TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024 #2

I'm outside the USA.

What are the "US Marshalls" and the "Texas Rangers"...?

How would these two differ to the work of the police?

Who calls them in? The police themselves?
They basically bolster federal and state law enforcement and investigative services, respectively, in protection of public and of federal and state courts and property; and apprehension of criminals and fugitives.

So I’m guessing they are just more resources to cover all bases: Unless law enforcement do indeed have a person of interest, specifically, and they were called in to seek that party….

All IMHO and based on perceived likelihood - later ones very unlikely
Possible scenarios:
1) hook up gone wrong with someone Caleb previously met- verbal agreement to meet again so no proper electronic trail indicating plans to follow- Caleb enters a car- accident or nefarious action ensues - body dumped - possibly in the ocean/ nearby that same night- body won’t be recovered
2)cunning predator using the dense fog as cover/ Caleb enters car- possibly gang or cartel related kidnapping due to initiation or cult beliefs- driven far away possibly across the border
4) complete non-nefarious accident with Caleb becoming disoriented in the fog / Caleb deceased in water or hidden in area previously searched - possibly after ingesting a laced drug
5) predator lured Caleb under guise of help needed / possible local homeless predator harmed and hid Caleb
6) Caleb driven away by predator/ he is alive in a remote location in captivity
7) Caleb in wrong place/time witnessed drug deal or other nefarious activity and forced into car at gunpoint/ driven away and disposed of
8) psychotic episode came on without warning leading to Caleb leaving the area/ hitchhiking/possible remote suicide

All IMHO and based on perceived likelihood - later ones very unlikely
Possible scenarios:
1) hook up gone wrong with someone Caleb previously met- verbal agreement to meet again so no proper electronic trail indicating plans to follow- Caleb enters a car- accident or nefarious action ensues - body dumped - possibly in the ocean/ nearby that same night- body won’t be recovered
2)cunning predator using the dense fog as cover/ Caleb enters car- possibly gang or cartel related kidnapping due to initiation or cult beliefs- driven far away possibly across the border
4) complete non-nefarious accident with Caleb becoming disoriented in the fog / Caleb deceased in water or hidden in area previously searched - possibly after ingesting a laced drug
5) predator lured Caleb under guise of help needed / possible local homeless predator harmed and hid Caleb
6) Caleb driven away by predator/ he is alive in a remote location in captivity
7) Caleb in wrong place/time witnessed drug deal or other nefarious activity and forced into car at gunpoint/ driven away and disposed of
8) psychotic episode came on without warning leading to Caleb leaving the area/ hitchhiking/possible remote suicide
All of course within the realm of possibility. I worry about #1 because there would be a lot of difficulty pinpointing or tracing this particular person.

My apologies. New to the thread. Are there other suspiciously missing adults in this city? Tia
From my studies the other missing young adults could have likely drowned in the ocean/ not been recovered. Most (if not all) other missing young adults from Corpus were fishing or near the ocean- none of the disappearances seem suspicious like this one
IMHO

I think with all of the digital evidence LE has collected up to this point, has likely led them to a strong suspect. This person has possibly already been brought in for questioning but they have no evidence to hold them, and thus and had to let them go for now. LE is not yet able to prove a crime was committed but they will continue to keep them under surveillance until the suspect trips up or they develop more evidence.

Just a latest theory which could explain why LE, as well as the family, have gone radio-silent.

I am hopeful from reading this post, as it appears that LE have some sensitive information related to the case. The fact that they have something, anything, gives me hope that they have some leads. The parents previously said that they believe that CH got into a car.
IIRC, the father said that it's possible that Caleb got into a car or was pulled into a car.

Last edited:
I think with all of the digital evidence LE has collected up to this point, has likely led them to a strong suspect. This person has possibly already been brought in for questioning but they have no evidence to hold them, and thus and had to let them go for now. LE is not yet able to prove a crime was committed but they will continue to keep them under surveillance until the suspect trips up or they develop more evidence.

Just a latest theory which could explain why LE, as well as the family, have gone radio-silent.
I think this is entirely possible. If this scenario is true, it would have taken some time to locate this person, which would have given him enough time to cover his tracks. This is exactly the type of case in which that could be going on, and we'd have absolutely no idea. That's how it goes when the suspect isn't directly connected to the victim, and the investigation expands outside the area of where the crime occurred.

I think this is entirely possible. If this scenario is true, it would have taken some time to locate this person, which would have given him enough time to cover his tracks. This is exactly the type of case in which that could be going on, and we'd have absolutely no idea. That's how it goes when the suspect isn't directly connected to the victim, and the investigation expands outside the area of where the crime occurred.
This doesn’t look too promising:

IMG_9926.jpeg

This doesn’t look too promising:

View attachment 499909
Many of those cases don’t have anywhere close to the amount of resources being utilized here. This is rare, in part because this sort of crime is rare (assuming it’s a crime).

It’s also going to require technical resources that pretty much no local department has.

Many of those cases don’t have anywhere close to the amount of resources being utilized here. This is rare, in part because this sort of crime is rare (assuming it’s a crime).

It’s also going to require technical resources that pretty much no local department has.
Good point. I hope it’s on its way to being resolved, then.

I think his body must be hidden in water.

He was probably picked up in a car, killed and eventually dumped into a body of water, far away from his apartment…..thus leaving no trace.
I think it's likely as Corpus Christi is a coastal city.

However, when looking for a body, the problem with Texas is the sheer amount of land. Empty land. Unpopulated land. For miles and miles and miles, with no witnesses.

So I'm not ruling out Caleb's body being buried/dumped/hidden somewhere in the earth too.

I think it's likely as Corpus Christi is a coastal city.

However, when looking for a body, the problem with Texas is the sheer amount of land. Empty land. Unpopulated land. For miles and miles and miles, with no witnesses.

So I'm not ruling out Caleb's body being buried/dumped/hidden somewhere in the earth too.
True, but water would probably be chosen as still less likely to be found. But you never know…

I initially had high hopes of his being found alive. After 2 months it’s difficult to maintain that belief. I wonder if LE feel the same and have communicated that with family? At this point any idea of him being found safe seems linked to the idea that he left of his own volition, but evidence on that score is lacking.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant
Back