TX TX - Amber Crum, 2, Dallas, 26 Dec 1983

Interesting article on David Penton. Although he would have likely preferred a 4 year old or older victim. Child predators are opportunists and may vary their victim's age range, imo.
A lion prefers a gazelle as prey, but will settle for a small bird if hungry enough...

http://www.au-troisieme-oeil.com/index.php?page=actu&type=skr&news=11383 08/2005

" An agreement with prosecutors ended the possibility of a death sentence for a Marion prison inmate charged with killing three girls in Texas.
This Texas murder trial was the third trial involving a death for Penton. A former soldier at Fort Hood, Texas, he pleaded guilty in 1985 to manslaughter in the death of his 1-month-old son. He appealed his sentence and fled after posting bond.

Interesting article on David Penton. Although he would have likely preferred a 4 year old or older victim. Child predators are opportunists and may vary their victim's age range, imo.
A lion prefers a gazelle as prey, but will settle for a small bird if hungry enough...

http://www.au-troisieme-oeil.com/index.php?page=actu&type=skr&news=11383 08/2005

" An agreement with prosecutors ended the possibility of a death sentence for a Marion prison inmate charged with killing three girls in Texas.
This Texas murder trial was the third trial involving a death for Penton. A former soldier at Fort Hood, Texas, he pleaded guilty in 1985 to manslaughter in the death of his 1-month-old son. He appealed his sentence and fled after posting bond.

Ugh! Why? :tantrum: :banghead: Thanks for the link Foxfire. I will never understand, just eternally grateful that he was caught.

I'm the aunt of Amber nichole Crum.I started a Facebook page for Amber.it called justice for Amber nichole Crum.I have posted newspaper articles

I'm the aunt of Amber nichole Crum.I started a Facebook page for Amber.it called justice for Amber nichole Crum.I have posted newspaper articles

tmelton, I'm so sorry about your neice. This must be so very difficult for you and your family. Is there anything new on her case?

There was a girl in Texas that the Dallas FBI did a DNA on a few months back. It turned out not to be Amber.

According to the fb page, Amber's mother's boyfriend was arrested and charged with Amber's murder in 1983, but Amber's mother later recanted her story and the charges were dropped due to lack of other evidence. His name is James Monroe / James Britton Monroe / Britt Monroe.
They have copies of MSM articles on the page confirming this, and the person updating the page wrote in 2013 that the charges were still available to view on http://dallascounty.org/

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...67417902892.-2207520000.1455964578.&source=42

The mother said that James Monroe put Amber to bed on the 25th December. She.said she went to kiss her daughter goodnight an hour later and noticed that the girl's eyes were open but did not blink, and the Amber felt "chilled". She said in a sworn statement that she went to bed thinking Amber was dead. But then during a two-day hearing she contradicted this and said that Amber was chilled, but nonetheless she went to bed thinking Amber was still alive. Because of this, the charges against James "Britt" Monroe were dropped. James Monroe maintained that Amber was abducted from the car on the 26th December after he left her alone in the car for 2 - 5 minutes. A search of the area, which included police dogs and helicopters, found nothing.

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...67417902892.-2207520000.1455965202.&source=42

LE said they believed Amber was killed and her body taken away on Christmas day.

Amber's grandparents hired a private investigator soon after Amber's disappearance.
LE credited the PI for working diligently on the case and obtaining useful information for them.

LE said they could not complete a polygraph on Monroe because he attempted to interfere with the results by purposefully altering his breathing patterns during the examination.

Police said they believed drugs played a part in Amber's disappearance, but would not say how.

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...67417902892.-2207520000.1455965202.&source=42

1024x1024.jpg

Missing Since: Dec 26, 1983

Missing From: Dallas, TX

Amber was last seen at 9:45 a.m. on December 26, 1983 in her mother's boyfriend's pickup truck in front of McDonald's Grocery. The boyfriend left Amber in the car while he went to do an errand and when he returned, Amber was gone. She has pierced ears.

http://www.chron.com/neighborhood/f...for-missing-teenage-7395614.php#photo-8339634

How is there any doubt? The boyfriend killed her and her idiot mother should be charged as an accessory. I feel so angry at the loss of these precious children and the blind eye, justice turns towards their neglectful, evil parents.

This case is solved. There was just no justice served for pretty little Amber, God rest her soul.

ACrum.jpg
ACrum1.jpg

Right: Age-progressed to age 27 (circa 2009)

Amber Nicole Crum
Missing since December 26, 1983 from Dallas, Dallas County, Texas.
Classification: Non-Family Abduction

Vital Statistics
    • Date Of Birth: September 25, 1981
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 2 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 2'4"; 25 pounds
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; blue eyes. Crum has pierced ears.
    • Clothing: Blue long sleeve shirt, cowboy warmer, ple coat, blue jeans, and brown shoes

Circumstances of Disappearance
Crum was last seen on December 26, 1983 in Dallas, Texas. She was sitting inside of her mother's boyfriend's pickup truck outside of McDonald's Grocery at approximately 09:45. Her mother's boyfriend went inside the store for a few moments to run an errand; when he returned, Crum had disappeared.

The boyfriend was charged in the case, but the charges were dropped.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning Crum's whereabouts, please contact:
Dallas Police Department
Missing Person Squad
214-671-4316

You may remain anonymous when submitting information to any agency.

Local Case Number: 594235P
NamUs MP#2926
Doe Network file 280DFTX
NCMEC #: NCMC600887
NCIC Number: M-424503929

Please refer to these numbers when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information: The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children
TXDPS
Doe Network

How is there any doubt? The boyfriend killed her and her idiot mother should be charged as an accessory. I feel so angry at the loss of these precious children and the blind eye, justice turns towards their neglectful, evil parents.

This case is solved. There was just no justice served for pretty little Amber, God rest her soul.
Not necessarily. We need more proof to know that Amber’s moms bf was the culprit. It’s still possible Amber was indeed taken by Penton.

Not necessarily. We need more proof to know that Amber’s moms bf was the culprit. It’s still possible Amber was indeed taken by Penton.

I agree that Penton is still worth looking at. I was abducted in 1982 by a man matching Penton’s description. Based on my experience I think it’s possible he took toddlers to remote or wooded areas and abandoned them there if he didn’t kill them outright.

I agree that Penton is still worth looking at. I was abducted in 1982 by a man matching Penton’s description. Based on my experience I think it’s possible he took toddlers to remote or wooded areas and abandoned them there if he didn’t kill them outright.
I’m so sorry that this happened to you. Penton can deny all he wants, but he still kidnapped and murdered many children. I believe he got Amber and Ara Johnson as well.

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/fort-worth/article261374552.html

Vanished: 10 of the oldest unsolved missing children cases in Fort Worth and Dallas

More than 350 children from Texas are considered missing, with kidnappings and disappearances going back to the 1950s, according to the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children.

These 10 children from Fort Worth, Dallas, Arlington and Grand Prairie are among the oldest unsolved disappearances. They each vanished more than 20 years ago.

If you have any information about any of these cases, call 911 or the 24-hour tip line: 800-843-5678. You can also report suspected abuse and other information at missingkids.org.

AMBER NICHOLE CRUM​

1674769943373.png

Missing since Dec. 26, 1983
Dallas
Born: Sep 25, 1981
Age now: 40
Race: White

Amber’s photo is shown age-progressed to 35 years. She was last seen at 9:45 a.m. on December 26, 1983 in her mother’s boyfriend’s pickup truck in front of McDonald’s Grocery. The boyfriend left Amber in the car while he went to do an errand and when he returned, Amber was gone. She has pierced ears.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back