TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there is a suspect in this case, it is hard to believe that LE has no information. It just seems like everything is traceable these days. I hope that they do actually know more than they are saying. This case is so strange. I really thought it was a suicide, or accident, but all the LE working on the case has me questioning my assumptions.

Has it been confirmed by LE or other official source that the Snapchat photo was taken when it was posted by CH?
Photos from a camera roll can be posted to Snapchat or one can screencapture an existing photo and post the screencapture to Snapchat as a normal Snap.

"Yes, you can tell if a picture on Snapchat was uploaded from the camera roll or actually taken on Snapchat. Snapchat provides visual cues to indicate whether a photo was uploaded or taken live. Here's how you can determine the source of a picture on Snapchat:
  1. Story Indicator: When viewing someone's story, you can check the corner where their name is displayed. If the picture was chosen from their camera roll, it will indicate that it was uploaded from the camera roll.
Additionally, here are some methods to send pictures from the camera roll as normal snaps on Snapchat:
  1. Sticker Feature: You can send a photo from your camera roll as a normal snap by using the sticker feature. Start by tapping on the "Memories" icon in the Snapchat app, then select the photo you want to post. Edit the photo with the "Cutout" tool and save it to your sticker library. Finally, go to the app's main screen, take a live picture with your phone camera, and insert the previously made sticker to post it as a normal snap.
  2. Snapchat Filter Feature: Another method is to use the Snapchat filter feature. Open the filter library and search for a filter using keywords like "camera roll" for photos or "upload video" for videos. Select the photo or video from your camera roll and continue as usual to post it as a normal snap."

Question for Admin.
Could I post a very interesting post from a FB site so long as I have users permission?

Reactions: IDK
Or haven't told us about it, at any rate.
True. But what would the hold up be? If they can’t find enough evidence to charge and arrest, it could become one of those cases that goes cold for 20 years.

And we have no idea what Caleb’s thoughts are on the subject. Which is why it’s appropriate to discuss the possibility that he was having hook-ups.
Don’t understand the above.

True. But what would the hold up be? If they can’t find enough evidence to charge and arrest, it could become one of those cases that goes cold for 20 years.
Knowing where he went and with whom, and even why he didn't return, might be only the beginning of the investigation. It could be very far from proving a crime in court.

Knowing where he went and with whom, and even why he didn't return, might be only the beginning of the investigation. It could be very far from proving a crime in court.
True. I just hope it wouldn’t be something where they can’t prosecute (or charge and arrest to begin with) for lack of evidence. It’s happened before.

I am still hung up on why a good looking, personable young man like CH from a stable, loving family would move into the dark and dangerous world of hook ups. I find it hard to believe that if he was doing this ( this not being the first time), that his room mates have no suspicion that it was going on. I think that the complete silence on the part of the family, friends and room mates is to protect him and them from the judgements of friends, and church family. That is why I so much hope and pray this is a voluntary disappearance. MOO MOO MOO

I think if he had been contemplating self harm, he would have driven somewhere and brought his rifle. I am encouraged that he did not. Hope I am right. MOO

Same here. What’s most disturbing here is that in 11 weeks all of these high caliber law enforcement organizations have not been able to pinpoint where he went, with whom, and why he was unable to return.
We don't know what LE has found out, and we don't know if they have a suspect or not. But I'd bet they have a pretty good idea what happened. They just aren't ready to tell the public anything yet.

We don't know what LE has found out, and we don't know if they have a suspect or not. But I'd bet they have a pretty good idea what happened. They just aren't ready to tell the public anything yet.
I hope you’re right. That was said about the Summer Wells case 3 years ago, and last month about the Sebastian Rogers case. Sometimes you wind up never hearing anything from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member