TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
Caleb Harris missing person.jpg

According to the CCPD Blotter, 21-year-old Caleb Harris was last seen early in the morning on Monday, March 4 near his apartment complex, located in the 1900 block of Ennis Joslin Rd.

His roommates realized later that morning that they couldn't find him, prompting Harris's family to report him as missing

In the above article, cited by @imstilla.grandma --

"CCPD detectives searching for missing TAMUCC student" *

it says:
"He left behind his keys, car and wallet and his phone is turned off."
Very scary, IMO. Did he decide he didn't need those items anymore? SMH.
Saying a prayer for him & for those who love him -- hoping he is okay & back in his apartment.

Last edited:
It appears there is a piece (s) missing or I'm reading this wrong. He was seen early Monday morning on 3/4 (letting the dog out?) and later his roommates realized he wasn't around the apt. Why were they concerned so early and why call the parents? How were they able to get him as reported missing so quickly?!

Another question- I assume LE knows the answer to this, but where is the dog? Did they make it back in and then $Whatever happened, or did $Whatever happen with both of them out there? If they're both missing, could be a somewhat simple medical episode and the dog has stayed with him. If the dog is accounted for, then back to square one.

Another question- I assume LE knows the answer to this, but where is the dog? Did they make it back in and then $Whatever happened, or did $Whatever happen with both of them out there? If they're both missing, could be a somewhat simple medical episode and the dog has stayed with him. If the dog is accounted for, then back to square one.
This news article states that the dog is at the apartment:
“Harris' father, Randy, said Caleb was last seen at his off-campus apartment complex, The Cottages at Corpus Christi, letting his dog out. The dog is at the apartment, but the New Braunfels native's last known location was a Snapchat ping at 2:45 a.m. Monday.”

Thinking of this young man - such joy is shown in his photos on his fb account

This could just be the wording but for me (from PA) if I " let my dog out" it means I opened the door and let my dog out. Walking the dog means a collar/leash kind of out. IMO.

It appears there is a piece (s) missing or I'm reading this wrong. He was seen early Monday morning on 3/4 (letting the dog out?) and later his roommates realized he wasn't around the apt. Why were they concerned so early and why call the parents? How were they able to get him as reported missing so quickly?!
I would venture a guess that there might have been something going on with him that might lead the friends/roommates to reach out as soon as something was amiss. Maybe they were concerned about him because of something going on in his life (difficult class, recent break up, family issue, whatever) and if this is outside of his norm reacting quickly would be ideal. I know my college kid is very predictable in their habits, if they suddenly weren't around but their car, keys and wallet were, and they weren't active on Snap (or FB or Insta, whatever) and they weren't answering anyone's calls/texts, I could see one of their friends being concerned enough to call me, at least to ask if I had heard from them. But I wouldn't think it would be THAT quickly (I'd think maybe the next day) unless there was already an underlying concern. :(

I do hope he's found quickly and safely!

This is all JMO and based on being a college student very recently.
It's not uncommon for people to come home drunk from the bars in the early hours of the morning, which is what I believe happened here. Maybe Caleb was coming from a party or from a bar, got home, let the dog out, and went outside. The time his phone last pinged really suggests this as a possibility.
I think they should check waterways near by.
Additionally see if he met up with anyone after 2:30 am. Was he snap chatting someone to come over or have him go over etc? This is also very common after a night out.

CCPD confirmed to KSAT that Harrs is from New Braunfels and attends Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi.

He had his phone with him, but it is now turned off, police said.

On Wednesday morning, police said officers were searching for him in the area of Ennis Joslin and South Padre Island Drive.

I am glad the roommate was so proactive in contacting Caleb's parents. It is same with Laken Riley's roommate in contacting the police. As much as the younger generation is disparaged, these are two instances where young people did the right thing. Praying for his safe return.

? How exactly does the "snapchat ping" work? Has it been reported of his location from that snapchat ping? I honestly thought maybe the dog took off and he went to search, dog is back and he isn't. I also thought maybe the roommates realized he was missing because his dog had to go out again and that's when they noticed something off. I too am glad they contacted his family right away. IMO

? How exactly does the "snapchat ping" work? Has it been reported of his location from that snapchat ping? I honestly thought maybe the dog took off and he went to search, dog is back and he isn't. I also thought maybe the roommates realized he was missing because his dog had to go out again and that's when they noticed something off. I too am glad they contacted his family right away. IMO
Snapchat keeps track of your location and has something called "snap map" which shows where somebody is. You can choose to share your location with others or himself. It also shows when that person was last active. My guess is it showed Caleb as being last active around 2:30 am

These are The Cottages mentioned as where he lived. I did a street walk and there doesn't seem to be much traffic or activity in the area. There is a wide open area across the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500