Two Mideastern men caught

I hope they are confused & scared. Confused about how on earth those Americans busted them, & scared about going to an American prison, with American prisoners.

This, & the cheese story last week makes me think it is only a matter of time before we see more attacks here.

If the attacks do start to happen, I believe any form of Political correctness will go out the door.

Bomb Scare Suspects Laugh In Courtroom

Bond for Youssef Megahed was set at $300,000. The men's lawyer was surprised Megahed's bond was so high, saying he thought the judge would be more lenient given his client's family and educational ties to South Florida. But lack of ties to South Carolina, and the fact that police say they found several pipe bombs in their car, is what the state says makes both men a flight risk.

In a foreign language, Mohamed mumbled something under his breath as he walked out of the courtroom. For the 24-year-old, a stiffer bond, set at $500,000. This one did not surprise their lawyer. He says he knows Mohamed has only been in the country for six to seven months, and can understand the judge's reasoning.

If they do post bond, the judge has set restrictions. Each of the men will have to wear a satellite monitor, and should have no contact with their co-defendant. Not to mention, no access to weapons, and they will have to stay in South Carolina.

Their next court appearance is October 5th. If convicted of the charges, the men could face between 2 to 15 years in prison. Both Mohamed and Megahed are in the US legally and have no prior criminal record. Both are engineering students at the University of South Florida.

Video at link:
http://www.live5news.com/home/8958032.html

The grinning mug shots make me want to slap both of them.

I was gonna say, they can't be making fireworks, as fireworks are legal in South Carolina, they can be bought at gas stations and lots of places. 2 to 15 years doesn't seem like a long enough time for explosives. They should get at least 20. In Florida, offenders get 25 years for heroin; explosives they could potentially kill a lot of people. Thank god LE was on the ball with this one.

I was gonna say, they can't be making fireworks, as fireworks are legal in South Carolina, they can be bought at gas stations and lots of places. 2 to 15 years doesn't seem like a long enough time for explosives. They should get at least 20. In Florida, offenders get 25 years for heroin; explosives they could potentially kill a lot of people. Thank god LE was on the ball with this one.

I grew up in this area and still have a number of friends who live in Goose Creek where they were arrested. I did want to point out that while fireworks are legal in South Carolina, I've known plenty of boys in my day who like to make their own! Not saying that's what happened here....I truly don't know what happened here.....but it definitely happens.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back