TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa! That never clicked for me. Maybe the dog was found outside in the morning or sometime and possibly thats why the roommates called police so promptly. Because why dog randomly outside etc and that Caleb also had not returned or was with the dog.

Do we know if Jenny was in the apartment when the roommates woke up? Or did they find her when or was she returned upon waking? I'm having a mental blank on that detail.
I think if the dog was outside, we would have heard about it from Caleb’s dad.

Anyone know how far Caleb lived from the person with the ring cam?
“About five town homes down the way, one of the girls went back and there was a [surveillance] video at about 1:00 with him, his roommate, and future roommate walking the dog,” said Randy.

Whoa! That never clicked for me. Maybe the dog was found outside in the morning or sometime and possibly thats why the roommates called police so promptly. Because why dog randomly outside etc and that Caleb also had not returned or was with the dog.

Do we know if Jenny was in the apartment when the roommates woke up? Or did they find her when or was she returned upon waking? I'm having a mental blank on that detail.
The roommates called LE because the Uber Eats order that Caleb ordered the night before was still at the front door.

This is currently the only reference I can find to that question. Notice how vague and lacking in detail it is,

"Harris' father, Randy Harris, told ABC Corpus Christi affiliate KIII "that his dog returned home but his son never did. He left behind his keys, wallet, and vehicle, police said. He did have his phone but it has since turned off, police said".( Of note it was a room mates dog, not CH). I think 'His dog returned home' is very vague. How did the dog return home? When? Who? where did they find the dog?

Last edited:
I think if the dog was outside, we would have heard about it from Caleb’s dad.
The Dad Harris' father, Randy Harris, told ABC Corpus Christi affiliate KIII that his dog returned home but his son never did. He left behind his keys, wallet, and vehicle, police said. He did have his phone but it has since turned off, police said. Notice how vague and lacking in detail this statement is. "How when and who" are missing!

The Dad Harris' father, Randy Harris, told ABC Corpus Christi affiliate KIII that his dog returned home but his son never did. He left behind his keys, wallet, and vehicle, police said. He did have his phone but it has since turned off, police said. Notice how vague and lacking in detail this statement is. "How when and who" are missing!
Why would he call the dog Caleb's? I thought the dog belonged to the girlfriend of either a roommate of Caleb's or someone who lived in the same complex? Can someone clarify?

Why would he call the dog Caleb's? I thought the dog belonged to the girlfriend of either a roommate of Caleb's or someone who lived in the same complex? Can someone clarify?
I believe from the latest interview that it was an elderly woman (grandmother) who could no longer take care of the 8 year old dog "Jenny" because she could no longer handle it. Caleb and roommates were all going to take care of the dog for her.

My thoughts: Caleb went out side barefoot, took the dog with him. The plan was to just possibly do an exchange of some kind, "maybe uppers, or something" . the exchange happens, then he starts back towards his apartment...while walking someone in the complex grabs him (maybe for the package he jsut got, or maybe bad blood) those people take dog back knowing that would easier to find...And Caleb never left the apartment complex that night....

Agree with all.

However, unfortunately there is some doubt about your first paragraph, because the same was said about the silence in the Summer Wells case. Posters kept saying that the silence meant an arrest was pending. That was 3 years ago and it never led to any break of any kind.

Ditto the Sebastian Rogers case. Silence on the part of law enforcement can mean they’re working on something; but sometimes it means they’ve hit a dead end, all leads led nowhere, and the case has grown c LEold.

Silence for a couple of weeks can mean that a big break is coming. But if it drags on too long, it’s usually not a good sign.
In the Summer Welles case, IMHO, LE has a suspect but no body. They won't rule out anyone, so I think they have some evidence but not enough without the body. They aren't going to discuss it until they make an arrest.
I haven't followed the Rogers case but it's a fairly recent disappearance so I think it's way too early to say one way or another.
With all the resources being used in Caleb's case... I think that LE believes they have something intriguing that's worth investigating.

Jenny is an 8 year old dog...

I generally agree with all you say.

However, as a college professor and a student of both suicide and homicide, I can say that cheerfulness is common in students who are suicidal. There's academic literature on this.

I think sending the money to the CIA or its subsidiaries is not the best lead.

I do think there's lots more known by LE and that this case is leading somewhere (although we may never know). I don't think it's drugs/gangs/cartels.

It is my opinion that there are far more persons skulking around college campuses than "random place in the US." I also think that the typical behavior of American college students leads to some vulnerabilities that attract such bad actors. Everyone knows that there's less active LE during the wee hours of the morning. That's when a variety of things go down.

There are likely viable leads - but perhaps too many of them. Every person in that apartment complex should be suspect, as well as all the nearby residents. It's a lot for LE to process. But what else is to be done? Unless Caleb actually told his roommates exactly where he was going after he returned the puppy to the apartment, it's pretty open-ended.

I could say a lot more about public messaging, but right now, the goal has to be to find the person or persons who made Caleb disappear.

IMO

"The puppy returned to the apartment, but CH did not". CH Dad's words, and further the Police timeline omits the puppy being returned. The wording strongly suggest that they at least do not know, or are unwilling to say who returned the dog, when the puppy returned, how the dog was returned. where the puppy was found, was it inside the apartment , or outside and returned by a resident? Very vague wording. Deliberately vague wording? MOO

I am still hung up on why a good looking, personable young man like CH from a stable, loving family would move into the dark and dangerous world of hook ups. I find it hard to believe that if he was doing this ( this not being the first time), that his room mates have no suspicion that it was going on. I think that the complete silence on the part of the family, friends and room mates is to protect him and them from the judgements of friends, and church family. That is why I so much hope and pray this is a voluntary disappearance. MOO MOO MOO

The room mates may have ahd a suspicio as they contacted the college LE security after a brief search. CH is twenty one years old, it would typically not be alarming if a twenty one year old was not seen around for a few hours. They may have been very concerned.

“About five town homes down the way, one of the girls went back and there was a [surveillance] video at about 1:00 with him, his roommate, and future roommate walking the dog,” said Randy.

Thanks PommyMommy,

Next questions:
Who is Caleb's future roommate?
Who dropped the dog off at Caleb's apartment that night at 10 PM?

In the Summer Welles case, IMHO, LE has a suspect but no body. They won't rule out anyone, so I think they have some evidence but not enough without the body. They aren't going to discuss it until they make an arrest.
I haven't followed the Rogers case but it's a fairly recent disappearance so I think it's way too early to say one way or another.
With all the resources being used in Caleb's case... I think that LE believes they have something intriguing that's worth investigating.
Good points. I hope there will be a break soon in Caleb’s case.

How long has Jenny, the dog, been living at the apartment???? (Long enough to know how to find the apartment on her own, if that was the situation????)

"The puppy returned to the apartment, but CH did not". CH Dad's words, and further the Police timeline omits the puppy being returned. The wording strongly suggest that they at least do not know, or are unwilling to say who returned the dog, when the puppy returned, how the dog was returned. where the puppy was found, was it inside the apartment , or outside and returned by a resident? Very vague wording. Deliberately vague wording? MOO

I think Caleb's father was saying that Caleb brought the dog back to the apartment and then must have gone out again, maybe to watch for the food delivery person. I didn't hear RH imply anything odd about the dog being back in the apartment, but that he assumed that Caleb took the dog back to the apartment. JMO.

MAR 12, 2024
His family told Fox News that they received Snapchats from Caleb about 2:45 a.m. when he went to take his new dog for a walk. The family then says that he put the dog back inside the apartment and went outside to wait for Uber Eats order to arrive.

MAR 20, 2024
Randall Harris told KENS 5 his son took his dog for a walk at about 2:45 a.m. on Mar. 4. Caleb then let his dog back inside, Randall said.

MAR 21, 2024
According to loved ones, Caleb let his dog back inside.

APR 2, 2024
The 21-year-old was last seen in the early hours of March 4 after he walked his dog just before 3 a.m. His father, Randy Harris, said Caleb returned home with the dog, then left again and has not been seen since.

MAY 3, 2024
At about 2:44 a.m., Harris shared a Snapchat video with his younger sister that depicted him walking the puppy through what appeared to be the apartment complex parking lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member