TX - Brent Randall, 18, dead, brother injured in TSU shooting, Houston, 9 Oct 2015

Yes. Not so exciting as a mass shooter. How many does one have to kiill to get in that category? And of course the kids killed in these shootings don't deserve a vigil,

Just an ordinary boring killing

Mass murder is the killing of several at or around the same time. I don't know about boring or kids not deserving a vigil. I guess that's one of those IMO things.

Yes. Not so exciting as a mass shooter. How many does one have to kiill to get in that category? And of course the kids killed in these shootings don't deserve a vigil,

Just an ordinary boring killing

Kids who are in class could be anybody's kids, but kids who are drunk and fighting in a parking lot are always somebody else's kids.

JMO.

Dead is dead.

Yes, dead is dead, but tthis sounds no differet then the every day run of the mill shooting that doesn't get press and only got press because it was on the grounnds of a school.

ITA. Too many parents enable and mollycoddle their children, never making them take responsibility for or suffer consequences for their mistakes. Their kid never does anything wrong, and someone else is always to blame. When something does go wrong, and mom/dad aren't immediately available to bail them out, these kids don't know how to handle the situation maturely because they're accustomed to mom and dad getting them out of uncomfortable situations. :moo:

I totaly agree we coddle our kids these days but I just have a hard time equatinng coddling to psychopathic behavior.

Seems to me the media, in this case, is trying to lead readers to the unfair conclusion that this incident should be in the same category as that of Columbine. Especially if the reader only skims the headlines.

Agree 100%

MOOO

Yes. Run of the mill shooting. Who cares?

Parents, relatives, friends , siblings, Big whoop. Just another shooting.

I'm almost positive I didn't say "who cares". My point is there are shootings every day and more than half don't get reported. This sounds like one of those shootings and is only being made a bid deal because it was near a campus. Good grief.

No shooting should be just another shooting. They're all big deals. Imagine if they all got press. There'd be no time for any other news.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

...I totaly agree we coddle our kids these days but I just have a hard time equatinng coddling to psychopathic behavior...

Who said anything about psychotic behavior? I certainly didn't, nor do I believe that the perpetrators in this incident or the Northern Arizona University shooting are mentally ill. These unfortunate shootings resulted from interpersonal altercations that escalated into violent behavior. These incidents are not in the same league as rampage shootings involving young men who were known to have mental health issues, i.e. Adam Lanza (Sandy Hook) or Chris Harper-Mercer (Umpqua Community College). :moo:

Whatever happened to the days when guys had a disagreement, fists start swinging, people swearing, and when the blood spills, or the cops or teachers shows up- the fight breaks up? imo.

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/2...gs-at-texas-southern-university-released.html

"HOUSTON — Police continued their search for a suspect Monday after releasing two men detained last week in connection with the fatal shooting of an 18-year-old student at Texas Southern University.

Classes resumed Monday at the Houston campus where freshman Brent Randall was killed in a parking lot outside a school apartment complex. A second person was wounded in the gunfire and remained hospitalized in stable condition, police said.

Police said Friday they had detained two of three men seen running into the Courtyard Apartments after the shooting earlier in the day. The man still being sought was then seen fleeing through a side door.

Police spokesman Victor Senties said Monday the men who were questioned have since been released."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shaunie
Back