GUILTY TX - Ayahna Comb, 9, disabled, dies of extreme neglect, Houston, 29 Jan 2014

Lmbo!! He definitely is :) chunky monkey.. The comparison makes me feel ill.. The horror this baby must've gone through is unthinkable.. How many more times is this going to have to happen before we finally tighten up the system.

#ComeHomeChristina

I'm glad my silliness came through and you didn't gate offense ;)
And, I agree... I have a hard time wrapping my head around a child of that age weighing so little. I have four boys, and my youngest is 9. He weighs 71 lbs and is very slim. It's unimaginable to think of him weighing even 10-15 less, never mind 55 lbs!

This event is absolutely horrible, and incredibly sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If she was severely disabled her muscles might have atrophied and it accounts for some of the low weight.

But still, that's very small for a 9-year old

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/12/18/texas-mother-guilty-of-killing-daughter-leaving-body-in-refrigerator

"Amber Keyes, 36, pleaded in a Harris County court of being guilty of neglect that resulted in the death of 9-year-old Ayahna Comb, whose body was found about a year ago.

Sentencing has been set for March 24, prosecutors in Harris County said. Keyes could face up to life in prison for the death, which has been ruled a homicide."

If her death was ruled a homicide, I wonder why mom was only charged with neglect?

Plea deal... Some of these plea deals are ridiculous :(

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/12/18/texas-mother-guilty-of-killing-daughter-leaving-body-in-refrigerator

"Amber Keyes, 36, pleaded in a Harris County court of being guilty of neglect that resulted in the death of 9-year-old Ayahna Comb, whose body was found about a year ago.

Sentencing has been set for March 24, prosecutors in Harris County said. Keyes could face up to life in prison for the death, which has been ruled a homicide."

If her death was ruled a homicide, I wonder why mom was only charged with neglect?

BBM-Exactly.

It is infuriating beyond belief that parents/step parents/SO's of their children are not charged with murder when they are the reason these children have died. It seems as if simply because they are the parents they get some kind of pass/lighter charges, when in my mind they should get slammed with the fullest extent of the law.

FFS, what is up with this BS system that allows the most vulnerable, innocent, trusting, and dependent group of our population to go so disrespected and unprotected. I'm starting to believe that we just may have more stringent laws to protect our pets/animals than we do to protect our children.

I swear the laws regarding children murdered, brutalized, raped, and/or tortured by their caretakers have got to change.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24
Back