TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I know this may sound bizzare. We have heard all about the roommates searching for him, and calling the Police, but what was not mentioned, was something like "they tried called his phone repeatedly", or even "they called his phone" and there was no answer. They may well have called, however information like this is typically included in media reporting. I firmly believe the roommates are innocent. I also believe they have thoughts on what may have happened, which they would have likely shared with LE.

The Police very quickly honed in on two locations,
"Collier said the investigation has led the team to both New Braunfels and San Antonio, but couldn’t expand on why or who detectives were interested in interviewing". Also mentioned in another interview was the Police saying they could not be completely transparent with the public in order to protect the investigation. Looks like they have some information. My instinct is that they may be interested in interviewing CH. ALL MOO

Last edited:
Agreed. 100%

And the fact that this is still unresolved 2+months later, suggests a skilled/experienced perpetrator.
Tragically I agree
It's hard to believe in a random abduction, for all the reasons stated, imo. He isn't the type for most predators, and he wasn't afaik executing a routine that could have been studied and stalked.

What are the odds that the rare someone who had the size/nerve/skills/inclination to publicly abduct a grown man happened to go down that exact street at the exact right time, etc, etc?
Thoroughly look at the missing men from that area and also the news report of a man allegedly being drugged and robbed when showing up to a hookup right before Caleb went missing (both subjects repeatedly discussed in this thread) and then tell me how ya feel...

I am still hung up on why a good looking, personable young man like CH from a stable, loving family would move into the dark and dangerous world of hook ups. I find it hard to believe that if he was doing this ( this not being the first time), that his room mates have no suspicion that it was going on. I think that the complete silence on the part of the family, friends and room mates is to protect him and them from the judgements of friends, and church family. That is why I so much hope and pray this is a voluntary disappearance. MOO MOO MOO

Because it's thrilling, non-judgemental, no strings, accessible, fun, exciting, taboo. There's a ton of reasons someone would do it. I don't think it's any more likely for someone not from a stable home background to do it, or any less likely from a stable one. MOO

I agree on the silence, it's likely roommates have been asked not to speak on social media etc out of respect and privacy
MOO
exactly, orangecash!!

people have always been that way and will always be interested in doing those things, regardless of looks, social skill level, position in society, job, etc.

OK, I know this may sound bizzare. We have heard all about the roommates searching for him, and calling the Police, but what was not mentioned, was something like "they tried called his phone repeatedly", or even "they called his phone" and there was no answer. They may well have called, however information like this is typically included in media reporting. I firmly believe the roommates are innocent. I also believe they have thoughts on what may have happened, which they would have likely shared with LE.

The Police very quickly honed in on two locations,
"Collier said the investigation has led the team to both New Braunfels and San Antonio, but couldn’t expand on why or who detectives were interested in interviewing". Also mentioned in another interview was the Police saying they could not be completely transparent with the public in order to protect the investigation. Looks like they have some information. My instinct is that they may be interested in interviewing CH. ALL MOO

the roommates have been cleared, and i firmly believe they'd tell the cops everything they know, ya know?

The requests for hookups that are supposedly Caleb included wanting to meet up with women. So much attention has been given to a possible same sex hookup, but it could very well have been a woman, used to lure him to an area, where her male accomplices were lying in wait to rob him. This has happened a lot recently where I live. Maybe something went wrong and Caleb was accidentally killed and then dumped. Maybe they were mad he didn't have anything worth stealing on him? My opinion only.

MAY 9, 2024
"The possibility of foul play being a factor in the disappearance of Caleb Harris is certainly one of several possibilities that the investigative team is considering," CCPD said.

After reading through posts here, and that Police are encouraging people to report sightings, it looks to me like CH may jsut needed to get away. MOO.
That’s an awful lot of resources in terms of state and local law enforcement, FBI and US Marshals office, digital forensics lab work, not to mention search teams, volunteers, reward money, and immense pain and suffering on the part of his parents and family, for an adult male who simply wanted to get away to enact. You’d think he’d come forward due to conscience. I sure hope this scenario isn’t the reality, because it reflects badly on him.

Last edited:
That’s an awful lot of resources in terms of state and local law enforcement, FBI and US Marshals office, digital forensics lab work, not to mention searchers and immense pain and suffering on the part of his parents and family, for an adult male who simply wanted to get away to enact. You’d think he’d come forward due to conscience. I sure hope this scenario isn’t the reality, because it reflects badly on him.
I really want to believe that school was not going well for him, he staged things (taking dog out, ordering food, planning fishing trip) etc and left. Perhaps he's not aware of all the resources being used to find him, since he's not on his phone???? The longer he's gone, the harder it would be for him to come back home? I really want him alive and missing on his own.

Where would he go? Would he have had help? WHO would have helped?

Just brainstorming out loud. MOO.

I really want to believe that school was not going well for him, he staged things (taking dog out, ordering food, planning fishing trip) etc and left. Perhaps he's not aware of all the resources being used to find him, since he's not on his phone???? The longer he's gone, the harder it would be for him to come back home? I really want him alive and missing on his own.

Where would he go? Would he have had help? WHO would have helped?

Just brainstorming out loud. MOO.
Of course if he left on his own, it’s to be desired because the likelihood of him being safe and alive is vastly higher. But he’d need help, and the helpers would surely relay to him what’s in the media. I can’t imagine him willfully pulling a hoax of this magnitude. Unless he’s in Mexico and no one is paying attention to US media? This case is perplexing, because we have no way of knowing just what law enforcement is thinking, or where their investigation has led them.

Last edited:
Of course if he left on his own, it’s to be desired because the likelihood of him being safe and alive is vastly higher. But he’d need help, and the helpers would surely relay to him what’s in the media. I can’t imagine him willfully pulling a hoax of this magnitude. Unless he’s in Mexico and no one is paying attention to US media? This case is perplexing, because we have no way of knowing just what law enforcement is thinking, or where their investigation has led them.
You make a lot of good points. If he's in Mexico (for example), you're right, that he may not be aware of US media coverage... and may have had no concept of how "big" this case would be.

I know I'm probably being naive and "head in the sand-ish" - Heck... I was blown away finding out the truth about Nicholas Francisco all those years ago! LOL!

Has there been any suggestion of instability? From the family, friends, or LE?

I'm just thinking of him being up all night ahead of a full day of classes and fishing. Sleeplessness can be just something you do when you're young, but it can also indicate manic episodes.

I'm thinking of Chelsea Grimm, who had odd behaviour on her road journey to a wedding and then vanished completely.

MOO

If Caleb is alive and living in Mexico or somewhere else, voluntarily, then I think he and others around him would have access and be following U.S. media. I think that would make it worse if he was trying to hide somewhere to try to start a new life. Seeing his father on social media and knowing what his family is going through would be heartbreaking for him, and put him more at risk of self-harm, IMO. I think of what LE said from the very beginning of this case, that this is a missing person with endangerment. Caleb is at the age when schizophrenia might appear in a person, so if he did leave voluntarily to get away from things, it may be very hard for him to return due to guilt and remorse. Possibly this is what LE means by missing with endangerment.

But I think it is more likely that Caleb's being "missing with endangerment" is related to foul play.

JMO.

If Caleb is alive and living in Mexico or somewhere else, voluntarily, then I think he and others around him would have access and be following U.S. media. I think that would make it worse if he was trying to hide somewhere to try to start a new life. Seeing his father on social media and knowing what his family is going through would be heartbreaking for him, and put him more at risk of self-harm, IMO. I think of what LE said from the very beginning of this case, that this is a missing person with endangerment. Caleb is at the age when schizophrenia might appear in a person, so if he did leave voluntarily to get away from things, it may be very hard for him to return due to guilt and remorse. Possibly this is what LE means by missing with endangerment.

But I think it is more likely that Caleb's being "missing with endangerment" is related to foul play.

JMO.
Yes, agreed. I sure hope there is a break in this case soon.

The requests for hookups that are supposedly Caleb included wanting to meet up with women. So much attention has been given to a possible same sex hookup, but it could very well have been a woman, used to lure him to an area, where her male accomplices were lying in wait to rob him. This has happened a lot recently where I live. Maybe something went wrong and Caleb was accidentally killed and then dumped. Maybe they were mad he didn't have anything worth stealing on him? My opinion only.
Yes, women have lured men with promises of sex only to rob them at gunpoint, with or without the help of male accomplices. Presumably law enforcement explored that idea as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173