TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone read the youtube comments? I'm curious as to what you guys think Brandon said on the 911 call.

Brandon's 911 call has been uploaded to YouTube. It plays first at normal speed and then at a slower speed. Somewhat garbled and very difficult to understand. Can anyone help transcribe?

http://youtu.be/_FXg-zxS1lE

This is the best I could do:

911: 911 Emergency.

BL: Yes, I'm in the middle of a field. This (unintelligible) just pushed(?) some guys over, right here going towards Abilene on both sides. My truck ran out of gas. There's one car here. The guy(?) chased him(?) into the woods. Please hurry!

911: Okay, now run that by me one more…

BL: There's one guy(?) talking to him. I accidentally(?) ran into him (or "them").

911: Oh, you ran into him, okay.

BL: He shot (or "got"?) the first guy (unintelligible, 911 operator talks over)

911: Do you need an ambulance?

BL: Yeah. No, I need the cops.

911: Okay. Is anybody hurt? Sir? Hello? Hello? Hello?

Chilling..thanks Okiegranny for all your work on this case. I feel awful for the wife.

Sounds like he was really trying to get his life straightened out. What could've happened on that road? Listening to the 911 call...he does sound like was running. Also telling that when the operator asked if he needed an ambulance, he said he needed a cop. I do believe whatever happened to him is related to that incident he called 911 about. How long after the call did his brother and LE arrive? Was it 20 mins or so? There was no one else around when LE arrived...I hope they are seriously investigating...

There are some different interpretations of what he said on 911 call in youtube comments...all are ominous.

There are some different interpretations of what he said on 911 call in youtube comments...all are ominous.

Yeah, it's really hard to make out exactly what Brandon said. I did my own transcription first, then compared my result to the comments. Some of them helped fill in some blanks, and then there were others that were just, uh-uh, no way, not even close to what he said.

There's just so little there, it's super annoying that the 911 operator started asking if he needed an ambulance before he'd finished talking, and I just couldn't make out at all what he was saying at that moment.

None of it sounds good. It definitely doesn't sound like he was alone out there, so I think there's somebody somewhere who knows something about what happened to him.

Here's a little bit of a timeline:

11:53pm: Brandon left the house in San Angelo
12:38am: Brandon called his brother, said he had run out of gas
12:50am: Brandon's 911 call
1:10am: LE and Brandon's brother arrived on the scene at the same time
1:19am: Brandon called his brother, said he was bleeding

And then there was another 911 call from a truck driver, but I don't know what time this was. From the BlogTalk Radio interview:

Brandon's truck, the front of it was over the white line. The front of it was in the highway, a little bit on the road, and then Brandon's doors were not locked. And also, there was a second 911 call. The only thing that I'm not sure about is I don't know if Brandon called 911 first or if the truck driver did. But I'm pretty positive Brandon called 911 first, and then the truck driver called afterwards because he almost hit Brandon's truck because it was parked on the highway, and on 277 you can go pretty fast there, like 75 miles an hour. So he called 911 telling them that he almost hit a vehicle.

I stumbled upon this thread last night and it is truly haunting me. After listening to the 911 call, my gut tells me no way in heel this guy is voluntarily missing.

The 911 call is so unintelligible it's infuriating. I really think he is saying "state trooper just pulled some guys over", but that opens up conspiracy stuff. There is the part of the 911 call when he says "the guy just chased [unintelligible] into the woods" and I really think he said "chased the trooper into the woods" and it either cut out or was edited out.

I think "ran into 'em" means he ran into whatever was happening as he was going through the field. Were they there before him or was he there first?

I don't think this guy would have called 911 if he was going to then hide because of a warrant. The call sounds desperate, something was going on that involved other people that night. Where are they? Why haven't we heard an explanation?

Sadly, the girlfriend or wife or whatever, her interview is all over the place. I don't see her being involved, I frankly get the impression that she is a bit scatterbrained-no disrespect intended-and so every question asked of her is answered with this sort of stream-of-consciousness stuff as she tries to get everything out at once.

Sure would like to know more about the phone call to her brother-in-law.

Also, if it's true that the actual land that Brandon went missing on is the property of the sheriff and his wife, well....smells hinky to me.

It's haunting me too. Something bad happened to this guy...I don't hear 'state trooper' but it does sound to me right after that, he says 'i got chased into the woods'.

Key phrases that to me indicate he was in trouble and needed help:

I'm in the middle of a field.
I got chased into the woods.
Please hurry.
I need a cop.

My heart is breaking for this man's wife. If those were the last words I heard from my husband, i'd die inside.

I've seen people request a scanner transcription or something for certain dates on other cases--can we try something like that here? I'd be willing to make the request if someone can walk me through how to do it.

I've seen people request a scanner transcription or something for certain dates on other cases--can we try something like that here? I'd be willing to make the request if someone can walk me through how to do it.

I wouldn't know where to star. Hopefully someone with experience will pop in.

I'd love if more sleuthers listened to the 911 call...different people hear different things.

Where he says something like "going towards Abilene on both sides"...anyone have any idea what he could've meant?

Maybe he meant in both lanes? Is it a 2 lane highway?

I'm about to sound all sorts of crazy here but what I picture when hearing the 911 is 2 cars surrounding another to push them off the side of the road and BL witnessing that. The people take off so does BL.

I'm about to sound all sorts of crazy here but what I picture when hearing the 911 is 2 cars surrounding another to push them off the side of the road and BL witnessing that. The people take off so does BL.

That's one of things I pictured too so maybe we're both crazy!

Not crazy. Might explain "going toward Abilene on both sides". But where was the car that went off the road? And what was his interaction with those people once in the field. Said he didn't need an ambulance, so we can assume no one was hurt.

Not crazy. Might explain "going toward Abilene on both sides". But where was the car that went off the road? And what was his interaction with those people once in the field. Said he didn't need an ambulance, so we can assume no one was hurt.

His brother was able to reach him later by phone...after the 911 call. He told his brother to hurry and said 'i'm bleeding" and then the call ended.

But he did tell his brother's gf he was bleeding and based on the FB timeline that was after the 911 call. I don't know...

When you hear the 911 call do you hear another voice when the operator asks if he needs an ambulance? Or do you think the phone may just be away from him making him sound distant?

Nastiness and rumour on social media is pretty ugly in this case. I sent a message to Brandon's fiancé LL asking her to join us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redhairdontcare