TX - Abigail “Abby” Young, Up for Parole on a Yearly Basis

Below is a Link to the raw video of the Victim Impact Statements made after Abigail Young was found guilty in July, 2010.

Ben Thompson, Emma's father, and Laurie Thompson, Emma's paternal grandmother made Victim Impact Statements. Very impressive statements especially by Laurie Thompson.

Laurie mentions Julie Ketterman and Colin Amann. They were Abigail Young's defense attorneys.

Margie Routt Young, Emma's maternal grandmother, testified for the Defense and for her daughter, Abigail Young. She did not make a Victim Impact Statement on behalf of precious Emma Thompson.

To this day, Routt Young still supports her daughter, Abigail Young. For your info, she did not testify in front of the Texas Legislature Corrections Committee regarding House Bill 431 (Emma's Law) but Laurie Thompson certainly did.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/video?id=7553650
KTRK - Houston, TX -- video posted 7/14/2010

Raw video: Emma Thompson victim impact statements
The father of Emma Thompson reacts after her mother was sentenced to 20 years in prison for injury to a child

~~~~~

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=7552449
KTRK - Houston, TX 7/14/2010

Mom gets 20 years in daughter's death

In 2009, Abigail Young, in the presence of her defense attorneys, did an exclusive interview with KHOU (CBS) - Houston, TX.

Because KHOU has upgraded their site, the interview video and article are no longer available. Many may have seen the interview in 2009.

Abigail Young made the interview about her (not a surprise). She came across as "poor me", "the hell I'm in", "how I feel", blah, blah, blah!

This is an article from KBTX (CBS) - Bryan, TX that is still available that briefly discusses the aforementioned.

http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/53085887.html
KBTX - Bryan, TX -- Posted: Wed 10:14 PM, Aug 12, 2009; Updated: Thu 4:56 PM, Aug 13, 2009

Nurse Charged in Child's Death Can't Describe "Hell I'm In"

The following are snipped from the article:

"My hope is that somehow God took care of her and that she didn't know what was happening to her," Young said.

“I want people to know my side, how I’m feeling,” said Young.

“Details have come out and it makes me feel so dirty that I was even with him,” she said. “It’s like I want to take a bleach bath, and I have, but I can’t seem to get myself clean enough.”

Investigators say statements Young made to police are inconsistent with Emma’s injuries. They say she initially told them Emma fell out of bed.

“It’s just adding insult to injury. There is no way in hell I would have ever done anything to hurt my child or allowed anybody to hurt my baby,” Young said.

“Jail? I don’t belong there,” said Young.

622x350.jpg

Photo By Melissa Phillip/Chronicle
Houston Chronicle - Houston, TX

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...d-s-death-in-Harris-1695835.php#photo-1219360
Houston Chronicle - Houston, TX -- 6/28/10

Mom goes to trial in 4-year-old's death in Harris County

Mom's trial revisiting tragedy of Emma
Jury will be selected to find out if nurse had a part in death

~~~~~~~~~~~

I say, "No parole for Abigail Young!"
<!-- e src/business/templates/hearst/article/headline_r1.tpl -->

52nvab.jpg

Picture provided to Houston media by Amanda Young Mathews, Emma's maternal aunt.

In 2009, Abigail Young, in the presence of her defense attorneys, did an exclusive interview with KHOU (CBS) - Houston, TX.

Because KHOU has upgraded their site, the interview video and article are no longer available. Many may have seen the interview in 2009.

Abigail Young made the interview about her (not a surprise). She came across as "poor me", "the hell I'm in", "how I feel", blah, blah, blah!

This is an article from KBTX (CBS) - Bryan, TX that is still available that briefly discusses the aforementioned.

http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/53085887.html
KBTX - Bryan, TX -- Posted: Wed 10:14 PM, Aug 12, 2009; Updated: Thu 4:56 PM, Aug 13, 2009

Nurse Charged in Child's Death Can't Describe "Hell I'm In"

The following are snipped from the article:

"My hope is that somehow God took care of her and that she didn't know what was happening to her," Young said.

&#8220;I want people to know my side, how I&#8217;m feeling,&#8221; said Young.

&#8220;Details have come out and it makes me feel so dirty that I was even with him,&#8221; she said. &#8220;It&#8217;s like I want to take a bleach bath, and I have, but I can&#8217;t seem to get myself clean enough.&#8221;

Investigators say statements Young made to police are inconsistent with Emma&#8217;s injuries. They say she initially told them Emma fell out of bed.

&#8220;It&#8217;s just adding insult to injury. There is no way in hell I would have ever done anything to hurt my child or allowed anybody to hurt my baby,&#8221; Young said.

&#8220;Jail? I don&#8217;t belong there,&#8221; said Young.

Ooh Ann I remember that interview. Made me madder than a hornet in a pickle jar! I was screaming at my computer "Right! You don't belong in jail, you belong in HELL!"
Ann if HB passes, do those who love Emma get a 5 year reprieve or does it not apply to Abigail since it was passed after her conviction?

I'm sorry if this seems a bit late or OT, but it's been bugging me since I first saw this case spotlighted on the front page and read about it.

Emma was taken to the doctor and found to have herpes, yet the mother said there were no adults in the home but her (or something to that effect). So ---- they let her take Emma back home? I mean, she got herpes from somewhere - she should've been removed immediately until a further investigation into the circumstances could take place.

I just don't understand why they let her go back home at that point.

Ooh Ann I remember that interview. Made me madder than a hornet in a pickle jar! I was screaming at my computer "Right! You don't belong in jail, you belong in HELL!"
Ann if HB passes, do those who love Emma get a 5 year reprieve or does it not apply to Abigail since it was passed after her conviction?
Mama-cita, I found this video (4/11/2012) that has a snippet of Abigail Young from that interview in 2009! lol . . . crocodile tears and all. It is about 1:06 into the interview.

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Young-murder-victims-mother-already-up-for-parole--147063345.html
KHOU - Houston, TX -- 4/11/2012

4-year-old murder victim's mother already up for parole
~~~~~

If HB431 passes it will not pertain to Abigail Young. In January (2013), Laurie Thompson said on Facebook they were hoping to get that changed though. HB431 will honor Emma Thompson and help families of future victims. Perhaps it will be changed prior to final passing.

Please see Laurie's comment below:

1/16/13 Laurie Thompson: Unfortunately, as written, the bill will become effective on September 1, 2013 and will not impact the parole consideration for Abigail Young. She will continue to be eligible for parole each and every year of her sentence. We are looking to see if this can be addressed before passage of the bill. I will keep you posted.

Source:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Justice-For-Emma-Thompson/203731323059815
Facebook: Justice For Emma Thompson
~~~~~

Snipped from HB 431 (Emma's Law)

SECTION 2. The change in law made by this Act applies only
to an offense committed on or after the effective date of this Act.
An offense committed before the effective date of this Act is
governed by the law in effect on the date the offense was committed,
and the former law is continued in effect for that purpose. For
purposes of this section, an offense was committed before the
effective date of this Act if any element of the offense occurred
before that date.

Source:

http://www.legis.state.tx.us/tlodocs/83R/billtext/html/HB00431I.htm
State of Texas Legis. - HB 431 - Introduced Version - Bill Text --
Texas State Representative Debbie Riddle

I'm sorry if this seems a bit late or OT, but it's been bugging me since I first saw this case spotlighted on the front page and read about it.

Emma was taken to the doctor and found to have herpes, yet the mother said there were no adults in the home but her (or something to that effect). So ---- they let her take Emma back home? I mean, she got herpes from somewhere - she should've been removed immediately until a further investigation into the circumstances could take place.

Hi, belimom!

If I have time tomorrow, perhaps I can detail some dates for you.

In the interim, this article from 2009 should explain a few things:

http://www.chron.com/neighborhood/s...-old-in-Spring-prompts-changes-at-1555576.php
Houston Chronicle - Houston, TX -- 8/25/2009

Death of 4-year-old in Spring prompts changes at CPS

Snipped:

Not removed from home

Emma's pediatrician first contacted CPS in early June after the doctor suspected blisters in the little girl's mouth and on her vagina were genital herpes. Subsequent tests proved the doctor right. But a physical exam at Texas Children's Hospital found no evidence of sexual abuse. And because the disease, in rare cases, can be transmitted in a non-sexual manner, Emma was not removed from her home.

As the investigator later told a judge, Emma shook her head “no” when asked if anyone had touched her inappropriately.

A CPS investigator told a judge last month that because the mother misled her and because Emma herself did not complain she had been abused, there was nothing she could do to remove her.

Three weeks later, Emma died after her sexually abused and battered body arrived at a Houston area emergency room. She had 80 bruises, a fractured skull.

Personally, I think it was bias. She is white and has a higher education and she was well respected in her profession. Not only was she a mandatory reporter, she was probably also very very familiar with what language to use toward social services I am certain. And, like many families who are the focus of a CPS investigation, she dodged them and had her children lie.

I am not defending them at all. This is part of the influence peddling I suspect in her case-I wish there was an intrepid reporter who was willing to unravel everything that ended up with her receiving such a pitiful set of charges when she came to trial. IMO she should have been charged the equivalent to Coe. She stood by the side of the road and let her child DIE.

Laurie Thompson, Emma's paternal grandmother, will be a guest on Tricia's True Crime Radio!

This should be a very interesting show. Please make sure to tune in:

Sunday, 5/12/13 at 8 p.m. EDT/ 7 p.m. CDT

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websle...as-true-crime-radio-sunday-night-8-pm-eastern
Blog Talk Radio - TRICIA'S TRUE CRIME RADIO SUNDAY NIGHT 8 PM EASTERN

WHAT IS JODI ARIAS UP TO NOW? SENTENCING PHASE DELAYED. WHY? HOPEFULLY KATIECOOLADY CAN HELP US FIGURE OUT THIS MESS.

EMMA THOMPSON WAS ONLY 4 YEARS OLD WHEN SHE DIED FROM SEXUAL ABUSE INJURIES SUFFERED AT THE HANDS OF HER MOTHER'S BOYFRIEND. EMMA'S MONSTER MOTHER STOOD BY AND DID NOTHING TO STOP THE ABUSE. SHE IS SERVING 20 YEARS BEHIND BARS. SHE HAS BARELY SERVED TWO YEARS AND SHE IS UP FOR PAROLE ALREADY. WE'LL BE TALKING WITH EMMA'S GRANDMA. BY THE TIME YOU HEAR THE WHOLE STORY YOU WILL NO DOUBT WANT TO HELP US KEEP THIS ANYTHING BUT A MOTHER ABIGAIL YOUNG BEHIND BARS FOR A LONG TIME

I posted the following on Emma ForJustiice facebook. This is the facebook page that Amanda Young Mathews, Emma's maternal aunt, set up last year in memory of her niece, Emma Thompson, to generate letters opposing parole for her sister, Abigail Young.
~~~~~

Laurie Thompson, Emma Thompson's paternal grandmother, will be a guest on Tricia's True Crime Radio this Sunday! It is a very well known and respected Internet radio show heard by many world-wide.

Tricia is also co-owner of Websleuths, a true crime forum, which is dedicated to seeking justice for the victims of crime and supporting their families. They are also dedicated to bringing awareness to the missing, cold cases, etc.

The Websleuths' membership is over 50,000 and the guests number in the thousands. They are a very strong and powerful true crime forum.

This should be a very interesting show. Please make sure to tune in.

We are hoping that Laurie Thompson's guest appearance on Tricia's True Crime Radio will generate many, many letters, from the world-wide audience, opposing parole for Abigail Young!

Laurie has done several interviews with the Houston TV stations and radio. She is an outstanding speaker and family spokesperson for the Thompson family on behalf of her granddaughter, Emma Thompson. (Please see Tricia's comment below)

EMMA THOMPSON WAS ONLY 4 YEARS OLD WHEN SHE DIED FROM SEXUAL ABUSE INJURIES SUFFERED AT THE HANDS OF HER MOTHER'S BOYFRIEND. EMMA'S MONSTER MOTHER STOOD BY AND DID NOTHING TO STOP THE ABUSE. SHE IS SERVING 20 YEARS BEHIND BARS. SHE HAS BARELY SERVED TWO YEARS AND SHE IS UP FOR PAROLE ALREADY. WE'LL BE TALKING WITH EMMA'S GRANDMA. BY THE TIME YOU HEAR THE WHOLE STORY YOU WILL NO DOUBT WANT TO HELP US KEEP THIS ANYTHING BUT A MOTHER ABIGAIL YOUNG BEHIND BARS FOR A LONG TIME.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websleuths/2013/05/13/tricias-true-crime-radio-sunday-night-8-pm-eastern

Source:

https://www.facebook.com/emma.forjustice
Facebook - Emma ForJustice

I posted the following on Justice For Emma Thompson facebook (page created by LCoastMom in March, 2012 in memory of Emma and to generate letters opposing parole for Abigail Young).
~~~~~

Laurie Thompson, Emma Thompson's paternal grandmother, will be a guest on Tricia's True Crime Radio this Sunday! It is a very well known and respected Internet radio show heard by many world-wide.

This should be a very interesting show. Please make sure to tune in.

Laurie has done several interviews with the Houston TV stations and radio. She is an outstanding speaker and family spokesperson for the Thompson family on behalf of her granddaughter, Emma Thompson. (Please see Tricia's comment below)

EMMA THOMPSON WAS ONLY 4 YEARS OLD WHEN SHE DIED FROM SEXUAL ABUSE INJURIES SUFFERED AT THE HANDS OF HER MOTHER'S BOYFRIEND. EMMA'S MONSTER MOTHER STOOD BY AND DID NOTHING TO STOP THE ABUSE. SHE IS SERVING 20 YEARS BEHIND BARS. SHE HAS BARELY SERVED TWO YEARS AND SHE IS UP FOR PAROLE ALREADY. WE'LL BE TALKING WITH EMMA'S GRANDMA. BY THE TIME YOU HEAR THE WHOLE STORY YOU WILL NO DOUBT WANT TO HELP US KEEP THIS ANYTHING BUT A MOTHER ABIGAIL YOUNG BEHIND BARS FOR A LONG TIME.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/<WBR>websleuths/2013/05/13/<WBR>tricias-true-crime-radio-sunday<WBR>-night-8-pm-eastern

Source:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Justice-For-Emma-Thompson/203731323059815
Facebook: Justice For Emma Thompson

She did more that not protect her child. She willingly allowed it to happen. I'm surprised that Texas allows a parole hearing every year. Florida makes these criminals wait years between parole hearings. Think I'll write the Texas legislature and governor and suggest they stop these yearly parole hearings.

A woman who would allow a man to do this to her daughter should never be free. She should be locked away until they carry her out in a pine box.

I wrote a letter, thought id share it here. This story breaks my heart, it reminds me of the Darisabel Baez case where the mother sat and allowed her boyfriend to beat her daughter to death. I started a Facebook page that now has thousands of members to raise awareness about child abuse.

Here is the letter I wrote:

Reference:*Young, Abigail
State ID:*08428403*
TDCJ ID:*01668233
Placed on Parole Review:4/30/13

My name is Jodie. Today is Mothers Day and I thought this would be a very fitting day to write this very important letter to you in order to persuade you to keep a monster of a woman-little Emma Thompson's mother Abigail Young behind bars. I am the mother of three beautiful children, my little girl is the same age as Emma Thompson who died at just 3 years of age when she was brutally, repeatedly and savagely raped and beaten by Abigail Young's boyfriend while this so-called "mother" stood by and did NOTHING to protect her baby girl from the vicious rapes and beatings that ended little 3 year old Emma's life.

Emma suffered unspeakable horrors during her short life in this world. Vicious beatings and rapes ultimately ended this poor little girls life. Can you imagine what this poor baby was thinking while being beaten and raped by an evil monster? I'm sure she cried out for her mother "Mommy help!!! Help me mommy!". Cries ignored by a mother who let those cries go ignored. A mother who turned her back on her suffering, broken baby and let her die. This is pure evil. Evil like this woman, Abigail Young should NEVER, EVER walk free again. It's bad enough that she got just 20 years for allowing her baby to be raped, beaten and murdered. We must not add insult to injury by allowing this vicious animal to walk free a minute before those 20 years are done.

Emma never got the chance to live her life. She never got to have a first day of school, to learn how to ride a bike, to make friends, to grow up, to have a career, to have fallen in love..she got nothing but the worst, most evil that you can imagine. As she died in her pure innocence she probably thought until her last breath that mommy would save her. Mommy never did. Mommy let her die. This precious baby died suffering in misery and pain. PLEASE, please keep Abigail Young locked up. To give this vile, evil creature parole would be justice denied to a sweet baby girl who died a horrible death because of this "mother". I trust that the Parole Board will do right by this little girl and DENY Abigail Young's parole. I pray you do the right thing and keep her locked up.

Respectfully,
Jodie

Sent from my iPad

I listened to Tricia's True Crime Radio Show tonight. I was not able to do the "Live Chat".

Guests: Laurie Thompson, Emma Thompson's paternal grandmother, and Andy Kahan - City of Houston, TX Crime Victims Director

It was an excellent and informative show. Laurie Thompson and Andy Kahan did a wonderful job of conveying information regarding Abigail Young and Emma Thompson. As usual, Tricia did a great job of interviewing the guests.

I hope this will generate many letters opposing parole for Abigail Young.
Andy Kahan discussed HB431 (Emma's Law). Per Andy, it will be retroactive. Awesome news!

If passed by the Senate and signed into law by Texas Governor Rick Perry, this bill will give the Texas Board of Pardons & Paroles the latitude to do a 5 year off-set versus an annual parole review per current Texas law.

If HB431 (Emma's Law) becomes law, then in 2014 Abigail Young may get a 5 year off-set by the TBPP. Just my opinion.

You can listen to Sunday's show here:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websle...as-true-crime-radio-sunday-night-8-pm-eastern
Blog Talk Radio - Tricia's True Crime Radio -- 5/12/13

Guests: Laurie Thompson, Emma Thompson's paternal grandmother, and Andy Kahan - City of Houston, TX Crime Victims Director

During Laurie Thompson's interview with Tricia Sunday night, Laurie mentioned the tribute to honor Emma Thompson and donations can be made to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in TN.

This is the Link:

http://fundraising.stjude.org/site/TR/Events/Tribute?pxfid=27121&fr_id=1341&pg=fund
Stjude.org --Emma Catherine Grace Thompson

Snipped:

Emma Catherine Grace Thompson

1341.1128993391.custom.jpg

Our Emma ...

On June 27, 2009,our precious Emma Catherine Grace died as a tragic victim of violent physical and sexual abuse. To honor her life and pay tribute to the preciousness of the lives of children everywhere, a memorial fund has been established in her name.

Tribute Acct # 24231963

We would like to thank everyone for their kindness and generosity.

622x350.jpg

Photo By Melissa Phillip/Chronicle
Houston Chronicle - Houston, TX

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...d-s-death-in-Harris-1695835.php#photo-1219360
Houston Chronicle - Houston, TX -- 6/28/10

Mom goes to trial in 4-year-old's death in Harris County

Mom's trial revisiting tragedy of Emma
Jury will be selected to find out if nurse had a part in death

~~~~~~~~~~~

I say, "No parole for Abigail Young!"
<!-- e src/business/templates/hearst/article/headline_r1.tpl -->

SO THIS IS WHAT THE FREAKIN DEVIL LOOKS LIKE!

I have never heard of this case but if anyone deserves the death penalty it is Abigal Young and her Coe. No excuses--you abuse a child and it results in death you get the death penalty!! Parole?? are they crazy? this is not a "mother" , how can a mother allow this ! I cannot even say what I would think fair to do to these 2 ANIMALS, but it would not be pretty and I would be banned from this forum.:stormingmad:

I hadn't heard of this case until I saw it featured at the top of the page.

I don't have time to fully catch up and I'm sick to my stomach from the little bit I did read. Awful. I do have one question - what exactly can we do to help? It seems there is something that we as WS'ers can do to help in advance of her parole hearing but I'm not clear on what that is. What can we do? How, and when? Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

This is what you can do to help! :seeya:

emmata.jpg

This was posted by Ann, I didn't "quote" because it changed the color of the text.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I spoke to a representative from the Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) Victim Services Division via phone this morning. She said that letters opposing Abigail Young's parole should be submitted no later than 5/30/13. . . . the sooner letters are submitted; the better!

Precious Emma Thompson was barely 4 years old when she was brutally raped and murdered by Lucas Coe, Abigail Young's then boyfriend. Abigail Young failed to protect her daughter, precious Emma Thompson.

You do NOT have to be a resident of Texas to write a letter opposing Abigail Young's parole. Any one from all over the world can write a letter to TBPP opposing Abigail Young's parole.

Protest letters regarding the parole of Abigail Young can be mailed, e-mailed or FAXed.

All letters MUST contain Young's pertinent Texas Department of Criminal Justice info (see blue hi-lite below). If you do NOT include Young's pertinent info, your letter will NOT be submitted to the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles - Abigail Young parole review.

Letters can me mailed, e-mailed or FAX and MUST include Abigail Young's pertinent TDCJ info:

Texas Dept. of Criminal Justice
Victim Services Division
8712 Shoal Creek Blvd., Ste. 265
Austin, TX 78757-6899

Email: victim.svc@tdcj.state.tx.us

Fax: (512) 452-0825

Reference: Young, Abigail
State ID: 08428403
TDCJ ID: 01668233
Placed on Parole Review: 4/30/13

(Note: I verified the above info with TDCJ this morning. All of the above is correct.)

Please, please write a letter opposing Abigail Young's parole. Thank you for your continued support of justice for precious Emma Thompson!

emmat2.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AMK
Back