TX TX - Brandi Wells, 23, Longview, 2 Aug 2006

Screen Shot 2011-12-21 at 5.23.01 PM.png

Point A is the nightclub.
Point B is where the skeleton was found.
Point C is roughly where her car was found.

About a 5 mile radius.

And also, if you look at the map I posted, the little neighborhood to the right and up from point b is where her cell phone was found.

I hope this is Brandi...5+ years is too long...

Now they are saying they don't know who the bones belong to, they just assumed it was a missing man because his ID was found close by. They are sending them off for testing. I really was/am hoping it's her. Her family deserves closure.

(Even though I am new on websleuths, I have kept up with this case since it happened. I find it very strange that her mom seems to have just given up searching. I never hear about the case on the news, never see flyers, posters, or billboards. Nothing!)

I just watched the show on her case. In the video surveillance, Brandi leaves the nightclub in front of a tall man in a cowboy hat. At first she goes in a different direction than he, but as they pointed out she veers and goes to the left. If you watch him, he turns his head as if saying something to her. Has anyone ever mentioned if he was checked out? I hope he has been. I would think he could be identified by matching his id swipe to the surveillance tape.

I just watched the show on her case. In the video surveillance, Brandi leaves the nightclub in front of a tall man in a cowboy hat. At first she goes in a different direction than he, but as they pointed out she veers and goes to the left. If you watch him, he turns his head as if saying something to her. Has anyone ever mentioned if he was checked out? I hope he has been. I would think he could be identified by matching his id swipe to the surveillance tape.

I don't think LE has ever mentioned the man with the hat. I don't know. I will have to ask someone. Its very strange that NOBODY in the area ever talks about this case. It didn't seem like it was covered much by the news when it happened and I haven't heard anything else about it since. Very different from other missing people cases in the area, which are talked about fairly often and always in the news on the anniversary of the dissapearance.

I just watched a repeat of this case on TV and was wondering about the friend at the first nightclub Brandi visited. The club owner had a friend who disappeared 20 years before Brandi! Does anyone besides me wonder if it's the same perp and possibly a serial killer?

I think what happened is that Brandi was asking for help getting gas while in the nightclub. The perp met her outside and said "hey, I have a gas can in my car" and took it to her car and then pushed her inside and overtook her. And since LE says one of the people using the cell phone is the POI, that's probably who did it. I'm hoping the other two who used the phone know what happened and at least one of them has a big enough heart to overcome their fear and tell LE what happened to her so she can be returned to her family. :please:

I just watched this case on dissapeared and have to ask if they did ever match up that guy found on the video of her leaving. He had a white cowboy hat on. I think he said something to her and she headed the direction that he went after he said it. I think he is the one they need to be asking about. Does anyone have any fresh info on this case?

Bump for Brandi

I just watched her Disappeared episode....my heart breaks for her mom <3

I also find it strange that Brandi's case is not mentioned as much-what is being hid here?
This is an obvious abduction, and this girl is obviously in danger or was harmed. And with that gas can being discovered in the back of her car, it's obvious what the ploy was the perp used to take her. I just hope she is found soon, I feel this is a solveable case!

maybe he was a regular client of the club and knew that cameras were there (and that;s why he maybe told her to go out separately?) am asking cause I agree it seems like he told her something

Just watched the Disappeared episode on Brandy. I completely agree that this seems like a solvable case - or at least was at the time of her disappearance.

* The cowboy hat should have been tracked down and questioned.
* If Brandy's car was abandoned on the side of a major highway, the perp would have had to get away in another car or on foot. Another motorist had to have seen something.
* Was the gas can ever tested for fingerprints? Or her steering wheel?
* Was the POI who was using her phone ever investigated further?

At this point, I doubt any of these leads would go anywhere, but it seems like more could have been done by LE immediately after her disappearance.

I hope they get a lead or something soon she has been missing long enough and her family deserves to know where she is and what happend

Where was Brandon Lavergne in August 2006? How old was he? Does he have an alibi?

The details of Brandi Wells and Mickey Shunick seem to have the same vibe for me.

- Abandoned vehicle/bike just off interstate
- Item placed in trunk/truck bed
- Late-night/after-club abduction
- Petite, blonde victim traveling alone
- Travel along major LA/TX interstate. (I20 and I10 are our only major East-West interstates.)

ETA: Lavergne was about 27 years old in 2006 when Brandi disappeared.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin
Back