GUILTY Turkey - Sarai Sierra, 33, NY woman murdered, Istanbul, 21 Jan 2013 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we were discussing NY vs. Istanbul

I don't see where we trying to reach with murder rate comparison?

Some posters were comparing USA vs. Turkey crime rates earlier -- posts may have been deleted by mods. This was in follow-up to that.

Okay, those two places she was spotted with the business card man are only 1km apart. I'm thinking a street vendor...? It doesn't seem quite as strange now, I don't guess.

http://goo.gl/maps/w9LOU

I have never heard of a "professional" using a rock for a hit.

Hmm...Wonder what they mean by a "professional". Professional what? Professional rock-using-murderer? Professional hitman? Very ambiguous.

We are talking about different stats, lol

Try finding me some stats .. on crimes against young single female travellers ... NYC vs Istanbul ... or USA vs. Turkey :D

Could someone maybe be wanting to frame Taylan for murder? He was involved in drugs or some criminal element, some group wanted to get back at him, they followed him, murdered her, perhaps thinking she was girlfriend or something, and framed him?

That might explain some of these stories coming out today almost implying this was some sort of hit. I doubt she would have subjected herself to that, being only 12 days in a country...but maybe it was directed at someone she knew... Actually, that is another theory, could it have been a hit on someone's wife or girlfriend and she got mixed up in that? They killed her instead of someone else?

http://cncnws.com/blog/2013/02/08/man-denies-having-sex-with-murdered-new-york-mother-in-turkish-bar-toilet-and-claims-they-only-met-for-a-cup-of-tea/As well as being bludgeoned over the head, she had extensive trauma to her torso, her right hip area and bruises on her arms, suggesting a struggle.

Istanbul authorities say the area where the mother-of-two was murdered is a known rape black spot in a run down part of the city.

A Swedish tourist was raped at knife point in the same place in January 2007, and in March 2010 a Japanese girl suffered a chillingly similar attack to Sarai’s murder when she was bludgeoned about the head with a rock and raped, according to Turkish daily newspaper Takvim.

Another 24-year-old Turkish girl was attacked at knife point at the same spot but managed to fight off her attacker and flee to safety.

I think this is my most likely scenario too... But what about the DNA, which we assume that the killer's DNA is not a match (we have to assume the DNA here is not semen bc then they could not eliminate him)

Or do we assume Turkish press is wrong? Do we have definite and reliable confirmation he was cleared??

Even though the DNA did not match, I was under the impression this Taylan was MIT. From that operating standpoint, he would know how to conceal evidence and stage crimes. So I believe that's what he did after he murdered Sarai. He also had a week from the time she went missing to plant and stage the crime scene. And he would know where the surveillance cameras are situated.

Old news also i guess... but just in case:

-------

Sierra’s husband tells children, ‘Mom’s dead'

NEW YORK - Hürriyet Daily News

February/08/2013

Read more: http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/si...-dead.aspx?pageID=238&nid=40733&NewsCatID=341

I find this headline so disturbing..it is so cold! It is so sad to think there are two young children without their mom tonight. And some of the press out there is just horrible, I hope they will never go see that when they grow up...

From The DailyMail: (yes not 100% reliable) but interesting.

"Istanbul authorities say the area where the mother-of-two was murdered is a known rape black spot in a run down part of the city.

A Swedish tourist was raped at knife point in the same place in January 2007, and in March 2010 a Japanese girl suffered a chillingly similar attack to Sarai's murder when she was bludgeoned about the head with a rock and raped, according to Turkish daily newspaper Takvim.

Another 24-year-old Turkish girl was attacked at knife point at the same spot but managed to fight off her attacker and flee to safety.

Since those attacks, Turkish police have installed extra lighting and CCTV in the area in a clearly-failed attempt to make it safer."

LINK
Underlined by me ...

That's more like it!

That's what kind of stats i am more interested in .. crimes against single female travellers ... Not simply total crime or % .. country against country or city against city..

young single female travellers is what i am talking about.

http://cncnws.com/blog/2013/02/08/man-denies-having-sex-with-murdered-new-york-mother-in-turkish-bar-toilet-and-claims-they-only-met-for-a-cup-of-tea/As well as being bludgeoned over the head, she had extensive trauma to her torso, her right hip area and bruises on her arms, suggesting a struggle.

Istanbul authorities say the area where the mother-of-two was murdered is a known rape black spot in a run down part of the city.

A Swedish tourist was raped at knife point in the same place in January 2007, and in March 2010 a Japanese girl suffered a chillingly similar attack to Sarai’s murder when she was bludgeoned about the head with a rock and raped, according to Turkish daily newspaper Takvim.

Is it the same perp across all these cases? Did these surviving victims give composite sketches to the cops?

Even though the DNA did not match, I was under the impression this Taylan was MIT. From that operating standpoint, he would know how to conceal evidence and stage crimes. So I believe that's what he did after he murdered Sarai. He also had a week from the time she went missing to plant and stage the crime scene. And he would know where the surveillance cameras are situated.

I really don't think he's MIT. They have flat out denied this claim. What would be his motive for murder?

It would be very Turkish mentality, doing something terrible, but feeling remorse for the deed/sorry for the affected.

Re: the iPad, I don't have one, but know lots of people who do. They tell me that unless it's using a GSM network, it can't be located.

The chances of her paying for GSM roaming aren't likely as it'd be SO expensive for data. She didn't post many photos, so my guess is that she did so when she could get free Wi-Fi.

So our experience with travelling overseas with the iPad (admittedly not to turkey) is that it costs 25$ for 25 MB or something and it was totally worth it for us.

I was also impression that it is not the case there is no DNA evidence, rather they do have DNA evidence from killer but it just does not match...

If there were multiple cases of issues at this area, why would Taylan knowing she was headed there, not tell her no.

I do not think Taylan is involved in her death. I think he is a flirt online, and was probably excited that she was actually coming over, and that they did "get together" (no reason for him to admit to sex, unless it was true) and that was it.

Underlined by me ...

That's more like it!

That's what kind of stats i am more interested in .. crimes against single female travellers ... Not simply total crime or % .. country against country or city against city..

young single female travellers is what i am talking about.

Yeah, but I'm interested in the overall murder rate in the two countries too, not just a specific frequency rate. I'm concerned about safety issues in general with regards to homicide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kelc3769