GUILTY TX - Amanda Anderson, 19, murdered, New Chapel Hill, 15 Sept 2010

wth went wrong in this family

my god, I feel horrible for the parents but that was a lot of hate - 4 times in the head - can't believe there wasn't something brewing for quite some time between siblings esp. in light of the text message that Amanda sent

From easttexas link above:
A national blood spatter expert visited Smith County and helped investigators come to a conclusion: Nate Anderson was in the room when the shooting occurred, or Nate fired the fatal shots himself.

How's the defense going to explain this one???

Another piece of evidence, a notebook. In it, Bingham said another boy wrote a note to Nathan saying, "I love you." The note continued asking Anderson if he could come over. Anderson replied, "yes and we'll be alone." The boy wrote back, "Oh yea baby. You, me and dirty movies."

this is from the link that Joe Jones posted above...

http://www.cbs19.tv/story/14845516/new-chapel-hill-teen-to-be-tried-as-an-adult

Maybe Amanda found out about the boys and Nate wanted to make sure she never told???

If that is what the motive was; how insanely sad...

Either way, if it was getting caught with *advertiser censored* or liking another boy, how terrified must this boy have been of his parents finding out that the killing of his siter becomes a "solution"?

If that is what the motive was; how insanely sad...

Either way, if it was getting caught with *advertiser censored* or liking another boy, how terrified must this boy have been of his parents finding out that the killing of his siter becomes a "solution"?

Agree that it appears to me the brother was afraid that his sister would tell his parents about his having *advertiser censored* on his computer and his relationship with the other boy...it will be very interesting to follow this trial and see the other evidence LE/DA has.

[I previously thought this was 8 shots, thanks for the correction pdxmama.] This was a very vicious, personal crime, not just someone breaking into the home IMO:

Quote: It was later determined by autopsy that Amanda had four gunshots wounds to the head, two in the back, one on the side and one on the front.

The parents and other family seem to be in denial about the whole situation; I really feel sorry for them if he is found to be guilty...their entire world will have fallen apart.

One thing in the article above quoting the parents I wondered about, was their statement that an unknown car had been parked in the driveway shortly before the murder. What did the brother have to say about that and was it determined this was true and who the car belonged to...his friend from the notebook? Maybe he did come over and the sister found out what they were doing?

LE said the garage door was unlocked, even tho it appeared to be forced open, and there was no evidence anything was missing from the house...it appears to me someone tried to make it look like a break in.

Agree that it appears to me the brother was afraid that his sister would tell his parents about his having *advertiser censored* on his computer and his relationship with the other boy...it will be very interesting to follow this trial and see the other evidence LE/DA has.

I noted from the arrest warrant above that there were actually 8 shots fired into his sister, so a very vicious, personal crime, not just someone breaking into the home IMO:

Quote: It was later determined by autopsy that Amanda had four gunshots wounds to the head, two in the back, one on the side and one on the front.

The parents and other family seem to be in denial about the whole situation; I really feel sorry for them if he is found to be guilty...their entire world will have fallen apart.

One thing in the article above quoting the parents I wondered about, was their statement that an unknown car had been parked in the driveway shortly before the murder. What did the brother have to say about that and was it determined this was true and who the car belonged to...his friend from the notebook? Maybe he did come over and the sister found out what they were doing?

LE said the garage door was unlocked, even tho it appeared to be forced open, and there was no evidence anything was missing from the house...it appears to me someone tried to make it look like a break in.

Hi Reader,

I took that quote to mean that of the 4 gunshots to the head, 2 were in the back of the head, one was in the front and one was in the side of the head.

I agree that the family is in denial and I feel terrible for them, also. What an absolute nightmare.

Hi Reader,

I took that quote to mean that of the 4 gunshots to the head, 2 were in the back of the head, one was in the front and one was in the side of the head.

I agree that the family is in denial and I feel terrible for them, also. What an absolute nightmare.

Thanks for the correction, pdxmama!...I edited my post...

This is truly horrible. Too bad they didn't test Nathan's hands for gunpowder residue when they took his clothing. Guess they couldn't do that because he is a minor and they would have needed a search warrant. It would have been a real help for his parents in coming to grips with this tragedy.

I'd like to hear more about the car that was said to have been parked in the driveway.

What could have happened in those short minutes from the dad talking to Amanda and Nathan reporting her shot?

Reader, Very good questions you posed:

"One thing in the article above quoting the parents I wondered about, was their statement that an unknown car had been parked in the driveway shortly before the murder. What did the brother have to say about that and was it determined this was true and who the car belonged to...his friend from the notebook? Maybe he did come over and the sister found out what they were doing?"

That sounds quite plausible. Who actually saw the car?

Only thing I could think of was that perhaps Nathan wanted to go and drive the car, and Amanda refused.

Whatever brought it about, it sure was fast and furious. Apparently Amanda wasn't upset or angry when her father called.

has there been any statement from him about why he did it,

Wow I can't believe it's been 7 years since this happened. Was a motive ever determined?

I was just looking this one up, after all this time. I still haven’t seen anything that ties to a possible motive... I’m willing to bet there is something the family views as particularly scandalous in that sealed psych evaluation...

I was just looking this one up, after all this time. I still haven’t seen anything that ties to a possible motive... I’m willing to bet there is something the family views as particularly scandalous in that sealed psych evaluation...
I just watched the Lone Star Justice episode about this, hard to believe there is still no motive revealed. Seems there ought to be a motive considering he's already eligible for parole next year.
Definitely makes one wonder.

'Lone Star Justice' true crime drama featuring former Smith County Sheriff JB Smith, detectives to air Wednesday on Investigation Discovery

So this is all I've found so far. All I can say is, it must have been bad for them not to reveal what it was.
Murder of Amanda Anderson by her brother Mark “Nate” Anderson spotlighted
Authorities would not give a motive for the murder of Amanda. Nate’s attorney, Matt Bingham, would only state that he is “not going to go into specific conversations I’ve had with Nate or anyone on our team, but we know what happened and I’m going to leave it at that.”

He is out and living with his parents in Brazoria County, Texas.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin
Back