TX - 10 year old boy confesses to murdering man 2 years ago - April 19, 2024

If he acted entirely on his own volition and impetus,
then i think that would mean he would be a psychopath,
in which case there aren't any therapies that can help him.
Maybe they could reduce his danger to society a little.

If he's a psychopath that will be a nightmare for other residents and staff.

If he's not a psychopath, its more more likely he will be further damaged in longterm juvenile detention or a longterm psychiatric home than helped.
That's why they closed most of those places, as we've been discussing in the Bondi thread.

If he's a psychopath that will be a nightmare for other residents and staff.

If he's not a psychopath, its more more likely he will be further damaged in longterm juvenile detention or a longterm psychiatric home than helped.
That's why they closed most of those places, as we've been discussing in the Bondi thread.
Yes, I've watched several documentaries on "those places." Positively horrifying!!

The case of the six-year-old shooting the teacher in Virginia did not go to jail. He got to go to a new school, live with this great grandfather, while his mother serves 2 years. Grandfather says he's doing great.
Moo

What else should happen with a 6-year-old like this? Prosecuting the mother/gun owner was absolutely correct, and putting him in the custody of a stable relative who actually cares about him is better than foster care or a group home. I assume he is required to attend therapy. IMO.

Oh wow.

My daughter is 6 and a half and the thought wouldn't even enter her head.

What has this child been exposed to I wonder?

Violent movies or video games, maybe? If a child sees examples of violence and also knows just where to find a gun, we couldn't rightly know the thought wouldn't cross their minds. They are children -- immature, impulsive, lacking true empathy until at least age 8 or 9. IMO.

What else should happen with a 6-year-old like this? Prosecuting the mother/gun owner was absolutel
Violent movies or video games, maybe? If a child sees examples of violence and also knows just where to find a gun, we couldn't rightly know the thought wouldn't cross their minds. They are children -- immature, impulsive, lacking true empathy until at least age 8 or 9. IMO.
It's so hard to comprehend this lack of empathy, of right and wrong, life and death. This child isn't 2, although he may be very developmental delayed. It frightens me that he volunteered the information in detail, like what he ate for breakfast. No reason, not anger or revenge, he just shot / killed him.
I can't imagine grandpa knowing and covering for him. I would be afraid in his presence. He was just a little boy, 7 years old. Now at 10 it seems he still doesn't get it. I truly hope and pray he gets the help he needs.

I can't imagine grandpa knowing and covering for him.

I can see it going either way. A caregiver in panic, not wanting to get in trouble for leaving a gun where a child can get it, and not wanting this following the child for life or the stigma following both of them for life. Convince yourself that it didn't happen or we can't change it now, pawn the gun, try not to think about it.

I can also see a caregiver in this situation calling 911 in shock after finding out.

Caregivers who discovered their child had murdered someone have done both.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiRi224
Back