GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling that tarp is going to have a lot of fingerprints on it ... I hope not though. It's going to be interesting to find out if the tape had fingerprints on it. If not, I think that will mean there's an experienced killer involved. Used items that likely had multiple prints on it and, if there are no prints (particularly on the tape) that means the killer is probably very organized and had gloves on and planning went into this abduction.

Somewhere there is a quote from s neighbor that says the mother was out searching. The mother said something like Alanna does this all of the time.

So, does that mean that she has been missing in the past and they have looked for her?

If so, where has she been?

Had she been being groomed?

I think things have changed and not only because of technology. There are really no empty spaces like there were when I was growing up. Both parents work so kids are in daycare,

But, I have seen parents waiting with kids at the school bus stop now for years. I never used to see that.

And kids Trick or Treating on their own? No way. Not where I live.

Of course, I see some children on their own, but it is a shock to me, not something I think is normal.

Somewhere there is a quote from s neighbor that says the mother was out searching. The mother said something like Alanna does this all of the time.

So, does that mean that she has been missing in the past and they have looked for her?

If I had a child as young as Alanna known to roam the streets at an early and young age ... I would have figured out a deterrent for her by now. I don't think the fact that the child apparently (according to the mother) has a habit of roaming alone unaccompanied is ACCEPTABLE. Did this child's siblings ever go outside and play with her? Were they aware of this child's habits as far as roaming the neighborhood? Did the other 2 children go out front to play?? Ever??

My very first thought was teenagers and she was possibly acquainted with or met recently? They left a belt on her? What size was it? The belt will probably identify him(Her killer)

I think Alanna's mom meant that it was normal for Alanna to not be back by a certain time because she was at someone's house.

I think things have changed and not only because of technology. There are really no empty spaces like there were when I was growing up. Both parents work so kids are in daycare,

But, I have seen parents waiting with kids at the school bus stop now for years. I never used to see that.

Of course, I see some children on their own, but it is a shock to me, not something I think is normal.

When I would practice driving, I would drive around a lot of different neighborhoods. This would be around 7-8 PM, but during the summer so it's still light out. I drove on so many different streets...I never saw children outside.

Strangers definitely say hi around here and are pretty courteous / polite in general so that staredown situation would set off my hinky meter, too! It took a while to get used to the extroverted type culture here because where I come from, people arent quite so outgoing and chatty with strangers.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

It definitely common in saginaw. Heck even our cops wave at you! :)

People concerned about the safety of the world might be interested in
The Better Angels of Our Nature: Why Violence Has Declined, by Steven Pinker (The Better Angels of Our Nature: Why Violence Has Declined: Steven Pinker, Arthur Morey: 9781455883110: Amazon.com: [email]Books). Quite a different perspective on things.

It's odd that as the world becomes safer, people perceive more threat.

Thanks, this sounds pretty interesting. I'm guessing some themes will be 24 hour cable news, followed by Internet, combined with humans' natural inability to evaluate things like risk rationally.

I am from New Jersey. It is definitely not normal to wave at people you don't know here. I remember when I was a kid, I would wave at people in other cars. A lot of them didn't wave back.

If I had a child as young as Alanna known to roam the streets at an early and young age ... I would have figured out a deterrent for her by now. I don't think the fact that the child apparently (according to the mother) has a habit of roaming alone unaccompanied is ACCEPTABLE. Did this child's siblings ever go outside and play with her? Were they aware of this child's habits as far as roaming the neighborhood? Did the other 2 children go out front to play?? Ever??

I'm not sure what you mean. Acceptable by whom? Are you saying the parents should face consequences? Consequences worse than their daughter being dead?

Sorry if I'm coming across somewhat harsh here--I'm not a parent and I am always somewhat taken aback at the willingness of other parents to second-guess and crucify the parents of dead kids. Happened with JR's mom too. Where is the empathy?

O/T one of our favorite family pastimes is taking a break during our bike rides and waving at cars from the walking bridge over the interstate, doing that semi-truck-honking thing with our arms to get people to honk and wave. Little moments :)

Maybe LE is not warning the public because they don't want the person they are looking into to flee? Nor do they want this person to get a lawyer. They also might not want to tell the public that yes, a predator kidnapped this little girl, and we are looking for a red truck, because someone might do vigilante justice against anyone deemed creepy who owns a red truck. They might think that a child being found dead in the street would be enough to keep parents more watchful of their children? Or maybe they know who it is...and they are tracking him, so they can watch to make sure he doesn't try to abduct a child again?

People concerned about the safety of the world might be interested in
The Better Angels of Our Nature: Why Violence Has Declined, by Steven Pinker (The Better Angels of Our Nature: Why Violence Has Declined: Steven Pinker, Arthur Morey: 9781455883110: Amazon.com: Books). Quite a different perspective on things.

It's odd that as the world becomes safer, people perceive more threat.

Have not read the book, but sounds uplifting. Of course, our weapons kill in a more clinical, detached fashion now. Hard to kill as many people with a rock.

Anyway, since a lot of us on here seem to have been personally close to a horrific crime, maybe that is why there are the fears expressed here.

Jaycee was another one that had to scare a ton of us out there. Or Elizabeth Smart or Polly Klaas. People minding their own business in safe surroundings.

To me, it seems like the child killings have gone way up. But maybe I am wrong

Just bringing this up from the previous thread.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1373168770.375876.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1373168770.375876.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 56
While some perceive the world as a safer place I believe that most parents have realized the importance of watching their children, nieces, nephews and even our elderly more closely. We have realize that they can be preyed upon the moment we turn our backs.

So for me it may be safer because of my need to pay closer attention to details. Also LE is getting better at catching creeps. If our justice system would let us keep the creeps incarcerated forever... That would be wonderful. If we don't pay attention to all going on and maintain safety for our children then this crap happens and I personally HATE it. Imo

I'm not sure what you mean. Acceptable by whom? Are you saying the parents should face consequences? Consequences worse than their daughter being dead?

Sorry if I'm coming across somewhat harsh here--I'm not a parent and I am always somewhat taken aback at the willingness of other parents to second-guess and crucify the parents of dead kids. Happened with JR's mom too. Where is the empathy?
In no way am I insinuating the parents should pay consequences BUT ... letting a barely six-year old roam the neighborhood unchecked and without older siblings around I think is absolutely ridiculous and asking for trouble. I'm sure this isn't the 'politically correct' thing to say BUT ... I think it's the epitome of irresponsibility to let a child that young be allowed that kind of freedom??? It's ridiculous.

Have not read the book, but sounds uplifting. Of course, our weapons kill in a more clinical, detached fashion now. Hard to kill as many people with a rock.

Anyway, since a lot of us on here seem to have been personally close to a horrific crime, maybe that is why there are the fears expressed here.

Jaycee was another one that had to scare a ton of us out there. Or Elizabeth Smart or Polly Klaas. People minding their own business in safe surroundings.

To me, it seems like the child killings have gone way up. But maybe I am wrong

I think WS makes us much more aware of these cases. Prior to joining, we probably only heard about cases that got massive national coverage, cases that were so big that they are still referenced 10+ years later.

Our neighborhood is full of kids playing in the street year-round. Typically unsupervised. I am one of two parents on the street that is ALWAYS out there with my kid. Even in light of recent events, young kids on my street are playing unsupervised and I just shake my head and thank God I'm out there making sure they're not suffering the same fate as Alanna at that moment. I just don't get people. I can be kind of a helicopter parent about some things, but even if I were more of a free-range parent, living in this neighborhood, a child is dead, and nobody has been arrested....and you're still letting your 5 & 6 year olds roam the neighborhood like nothing happened? Oh, I try so hard not to pass judgment but I will never understand this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea