TX - 2-Year-Old Boy 'Was Tortured', San Antonio, 2005

One of those videos says my kiddos and lists Johnathon, what a little sweetheart.

As usual, looks like the grandparents are playing with him and loving him- too bad the piece o c//p mother did not protect her children and put them ABOVE anyone else.

Lovejac- you are the best internet searcher, I may have to take a class from you!

Is there any way to write CPS there and let them know we are watching and that returning this boy to a mother about to give birth yet again would be a bad idea???

Sometimes I think we can put the pressure on out there by keeping an eye on things, like those of you who catch thos MySpace pages.

We can forward that info on to social workers, judges etc. so that they are NOT uninformed.

Thoughts?

WebSleuths Advocacy Group???

I am so confused-the child lives with her or she even has access to him?

Call me crazy, but I would think that her parental rights were terminated. That would be my assumption based on the accusations. Beyond that, shouldn't she be considered a sex offender given the type of injuries he had?

I gotta do a little digging here...

here is her Facebook, I believe:
http://www.facebook.com/people/Deserae-Dawn-Lassetter/1029866043

She took a plea deal in late 2008-she pled no contest to injury of a child by ommission which netted her 10 years probation. She had to testify against the big bad dude who tortured her son and caused permanent brain injuries as well as abdominal. I cannot find his sentence, but the prosecutor was going for life. Bout time.

It is what, 6-7 months later and she is busy on the social networking sites as if nothing happened?

This has to be the first time I ever wanted to friend someone to give them a piece of my mind. Which I won't do. But man.

I thought about "friending" her too.........but I will refrain because once I get started....

Yeah, she's on facebook like nothing ever happened, like she did not allow someone to TORTURE her child. Her own child that looks to her to protect him from.....the world. The profanity that goes through my mind on these cases.......

Yes - http://www.myspace.com/zachrysgirl - I was just googling the case to see if I could find out what became of the little boy, and what the result of the trial was.

This is outrageous if she was found guilty - does anyone know the verdict(s)?

EDIT: Found some answers to this... That'll learn me to read to the end of the thread.

I see many of us post that sex offenders should not be released, that that level of evil cannot be fixed. I do not understand why we allow these women to go on reproducing and making new victims. They haven't changed. They will attract and be attracted to the exact same type of predator. This goes so far beyond making a mistake about someones character and allowing them around your child. No one is psychic, but these situations take ongoing enabling, literally providing your child for the sacrifice.

I do Malamute rescue and we have handled a couple of neglect cases where the owner was given the option of facing charges in court or to "voluntarily" releasing the animal to our organization and never NEVER being allowed to have another animal while in their jurisdiction. They can't own one, their roommate can't have one. No animals period. And they check up on them periodically, and these are neglect charges not sadistic ritual abuse.

But abuse your kid, mess them up permantly and as long as we can get testimony against the big bad bully you get the abused one back and hey why not, have some more.

There is no excuse for allowing ongoing abuse of a child. I have a 15 month old son, and if someone tried something like this, I would claw the *advertiser censored*'s eyes out of I had to to protect my baby. Better yet, I'd just move away.

It is terrible that children, nonhuman-animals and the elderly are subject to so much horror.

Ridiculous! Toddlers fall out of bed and off sofas, etc, a lot - they are generally made of rubber. It takes intent and much more force than a simple fall to cause injuries like the ones this poor child sustained. :furious:

I can't understand how the mother didn't see anything leading up to this. I can't find anything that says how long the abuse went on, just the one article that explains the neighbor hearing the cries. It kills me to know the extent of the injuries the boy suffered and will continue to suffer from.

On the myspace, it seems like she's complaining about what she endured. WTH?

Do we know who has custody of the kids?

On the myspace, it seems like she's complaining about what she endured. WTH?

Do we know who has custody of the kids?

Yeah, she does complain a lot about what she has gone through, like some sort of hero or something. Clearly, a narcissist who sees her kids as mere accessories to herself. Talk-show culture leads to people reframing themselves as victims, even when they are people like this.

And I am not sure who has the kids permanently, but it is clear that she is able to spend a good deal of time with them. I actually have a gut feeling they are back in her care. Child welfare agencies are going a bit overboard with this whole "keep the family together at all costs" thing these days.

A head injury can be accidental. But what kind of accident causes a head injury and anal bruising at the same time???

In the court picture she looks like Melissa Huckaby.

here is her Facebook, I believe:
http://www.facebook.com/people/Deserae-Dawn-Lassetter/1029866043

She took a plea deal in late 2008-she pled no contest to injury of a child by ommission which netted her 10 years probation. She had to testify against the big bad dude who tortured her son and caused permanent brain injuries as well as abdominal. I cannot find his sentence, but the prosecutor was going for life. Bout time.

It is what, 6-7 months later and she is busy on the social networking sites as if nothing happened?

This has to be the first time I ever wanted to friend someone to give them a piece of my mind. Which I won't do. But man.

10 years probation??? THAT'S IT??? :furious::furious:

And how long will Jonathan have brain damage, longer than 10 years!!!

She should have been made to sign her rights over to a family member. If someone in my family had done something like this, I would have fought til my last breath to adopt the child.

Yeah, she does complain a lot about what she has gone through, like some sort of hero or something. Clearly, a narcissist who sees her kids as mere accessories to herself. Talk-show culture leads to people reframing themselves as victims, even when they are people like this.

And I am not sure who has the kids permanently, but it is clear that she is able to spend a good deal of time with them. I actually have a gut feeling they are back in her care. Child welfare agencies are going a bit overboard with this whole "keep the family together at all costs" thing these days.

A head injury can be accidental. But what kind of accident causes a head injury and anal bruising at the same time???

I don't know how to explain what I'm feeling very well, but while she's complaining about the abuse she suffered at the hands of her ex, my heart is breaking that her child was "tortured". That's how it was termed in the news article.

I feel so bad for thinking the way I do, but at what cost do you "keep the family together"? In a case like this, is there follow-up to check on the new baby that's going to be born?

I can't think of any accident that would explain the injuries this poor baby suffered from. It's not right, he's paying for his mom's poor choices and somehow she is the victim?

All the above is my opinion~ I apologize if I am too harsh.

This thing is pregnant? Did I read that correctly? That baby should be taken away from it immediately upon his/her birth. There is no way this thing should be allowed near a child ever again, much less be given the responsibility of caring for its own. There are two things that really get to me: animal abuse and child abuse. How anyone could hurt an innocent, helpless creature or child that relies on you for its survival is just beyond me. I used to think sterilization was a ridiculous solution that invaded the rights of people - after reading one too many of these abuse cases, I'm beginning to believe otherwise. This thing will just go on having more and more babies, and it will continue to abuse them. Throw it in jail and take away the kids. Any foster home would be better than them being in this thing's care.

OMG, read the "survey" she's got on her page. It's very telling about her priorities.

Your fears: getting my heart broke again
Thoughts first waking up: kissing my wonderful boyfriend
Things from my past I regret: falling for guys that treat me like crap

OMG, read the "survey" she's got on her page. It's very telling about her priorities.

Your fears: getting my heart broke again
Thoughts first waking up: kissing my wonderful boyfriend
Things from my past I regret: falling for guys that treat me like crap

Let's help her re-write this one:

Things from my past I regret: I regret the torture and permanent damage visited on my precious son on my watch to which I pled no contest and received 10 years probation.

Mods, I will remove the tag I added to the thread or please remove at will...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back