GUILTY TX - Alijah Mullis, 3 mos, stomped to death, Galveston, 29 Jan 2008

why did he even have the baby with him in the first place? and what kind of "errand" was he supposed to be running? i really think that his intent was to kill this poor baby - that was the "errand" that he was running. he figured he was about to get busted for attempting to molest the homeowners child and his ticket was about to get punched... i wonder if the molestation of the homeowners child was really only attempted? sickening, he should be put to death for what he did to his own baby - how could he not know that stomping on the infants skull "until it gave way" wouldnt for sure kill the child??? imo his intent was formed each time he chose to stomp on the infant... this makes me really angry...

Nellie, my post above is about his own infant son

As for the duaghter of the people they lived with, he took her out of her bed in the middle of the night and took her outside and tried to molest her.. I do know he brought her back becsuse she became upset or something.. uGHH its been so long the details are hazy....

why did he even have the baby with him in the first place? and what kind of "errand" was he supposed to be running? i really think that his intent was to kill this poor baby - that was the "errand" that he was running. he figured he was about to get busted for attempting to molest the homeowners child and his ticket was about to get punched... i wonder if the molestation of the homeowners child was really only attempted? sickening, he should be put to death for what he did to his own baby - how could he not know that stomping on the infants skull "until it gave way" wouldnt for sure kill the child??? imo his intent was formed each time he chose to stomp on the infant... this makes me really angry...

Nellie in his confession he said it went down like this: The couple meaning Mullis and his girl lived in the trailer with another couple. They were allowing them to live there. At 2:00AM he said that girlfriend sent him to the store with $20.00 for ciggies and food. At that time he took the poor little girl from her bed and made her go with him. I know, right?

He claims after the store he took the child to a playground/basketball court and told her to remove her pants. She got upset. Well yeah you're a full grown man ya creep. He said he then knew it was wrong and apologized and took her home.

Once home he tells girlfriend and an argument insues. Should they tell the child's mom? No, she'll throw them out. He then said he lies to girlfriend saying he had stocks. Showed her phony stuff on the computer. Stocks?

He then said he had to go get the paperwork for the stocks. She thinks he's not going to come back and she wants to go. He says no. So what does she do? Makes him take the baby of course. I guess she figures he won't take the baby if he leaves. Instead he murdered his son.

Wow. It's pretty difficult to stun a Philadelphia Detective. However Mullis did just that.

In court the Detective said Mullis told him "These are the shoes I was wearing when I stomped my sons head in". The Detective was also stunned when Mullis referred to his son as "it".

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7464523.html

What he meant

Defense attorney Robert Loper told jurors that although his client might have told police that he intended to kill his son, he was a 21-year-old being questioned by veteran police officers. He was so willing to cooperate and tell his story that he told officers what they wanted to hear, Loper said.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7461304.html

How do defense attorneys sleep at night? I get it, truly I do, everyone accused of a crime deserves the best defense available - right up until they confess willingly and without duress. It's not like these "veteran police officers" (ie; big men with big guns) went looking for Mullis.

RIP Baby Alijah, you deserved so much better.

peeples, yes the mom. He came up here looking for his dad who supposedly lived in Baltimore I think. How he wound up in Philly I have no idea. The mom came up here and put herself in Bellevue. I can't find what happened to her.

No update on the trial from today yet.

Kohberger was arrested in connection to her son’s death in Brazoria County on a charge of endangering a child. The charge remains pending.

Authorities allege she sent Alijah off with Mullis the morning of his death, knowing the defendant was volatile and potentially violent.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7461304.html

According to Baby Alijah's maternal gmother, Caren lives in Stamford, Conn., where she works in the retail field, is enrolled in college and is doing well.

Horrible, horrible, horrible. It is very obvious what his intent was. I am sure the jury will see that. I, too, wonder how some defense attorneys sleep at night. This is one case, as the defense atty, I would have recommended to my client to plead out. I don't know enough about this one to know if they tried, maybe the state wouldn't buy it. He deserves the death penalty, and I am not usually a death penalty proponent. Although, the DP might be too easy on this guy. Just horrible.

GUILTY!!

GALVESTON — A Galveston County jury took about an hour today to convict Travis James Mullis of capital murder for stomping his 3-month-old son to death more than two years ago.

Mullis, 24, sat with his hand over his mouth as he has for the entire five-day trial, betraying no emotion.

The defense asked that the jury be polled, and the judge asked each juror individually whether they agreed with the guilty verdict. All said yes.

Defense attorney Robert Loper argued that Mullis never intended to kill his son, Alijah Mullis, but only wanted to make him stop crying.

"They were setting the wheels of justice in motion to kill him," defense attorney Gerald Bourque said as he urged jurors to convict Mullis, 24, of injury to a child rather than capital murder.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7467876.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+houstonchronicle%2Fmetro+%28chron.com+-+Houston+%26+Texas%29

I wish we could thank this jury for sitting thru those horrific pictures and an emotionless parent.

Justice for Baby Alijah

According to Baby Alijah's maternal gmother, Caren lives in Stamford, Conn., where she works in the retail field, is enrolled in college and is doing well.

That's swell. That'll look good when she goes to court. Doing well alrightie.

http://www.chron.com/news/article/Father-who-killed-3-month-old-son-wants-execution-3509522.php

The Texas Court of Criminal Appeals has upheld a Galveston judge's decision that allows a convicted killer to refuse legal help and waive appeals of his death sentence for killing his 3-month-old son in 2008.

Good! While I'm not a proponent of the death penalty, I'm happy to read the tax payers of Galveston won't have to continue to pay for this person's appeals. :jail:

TEXAS DEATH ROW INMATE WHO STOMPED BABY'S HEAD ASKS FOR EXECUTION

"...Travis Mullis, 31, was convicted and sent to death row in 2011 for the death of his son, Alijah.

In his motion, Mullis asked to fire his attorneys.

"I support my death sentence and want it carried out ASAP," he told the Chronicle in a letter earlier this year. "I was sentenced to death, not indefinite detention."..."

Texas death row inmate who stomped baby's head asks for execution | Atlanta: News, Weather and Traffic

images

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix
Back