TX - 11 children, some of whom had been tied to beds, removed from home in abuse case

Geez, Filly, you don't want much, eh?

The main thing I can figure out is that Tanda Smith is Weaver's mother and has custody of her 2 children, that Weaver lost for whatever reason. Two sisters and their children also live there and one is blamed by Weaver for the restraints on the children.

Tanda had some of her own children removed in the past. I think she is in the business of 'taking custody' of children and getting paid for it? Like the man in the article above?

Weaver also claims that they all don't live in the main house but also in 2 small houses in the back yard.

I figure she says the brother goes there 'like he's supposed to' because he gave this address to LE when he registered as an RSO and pretends he lives there.

The rest is up for grabs!

:tyou::hills:Good job, Reader.

Could this be a polygamist situation??

So thankful the children are out of there.

Some people are just incapable of making good choices :( Are these terrible cases escalating? Something seems to be reported daily that makes me want to :puke:

Every day when I logon to WS I see something sicker than the day before.

Hard to take sometimes, a world with so much evil.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/02/21/10469420-11-children-some-tied-to-beds-removed-from-texas-home

Douglas Waller said he saw nothing unusual at the home a few days before Christmas when he visited briefly with a 4-year-old girl who he believes is his daughter, the Houston Chronicle reported. The 33-year-old is petitioning the court for custody of the child.

bbm
he doesn't know???? :waitasec:

Maybe he has been recently named as the possible father (ala maury povitch who my baby daddy) but paternity tests have not been done. Perhaps he has petitioned for both.

Maybe he has been recently named as the possible father (ala maury povitch who my baby daddy) but paternity tests have not been done. Perhaps he has petitioned for both.

I know, but my head is about to explode trying to find ANYTHING in this case that makes sense :waitasec:

At the risk of sounding really snobbish, this house and yard do not live up to the squalor that I expected. Not even close. It makes me even more confused.

I keep thinking about all of those children in a 10x10 room. My 6 yr old son's bedroom is 10x10 and I feel like it's a little cramped just for him. I can't imagine cramming 10 more kids in there with him.

I am guessing there were no arrests made yet because the police can't figure out who to charge and are as confused as the rest of us? But still, even if they can't pin the abuse on anyone, what is stopping them from hitting every adult on that property with neglect charges? And what about the RSO?

It makes me wonder if there are bigger fish to fry and LE is hoping they can divide and conquer this mess of a family.

There are pics of precious newborn babies on Grandma's FB. They are so beautiful. And those babies were probably among the 11 they found in that house. Heartbreaking.

Or maybe there are just so many kids that they mixed them up... so he's pretty sure that specific child is his... but not 100% positive. :waitasec:

If it helps for comparison purposes, I'm in an 1800 sq foot, 2 story house, with three bedrooms, and a computer room that we had to convert into a bedroom...there's only 7 of us in my household and we are tripping over each other. I have no idea where we would put even one more person, let alone 14 more. Then you think that they only had one story and one bedroom for the kids. I'm betting none of the kids really owned anything, because there wouldn't be room for toys, and the neighbors said there were no toys outside.

I'm not surprised at the lack of squalor. Hard for kids to make a mess when they are tied to a bed several hours out of the day, MOO.
That worries me more than if the house had been destroyed...indicates the kids were probably restrained the majority of the time. To me anyway.

I know, but my head is about to explode trying to find ANYTHING in this case that makes sense :waitasec:

Right? It's a mish mosh mess of folks that unfortunately involves beautiful children.

Simply put a quick glance at the family on the FB shows everybody is related to everybody else and then some. Mind you I'm no Saint, but at some point people got to get their act together.

That house is way nicer than mine however I just had a friend over the other day with her toddler and my place was a mess. Kids play. They make a mess. I can't imagine tying kids up and then going about your business.

Where the heck is the grandpop with two last names?

Gramma enjoys the tv shows Law and Order, CSI, Criminal Minds and Cold Case.

??????

I don't know what to even say to that.

She enjoys her TV. Hey she may see herself on it.:innocent:

Opening up that family's FB pages was seriously a mistake holy cow - what a mess for sure! I hope those kids go far, far away from that "clan".

Well, well, well, this may explain the situation some...guess what is in town...Plane Henley Prison for Women!!!

oh, and can't have one without the other

for the male inmates, too

http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/unit_directory/hi.html

Hightower Prison for Men

How does that explain it at all? Seriously, just curious.

Dayton is a small town outside of Houston. It's really not that far from the busy suburbs of Houston - so it's not in the middle of the sticks, although you would think it is once inside the town. People who grew up in Dayton never leave. I have several friends who live there - Lyondel chemical plant is their main employer. So funny, about three years ago the town was all abuzz over a new Whataburger (may have been Burger King), coming to town, lol. I am going there tonight, in fact, to pick up my faux granddoll :) I'll take a drive by the home and report back.

I do know the men's and women's units are medium to low offenders and a sort of halfway house for transitioning offenders. There's actually a college/trade school - Lee - that a lot of the prisoners go to.

How does that explain it at all? Seriously, just curious.

Dayton is a small town outside of Houston. It's really not that far from the busy suburbs of Houston - so it's not in the middle of the sticks, although you would think it is once inside the town. People who grew up in Dayton never leave. I have several friends who live there - Lyondel chemical plant is their main employer. So funny, about three years ago the town was all abuzz over a new Whataburger (may have been Burger King), coming to town, lol. I am going there tonight, in fact, to pick up my faux granddoll :) I'll take a drive by the home and report back.

I do know the men's and women's units are medium to low offenders and a sort of halfway house for transitioning offenders. There's actually a college/trade school - Lee - that a lot of the prisoners go to.

That is why i posted it might explain some possibilities, as in relatives of inmates keeping inmates kids. Certainly have no clue. I have a ton of relatives of 3 genarations all around the Houston area and hadn,t ever heard of Dayton, so no offense meant towards the town.

School Of Tomorrow's curriculum

http://schooloftomorrowusa.com/

No mention of restraints.

Wow!. Thanks for the link, Filly. I just got a new eddycation.
Quote from the ad for the School of Tomorrow: "How to keep your kids from being left behind."
Yep. Hogtie them to their bunks so they can't leave. Sick, these people. I hope the authorities run DNA on all these innocent little ones. Also they need to run a check to find who is really paying to support these little ones in such a grand manner.

:furious:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back