TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assumed she meant a person of authority from the university, like a professor, etc.
But I’m wondering, would a professor resort to murder as a coverup, in an era of gay acceptance? In the old days, absolutely, because not only would career and marriage be destroyed, but he’d be charged with illegal activity.

But in 2024? It’s not illegal to hook up, or to be a gay or bisexual professor. And Caleb is not a minor, either.

Size 13 everything is available at Academy from Crocs, Flip Flops, slide on sandals, mud boots, work boots, everything.
For reference, Academy Sports + Outdoors is a home-grown Texas outdoors and sporting goods store. For example, they carry Nike and Columbia brand, kind of a mash-up between Dick's and Cabelas. CC are has two stores. One in Corpus Christi proper and one across the bay near Portland. It's definitely the kind of place that a fishing-centric kid would go for this or that.
Out of curiosity, what kind of boat does Caleb have? A little fishing kayak?

Last edited:
But I’m wondering, would a professor resort to murder as a coverup, in an era of gay acceptance? In the old days, absolutely, because not only would career and marriage be destroyed, but he’d be charged with illegal activity.

But in 2024? It’s not illegal to hook up, or to be a gay or bisexual professor. And Caleb is not a minor, either.
So I am affiliated with another university in the Texas A&M system... a professor engaging in any kind of relations with an undergraduate student would be grounds for dismissal from their job. It's against system policy. Not to mention, this is Texas. While people are becomming more accepting, we still have a LONG way to go in this regard. If he was married, it could also be a problem.

If a professor was involved in this way with a student, he or she would likely be fired. It's not about age, it's about the nature of the relationship between authority figure and student.

So I am affiliated with another university in the Texas A&M system... a professor engaging in any kind of relations with an undergraduate student would be grounds for dismissal from their job. It's against system policy. Not to mention, this is Texas. While people are becomming more accepting, we still have a LONG way to go in this regard. If he was married, it could also be a problem.
Thanks. Yes, I get it.

If, and it's a big if, Caleb was used to walking around barefoot his feet would be "tougher" than someone who does not. Someone who always wears shoes will have a more tender feet. We ran and played without shoes all summer as kids. By the end of summer we could walk down the gravel driveway in bare feet, something we couldn't do at the start of summer.

If a professor was involved in this way with a student, he or she would likely be fired. It's not about age, it's about the nature of the relationship between authority figure and student.
True……I wish whoever this person is who met up with Caleb, would be found, interrogated, and either cleared or charged. 10+ weeks now since Caleb vanished.

Teacher/student relationships at UNI is not unheard of, it is more common than one might think. It is very frowned upon, and in a lot of cases for good reason. That said, many adults meet at UNI that being an undergrad or PHD student or even a professor - in most cases, it is regulated by the universities regulations (and is reported by the parties involved) so not to grade a student you have a relationship with.
However, this is definitely not always the case. And the scandal such relationships can bring a University is devastating, many Universities do anything to cover up such scandals.
The one in authority, if not in love and has genuine feelings for the student, may cause great harm to cover their tracks.

Teacher/student relationships at UNI is not unheard of, it is more common than one might think. It is very frowned upon, and in a lot of cases for good reason. That said, many adults meet at UNI that being an undergrad or PHD student or even a professor - in most cases, it is regulated by the universities regulations (and is reported by the parties involved) so not to grade a student you have a relationship with.
However, this is definitely not always the case. And the scandal such relationships can bring a University is devastating, many Universities do anything to cover up such scandals.
The one in authority, if not in love and has genuine feelings for the student, may cause great harm to cover their tracks.
If something of this nature did in fact occur, wouldn’t law enforcement have uncovered it 10+ weeks in? Or maybe not, if the person hid their identity behind a VPN?

and perhaps we should also keep in mind that a "hook up" is just one suggestion from folks here for maybe why he was out and about at that hour. We've seen a number of possibilities suggested, but we don't really know what was going on with him.
What are the running theories so far?

1. Waiting for Uber Eats order
2. 'Hook up'
3. Checking fishing spots
4. Kidnapping/abduction
5. Something related to the Snap he sent.

My thoughts on these
1. He wasn't waiting for his Uber order. I don't know if you can actively 'track' where the Uber driver is, but if that's possible, then his phone was off (either deliberately or ran out of battery) before it was delivered, making this even less likely. But if he needed to, say, refrigerate the order afterwards, he could have stayed in the apartment and just opened the door after it was delivered. And I'm not trying to imply anything untoward, but simply, to stress my belief that he had gone outside for another reason, and it was not to pick up his food.

2. 'Hook up' is a tossup. I can see it argued that there is no verified evidence of communications. It's more of a "eliminating the other possibilities" than an 'active theory'.

3. Caleb's dad has said on record that Caleb always fished with someone, would not go out alone somewhere.

4. Related to 2, there is also no publicized evidence of an abduction or kidnapping. I think there would be evidence if this happened (shouting, blood, damage to property).

5. People have been going in circles about the snap - whether it a random photo (to maintain streak), if the recipient was important, if it was meant to be a clue of some kind...

2. 'Hook up'
4. Kidnapping/abduction

My thoughts on these
1. He wasn't waiting for his Uber order. I don't know if you can actively 'track' where the Uber driver is, but if that's possible, then his phone was off (either deliberately or ran out of battery) before it was delivered, making this even less likely. But if he needed to, say, refrigerate the order afterwards, he could have stayed in the apartment and just opened the door after it was delivered. And I'm not trying to imply anything untoward, but simply, to stress my belief that he had gone outside for another reason, and it was not to pick up his food.

2. 'Hook up' is a tossup. I can see it argued that there is no verified evidence of communications. It's more of a "eliminating the other possibilities" than an 'active theory'.

3. Caleb's dad has said on record that Caleb always fished with someone, would not go out alone somewhere.

4. Related to 2, there is also no publicized evidence of an abduction or kidnapping. I think there would be evidence if this happened (shouting, blood, damage to property).

5. People have been going in circles about the snap - whether it a random photo (to maintain streak), if the recipient was important, if it was meant to be a clue of some kind...
Combination of #2 and #5 - I believe Caleb planned to hook up with someone and sent the snap to to the wrong person, meaning to send it to the person he was supposed to meet. Possibility of the names being similar? Same first name?

2. 'Hook up'
4. Kidnapping/abduction
I personally don't think it was 3 and most cases of 4 are also unlikely (I don't think anyone forced him into a car in the parking lot or such).

I would still add this one, just in case:
6. Psychosis/mania
I don't think it is too likely in his case, but I can also see it going towards a mental break. Not suicide, but some sort of an episode (psychosis, mania, etc). We have a college kid taking a walk late at night who might have had a few drinks before. Maybe he smoked some cannabis during that walk? Does not sound outlandish. But he is right smack middle in the age group and sex of the highest risk of getting a psychotic/manic episode from cannabis. The somewhat odd actions, the walking quite far barefoot, the random bridge photo (for us, of course it might have not been so random to the friend), all that kinda lines up.

I do think foul play is most likely and the foul play being related to sex in some shape or form is also very likely. I mean it is usually either sex or money and, well, no money was taken nor granted in this case afaik.

<modsnip - no link>

Does anyone know how Uber-eats works? Especially those orders that are 'no-contact' delivery? What if, the perp works for U-eats? Is there a central dispatch station?

Trouble shooting

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip - no link>

Does anyone know how Uber-eats works? Especially those orders that are 'no-contact' delivery? What if, the perp works for U-eats? Is there a central dispatch station?

Trouble shooting
We've already had this.

The Uber Eats driver was a woman and she has already been contacted and cleared by LE.

The end.

Last edited by a moderator:

2. 'Hook up'
4. Kidnapping/abduction

My thoughts on these

I am voting for 2 + 3. I dated a fisherman and he would go out anytime he could. And...going fishing at 3:30 am would not be unheard of. IMO, CH has a friendly face...very approachable. He may have met someone that invited him out fishing. Maybe, this person has a nice boat and CH couldn't resist. I mean, he wouldn't need to go back and get his fishing gear because this guy has everything needed.

Plus, the similarities between these two cases are quite a coincidence....I mean, look at the smile on this guy's face. TX - TX - Bradley Cy Brooks, 36, Corpus Christi, 18 Aug 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
parzval