Two high schoolers die in AL bus crash

The newer designed school buses I believe are made to not be such a fire hazard. Perhaps gas tank in different place and more protected? In the past school buses are just an explosion waiting to happen.

As far as seat belts, I know the district my children were educated in had them. The kids had to wear their belts. They bought new and safe buses for the children. It's a shame that not all school districts can do this. School buses also topple over easily.

I was never thrilled with my children riding school buses, but luckily they hired good drivers and they usually go pretty slow. Good superintendents will look out for the safety of the children.

Our children should come first in this country, IMO.

They can't fight with their seatbelts if they're ON! I've never heard of that nonsense but mine didn't ride in high school. How bout that happens and the bus driver drops them by the side of the road.

The behavior might end. :)

Marthatex said:
They can't fight with their seatbelts if they're ON! I've never heard of that nonsense but mine didn't ride in high school. How bout that happens and the bus driver drops them by the side of the road.

The behavior might end. :)

Nowadays, Martha, the driver might well be sued for child endangerment.

Nova said:
Understood, Amraann, but those reasons make no sense. (Not your fault, of course.)

The same logic would justify removing the seats themselves. (So that the school won't be liable when kids push other kids into hard, metal seats. Something I remember happening a lot in my days on the bus.)

The same logic would justify removing seatbelts from cars.
I agree Nova and think these are nonsense excuses! It's just a big ticket item to retrofit all the busses and these are the excuses for not doing it. It's about money IMO.

Nova said:
Nowadays, Martha, the driver might well be sued for child endangerment.

Well lets just go back to the good whipping then; I'm not sure that was such a bad idea.

No I know; see I'm creative - hang a couple of those little TV screens or videogame things and if they're quiet and behaved they get to watch!

Just like they have in the big vans or SUVs now for kids to watch.

Hey maybe I should sell this idea!

My thoughts and heart goes out to all the families. They buried one of the girls today.

As a true testament of a wonderful town, even though Fred Phelps and his particular brand of looney tune hanger ons were there, they didn't disrupt and the local news refused to give them air time!! I heard two buses suddenly developed troubles right in front of that gang and they couldn't see or be seen.

I'm not sure when the other funerals for the remaining 3 children are, but bless them all.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back