GUILTY Turkey - Sarai Sierra, 33, NY woman murdered, Istanbul, 21 Jan 2013 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Daily Mail article specifies that LE is saying the body was DRAGGED from one place on the wall to the place she was found (100 m or about 328 ft).

That doesn't support the "white car" theory.

Unless she was killed in one place, driven to the first cave, taken out, and then dragged away from that cave to another cave. Perhaps in an attempt to hide her better, and/or because the second cave was inaccessible by car?

First of all in the news earlier its been stated a member of LE said he is not the main suspect. Just wanted to mention it.

Translation:

They have spoken to Ziya T's relatives.

His brother says: He is living unbalanced for the last 15 years. We don't believe this or we don;t want to believe. My sister sent her 100 lira and his other brother sent as well. We think he won't but police said they have some evidence. He doesn't live in a house. I rented one for him but he lives living on streets. We helped the police.He comes home once in 2-3 years. We dont know where he is. He doesn't use a phone. If he knew that police is looking for him he would surrender. I don't think he knows that they are looking for hum. I heard he came a week ago and told them that he is heading to Hatay. He wasn't in need, he had a job and salary but 3 years ago he left all of it.
He is naive he believes to everyone.

Her sister says. I am very sorry I don't believe he did this. Police came here and we helped them. I don't suspect him at all. When he was here last time we watched the news on tv together. He said "how could they do this? This is bad for Turkey. What would happen if they take her gadgets? Its stupid they cant even sell it or use it" He was very calm and normal while watching the news.

First of all in the news earlier its been stated a member of LE said he is not the main suspect. Just wanted to mention it.

Translation:

They have spoken to Ziya T's relatives.

His brother says: He is living unbalanced for the last 15 years. We don't believe this or we don;t want to believe. My sister sent her 100 lira and his other brother sent as well. We think he won't but police said they have some evidence. He doesn't live in a house. I rented one for him but he lives living on streets. We helped the police.He comes home once in 2-3 years. We dont know where he is. He doesn't use a phone. If he knew that police is looking for him he would surrender. I don't think he knows that they are looking for hum. I heard he came a week ago and told them that he is heading to Hatay. He wasn't in need, he had a job and salary but 3 years ago he left all of it.
He is naive he believes to everyone.

Her sister says. I am very sorry I don't believe he did this. Police came here and we helped them. I don't suspect him at all. When he was here last time we watched the news on tv together. He said "how could they do this? This is bad for Turkey. What would happen if they take her gadgets? Its stupid they cant even sell it or use it" He was very calm and normal while watching the news.

Thank you Lavy! If anyone is interested, I accidently posted the translator link.
This is the correct link: http://www.memurlar.net/haber/338258/
and another: http://www.haber7.com/guncel/haber/990117-sarainin-katil-zanlisina-ulasildi

''Its stupid they cant even sell it or use it"...interesting comment.

Just wondering what happened to the assumptions about Z being from the East of Turkey and his tribesmen.

He is from the East, if you locate the province he was born in on the map as relative to prosperous Western Turkey.

I was inclined towards southeast, but he turned out to be from Black Sea region. Laz people do have expanded families and tribalistic social structures.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Sounds like he has heard comments regarding such gadgets, but many posters say there is a black market in such things......? Or does he mean because they belonged to a murder victim?

And I'm just wondering what happened to the LE's assumption about Sarai's being murdered in a guy's home and being carried to the cave from there. Can the story change this drastically every single day??

We don't really know if LE assumed so, all we know is an eyewitness came forward and claimed to have seen a white car of a certain make and model and a male trying to drag something out of the car's trunk. Almost certainly, LE must have evaluated this report, but we don't know whether they are making all their bets on this. Logically, they wouldn't take it as an assumption.

''Its stupid they cant even sell it or use it"...interesting comment.

If what his family says is true, Z is very atypical.

And Hatay is on the Syrian border.

Hi Cmac2,

Actually as an Istanbulite I always believed that the homeless guys (we don't have many on the streets, just around places like these caves) and the trash collectors (those are a lot, we have them like for every district) were harmless. Trash collectors are like the illegal backbones of the recycling here, since we don't have an established system. Thanks to them a lot of used paper and bottles are returned back to either the factories that produce those or the intermediary people. I somehow feel respect to what they do and do not believe in the Ziya story.

Another thing is from what I've read a few days ago, an insider from LE told the press that they are sharing only 5% of the information with the public, so Ziya can be a side story to distract the public (and the real murderer) from the real murderer.

This is so true...a distraction to deflect so that there will be less media attention to others involved. Who even knows if the name, age ,and info on this guy is real...and why so much info released if supposedly the police were waiting for 2 weeks to release info? Info has been released in the past on this case and then later retracted as not true as well. VERY very strange.

Anyway, whatever,I still think the IG "friends" of SS were scam artists...whether they had anything to do with her murder may or may not be relevant.

Sounds like he has heard comments regarding such gadgets, but many posters say there is a black market in such things......? Or does he mean because they belonged to a murder victim?

Well he means generally. There is a black market and as far as I know there are some places to buy/sell these type (i mean stolen) gadgets very close to these area.

He is just a suspect now.

So my guess is:

Either he is hiding that he knows something -(or he did it).

Or

He simply doesn't know. Not everybody knows it.

There was some talk quite awhile back relating to Sarai not having a purse or leaving it behind or something.

Can one of the Turkish speakers help me out here? Is this supposed to be a video of Sarai and does it give a location?
Jan. 20. Video a little after midnight??? Cam 15, 1-20-00:16:52

www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuHPVy1MRFU

Some comments below the video seem to doubt it’s her. (Too fat, boot color, could be insignificant) But looks like she's in similar clothes as earlier that day in the mall.
I could be wrong, but she also doesn’t appear to have a purse/bag. Could she have maybe left the Ipad/bag somewhere else, IF it's her.

There was some talk quite awhile back relating to Sarai not having a purse or leaving it behind or something.

Can one of the Turkish speakers help me out here? Is this supposed to be a video of Sarai and does it give a location?

I could be wrong, but she also doesn’t appear to have a purse/bag. Could she have maybe left the Ipad/bag somewhere else, IF it's her.
Some comments below the video seem to doubt it’s her. Could be insignificant.

Does it look like she's in similar clothes as earlier that day in the mall?
Turkish police released security footage of Sarai Sierra's - YouTube

Some comments below the video seem to doubt it’s her. (Too fat, boot color, could be insignificant) But looks like she's in similar clothes as earlier that day in the mall.

Definitely doesn't look like her and the comments below say it's not her. The boots are different and top is much longer. http://abcnews.go.com/meta/search/imageDetail?format=plain&source=http://abcnews.go.com/images/International/ap_sarai_sierra_surveillance_nt_130129

I really do not think thats her. The walk is totally different as well as the body structure. Coincidentally, it does look like their attire resembles slightly. But this woman's shirt is way longer than SS's

Thank you KrysJP and New York625. I agree about the shirt also.

I'd hoped Lavy Tashim or Alpmighty could translate the Turkish text below the video to see if they are stating it 'is' or 'might' be her, but it looks like none are on the forum now.

I'm curious if the LE believed it was her when they released the video, (as she was still missing)

This video would have been taken a little after midnight the same day she was later seen at the mall.

Just trying to go back and start from square 1.

This was the first thing they released when it was reported that she is missing.

I can't tell if it is her or not. It is very close to where she is staying. And we know that she was out that night. She told the landlord she is going to buy food, Taylan said they went to a bar. We don't know the times though.

This was the first thing they released when it was reported that she is missing.

I can't tell if it is her or not. It is very close to where she is staying. And we know that she was out that night. She told the landlord she is going to buy food, Taylan said they went to a bar. We don't know the times though.

Thank you Lavy, I've decided to only go with quotes, visual images and ask you guys for translations....can't trust the English or google translations....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592