love your posts. Please don't lurk too long. :therethere:

Just jumping off your post because of your link, but if I saw this man carrying a child, or even had a child walking along side them, with no clothes on but a diaper or underwear, am I the only one that would have followed him somehow and turned him in right then? Without knowing anything else of what was to come with Baby Lisa, I would have done it in a snap! Guess I'm nosy and need to mind my own business sometimes but no child needs to be outdoors without clothes on when it's that cold!

For the record I am the person that calls in people that I think are drunk drivers, and kids playing in the busy street. I am always thinking of the what ifs and it scares me to think of what could happen. It's a mean old world out there sometimes and if we don't look out for each other then who will? \

JMO

What a good person you are to be concerned about others! Now, what the he// were those people who witnessed this thinking? Did they think a lone person carrying a baby clad only in diapers, at that hour(s) of the night normal?? :maddening:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back