TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link to the podcast on Youtube. It was done as part of the new podcast spinoff from Crawlspace called True crime twins. I urge everyone interested in Brandons case to listen to this interview.

Totally agree. So much new firsthand information here. The fact that Brandon said he could see Kyle but he couldn't see Brandon and that the noises in the 911 call were someone driving over the bridge he was though to be hiding under rather than gunshots. It all made sense. I think Kyle was very honest in this interview. Painfully honest. If Brandon was high, hiding under a bridge beside the colorado river in the middle of the night, refusing to answer his phone because he was angry that Kyle didn't run from the police officer, bleeding and paranoid - sort of makes me wonder if he had ended up accidentally in the river while fleeing.

Totally agree. So much new firsthand information here. The fact that Brandon said he could see Kyle but he couldn't see Brandon and that the noises in the 911 call were someone driving over the bridge he was though to be hiding under rather than gunshots. It all made sense. I think Kyle was very honest in this interview. Painfully honest. If Brandon was high, hiding under a bridge beside the colorado river in the middle of the night, refusing to answer his phone because he was angry that Kyle didn't run from the police officer, bleeding and paranoid - sort of makes me wonder if he had ended up accidentally in the river while fleeing.
I think someone posted the river isn't deep there, not sure how long ago that post was.

Thank you ralphtheplumber. This is so heart breaking to listen to Kyle talk about Brandon. You can tell he really loves his brother. So it seems like he doesn't believe anyone from the neighborhood was chasing him. Brandon was high he confirmed.

We have always said Kyle knows more than he is telling and now he is telling it. I just don't think anyone is working this case anymore to find Brandon.

His children deserve answers even if Brandon was a drug user. His children are innocent and they need to know what happened to their Daddy.

Thanks again!

Listened to the podcast last night .... Wow! I admit along with the rest I thought Kyle knew more as well. So glad he decided to come on CS and share his side of the story. He has opened my eyes on a few things and I'm sure others feel the same way.

Could Brandon have been under the bridge? It is a bit of a distance from where the truck was, could he have walked there or was he transported there. Kyle had mentioned their was a road by the bridge he drove down it the next day. Could another vehicle have been hidden down there that night because no one looked under the bridge that night ?

It was at some points heartbreaking to listen to Kyle he truly loved his brother.

Last edited:
So why would he be under the bridge when he called 911 at 12:50 and then Kyle says Brandon says he can see him around 1 AM ten minutes later? The bridge is a coupe of miles away from the place where the truck ran out of gas. Either he's under the bridge OR he's back close to his truck. I don't think he could be in both places within 10 minutes of each other. BTW...the bridge is toward Bronte, where BL could have been walking to go get gas. He also told Kyle to run from the sheriff deputy and Kyle talks like he was afraid of that particular deputy.

So why call 911 and then run from the deputy?

And then there is that other voice I know I hear at the end. Kyle never addressed that issue. At least for me it is...

I am happy Kyle talked and I do believe what he is stating but he can't physically do both things.

One thing that I have been pondering today is "Where's your Pride MF" is it possible in anyway that Kyle miss heard BL and he actually sais "Swallow your Pride MF" to me Where and Swallow with a southern drawn sounds very similar. Swallow your Pride is term is to do something that your told even thou you know
So why would he be under the bridge when he called 911 at 12:50 and then Kyle says Brandon says he can see him around 1 AM ten minutes later? The bridge is a coupe of miles away from the place where the truck ran out of gas. Either he's under the bridge OR he's back close to his truck. I don't think he could be in both places within 10 minutes of each other. BTW...the bridge is toward Bronte, where BL could have been walking to go get gas. He also told Kyle to run from the sheriff deputy and Kyle talks like he was afraid of that particular deputy.

And then there is that other voice I know I hear at the end. Kyle never addressed that issue. At least for me it is...

I am happy Kyle talked and I do believe what he is stating but he can't physically do both things.

Agreed that is a good distance and I know you have driven that road a few times enough to know .. why it would not make practical sense to be here and there within a limited amount of time esp on foot.

Ya know with Kyle talking about BL saying he was being chased ... could this revert back to the supposed incident at Walmart ? I always tend to bring that up because I'm not sure if it was ever confirmed and clarified as to what happened.

BL calls for the cops but yet tells KL to run from them .. ?? Kyle has def provided me with much more to digest

Thank you ralphtheplumber. This is so heart breaking to listen to Kyle talk about Brandon. You can tell he really loves his brother. So it seems like he doesn't believe anyone from the neighborhood was chasing him. Brandon was high he confirmed.

We have always said Kyle knows more than he is telling and now he is telling it. I just don't think anyone is working this case anymore to find Brandon.

His children deserve answers even if Brandon was a drug user. His children are innocent and they need to know what happened to their Daddy.

Thanks again!
I'm am still working his case

I was in Bronte a couple of weeks ago and conducting a little experiment while I was down there believe it or not it is possible for Brandon to have been standing by that bridge and seen Kyle

I'm am still working his case

Jason, you state you are working his case....are you with LE? or are you a PI? May I ask in what capacity you are working his case? TYIA

Here is a link from the bridge looking toward where the truck ran out of gas. The truck was actually passed the house on the right you see in the very far distance.

Google Maps

Here is looking back toward Bronte from where the truck ran out of gas.

Google Maps

It is over a mile and I don't think BL could have seen Kyle in the dead of night that far away. He would have had to be a lot closer to know what was going on I believe.

Kyle's statement at the beginning of the video isn't long, so I went ahead and transcribed it. The Q&A would take a bit longer if anyone wants it. Here's the first half:

(7:28) It all started like two days before my brother came up missing. I was on my way to work and Brandon, my brother, called me and he was wanting to know if I could get some dope for him. Because he had switched jobs, and he had already taken his drug test, so he wanted to get high. He had not smoked in at least six months, and I told him "Naw, you don't need to do that Bro, you've been clean for a long time." He told me, "I know, Bro, I'm just going to do a little bit." I told him "Okay," and I told him to go get a guy named Chris. He worked with us. So he went and picked up Chris, and Chris took him to pick up some, from who I don't know. So after they got it, they went and got high.

Then I didn't hear from him until I was on my way home. I called him and asked where he was, if he was still going to come by when I got home, and he said yes. After I got home, I never heard from him. I figured he was at home, so the next morning I tried calling him and can't get ahold of him. His wife wouldn't answer either. So I called some friends back home in Ft. Worth to see if he had come there, and I found him. He was at one of our friends' house. He got on the phone and spoke to me and he said he was going to be heading home soon. So I told him "Okay, I'll hit you up whenever I get home from work." He said "Okay." Everything was normal. Then I'm almost to my house and he called me and he told me that he was on his way home and she, as in Ladessa, better not have touched none of his stuff.

I went to their house. Ladessa was cleaning the house and everything was normal. Nothing was torn up or anything, so I called him and told him to chill out, to just calm down, she wasn't tearing any of his stuff up. So I let him talk to her for a minute, and they were arguing, but I didn't pay no mind to it. So I got my phone back, and I went back to my house, showered, and changed clothes, and I was about to eat dinner when my mother called me and asked if I would please go over to their house and calm my brother down because he was flipping out.

When I arrived at their house my brother Brandon was already gone, so I asked Ladessa what was going on and she said he was tripping and flipping out. On my way there, my brother called me, says that Ladessa had some Mexicans from the neighborhood chasing him out of town. He told me that the State Trooper had pulled one of them over but there were still two chasing him. He hung up on me, then calls me back and told me that he is about to run out of gas, he needed me to bring him some gas, so I told him okay, that I had to go back by his house to pick up a gas can and come straight to him.

So I went to his house, I got the gas can, and I headed that way. Well, Brandon kept calling me, and he would say a few words and hang up. The first time he asked where I was and to hurry up. I told him that I was on the way as fast as I could. Then he called back and Audrey answered, and he said "Where are y'all? I'm bleeding, Audge" -- as in Audrey -- "hurry up and get here," and he hung up. Then he called me again and said "Where are you at?" I said "I'm pulling up right now." He hung up again. So when I pulled up to his truck, I make a U-turn and park on the opposite side of the road. I get out, walk over to his truck, and he calls. I asked him, "Where are you, Bro?" He said, "I'm right here where I said." At that time there was a vehicle approaching and he said to me one time, "Run." I told him "I'm not going to run, I've done nothing wrong," and he said, "Where is your pride, *advertiser censored*?" and hung up on me.

(second half)

At this time, the officer was walking up from behind his truck, and he says "Is this your truck?" I told him no, it's my brother's truck, that he had ran out of gas and he was walking down the road. He keeps losing signal, so I asked if he minded me driving down the street to look for him. And he said "Yeah, but he's not back that way because I just come from that way." So I said okay. I had not known that my brother had made a 911 call in between the time that he was calling me on my way there. It makes no sense to me why he would call 911 and call saying he needed the cops, and then right after he tells me to run from the police. But I drove down the street and I stopped. I and Audrey both repeatedly calling him and texting him and he would not respond.

My son was only a few years old and he was [crying?] and hungry so we went back to my bank in San Angelo so I that could get some money. My check had been direct deposited into my account so I got the money, I got some food for my son, I got some gas in my car, and then I went and picked our friend Chris that we had worked with, and asked him if he would come with me to look for my -- him. So he got in and we went back to where my brother's truck was. The police officer was gone, so we drove down the road very slow, hollering and screaming his name out, and he never would come. So I went down to the gas station and parked on the side while Audrey got out, got the gas can out of the trunk, and went and put five dollars in the gas can. Then I drove back down to my brother's truck, and I got out and put the gas in his truck, and I yelled out there: "Gas in your truck, Bro, the laws are gone, get it, get in it, and go!" Still nothing.

We drove up and down Highway 277 for about an hour and no sign. Then the law enforcement had my brother's truck towed at nine a.m. that morning. And then that is when my sister-in-law, Ladessa called the Sheriff's Department and told them what was going on. They acted like I was lying to them about everything just because I didn't tell him that night that my brother had a felony warrant and was hiding in the woods. Had I known that my brother had made a 911 call not seconds in between the times that I talked to him, I would have said something. But I did not know, and I wasn't about to snitch my brother out. That's not just something we don't, we don't do, we never have __________ I think of things that I could have done differently, but it doesn't change anything because my brother is still missing.

The Coke County Sheriff's office and this Texas Ranger that is on my brother's case, they wanted me to come in for interviewing and so I did. They seem to think that I just picked my brother up and gave him a ride that night, and dropped him off. So I told them that I would like to take a polygraph test, and so they agreed. So I went down to take the test, and they gave me two tests.

The first test, one was about if I gave him a ride somewhere that night, if I dropped him off somewhere, or if I came in contact with him after the last time I said I had that night, and I passed it. The second test was asking if I had harmed or hurt him and had taken his body somewhere, or if I took him and done something with him -- more or less they wanted to know if I killed my own brother, and I passed it. Then I don't believe that they had done anything with his case since.

wow, what an arduous task - thank you for doing it and adding it here, @dms.

I still tend to think LE had something to do with Brandon being "missing"... I hate that I think that and I hate to even have a theory, but based on Brandon's own words (as I heard them - I know we debated for many pages about what he said), that is where I lean.

I agree, no one deserves this - addict or not - and those who know and love Brandon need answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ceishen637