Two month old killed by family lab

So the mom was too drugged out to hear the baby crying. What's grandma's excuse?

They should both be locked up, and someone should be investigating to find out why DFCS wasn't involved after LE has been to that house 3 times since May.

Everyone seems quick to hang this on the mom and grandma, but what about the Grandpa who put the baby in the swing? Why not put him down in the same room as mom or gram? There was probably a crib or baby bed in one of those bedrooms. How about a playpen? I see culpability all the way around. Yes, he's mom's responsibility, and she should be charged, and IF she was under the influence, they should throw the key away, but I still think this tragedy could have been avoided if the last person to touch this child hadn't left him alone.

Everyone seems quick to hang this on the mom and grandma, but what about the Grandpa who put the baby in the swing? Why not put him down in the same room as mom or gram? There was probably a crib or baby bed in one of those bedrooms. How about a playpen? I see culpability all the way around. Yes, he's mom's responsibility, and she should be charged, and IF she was under the influence, they should throw the key away, but I still think this tragedy could have been avoided if the last person to touch this child hadn't left him alone.

You make a good point and there's still a lot we don't know. Perhaps the Grandpa woke the Mom and thought she was getting up and then she passed back out. In the last article posted on this thread it says the mother states in her affidavit that she put the baby in the swing and went to get some sleep.

Here's the deal for me. What we do know was that this baby was eaten alive. That takes a while and is painful and there is going to be screaming and hollering. Something's definitely wrong when the two adults in that hosue didn't hear the screaming and hollering. I will not be surprised if drugs/alcohol turn out to be in play.

I guess because I do not know a man alive who would take that sort of initiative without being told to do so or having done it in the past with very specific instructions.

I cannot imagine my husband, father, FIL, brother, or any man I can think of waking up with the baby and just deciding to put the baby in the swing and leave without telling anyone. Either this was their habit (GF gets up for work, does first diaper/bottle duty, and puts baby in the swing) or someone asked him to do it.

Either way, he was probably just following orders. :chicken:

I'm in agreement with you heavenly. It's surprising how everyone blames the females, but the grandfather had a duty to tell them where he left the baby! I think he is to blame.:mad:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin
Back