GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #35 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So from brittany a article I just read
http://starlocalmedia.com/allenamer...31e-b3a1-11e4-9240-13f88c3a4b9b.html?mode=jqm
(If someone already posted it then oh well I'm double posting a link for the link lovers)

"Forensic evidence can be misleading and wrong,” said attorney Steve Miears, who with attorney Keith Gore is representing Arochi, in an email. “A suspect’s statements can be erroneous and false indications of guilt

So does the attorney sound like he's implying EA may of lied about christina getting into his car and that's how dna was found but he didn't kill her...?

http://starlocalmedia.com/allenamer...31e-b3a1-11e4-9240-13f88c3a4b9b.html?mode=jqm
(If someone already posted it then oh well I'm double posting a link for the link lovers)

"Forensic evidence can be misleading and wrong,” said attorney Steve Miears, who with attorney Keith Gore is representing Arochi, in an email. “A suspect’s statements can be erroneous and false indications of guilt

So does the attorney sound like he's implying EA may of lied about christina getting into his car and that's how dna was found but he didn't kill her...?

Oh okay, so he wasn't lying, he just made an error in the truth and still has not come forward with the real story
Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up.gif

Libel is a civil procedure and is basically spreading written lies about someone that causes damages.

More specifically:

Sec. 73.001. ELEMENTS OF LIBEL. A libel is a defamation expressed in written or other graphic form that tends to blacken the memory of the dead or that tends to injure a living person's reputation and thereby expose the person to public hatred, contempt or ridicule, or financial injury or to impeach any person's honesty, integrity, virtue, or reputation or to publish the natural defects of anyone and thereby expose the person to public hatred, ridicule, or financial injury.

Sec. 73.005. TRUTH A DEFENSE. The truth of the statement in the publication on which an action for libel is based is a defense to the action.

I'm not sure why there are a few on this board that are quick to accuse the victim's family but I'd suggest any accusations include some type of proof.

Giving proof would be impossible. The moderators will not allow it.

That article has left me speechless, I know I've metaphorically shaken my head before about US attorneys but really ...

"Mr. Gore and I are proud and privileged to represent Enrique.” said Steve Miears.

What, what, what? How can it be a privilege? How can you be proud to represent a proven liar?

Mr Miears certainly has some interesting views, I'd really like to know what SteveS will make of it.

A variation on the "build it and they will come" nonsense; Say it and it will be the truth.

A variation on the "build it and they will come" nonsense; Say it and it will be the truth.

I completely agree with you. Saying something over and over does not make it true. Great point!

What if the family is wrong? How can they ever undo what they have done?

Will they ever accept it if it turns out something completely different happened to CM than whatever they have conjured up in their imaginations?

JMO - they need someone (or someone better) advising them. As foolish as it is to respresent yourself or a loved one in court, it has to be ten times as foolish to try solving your own crime. Any evidence found by the family will be eyed suspiciously by a jury, if it survives being challenged by a defense attorney.

CMs friends and family are picketing in front of EAs parents home?? wow :facepalm:

EA's attorneys are just working from the standard playbook for a defendant who is caught with evidence stacked against him, which basically consists of:
1 Deny (that the evidence or witnesses said what they said, or mean what they mean)
2 Discredit (cast aspersions on the reliability of that sort of evidence, or that witness)
3 Deflect (try to get the focus on something besides the defendant and the evidence itself)

The flip side is the truth that most juries find their way past the attempted distractions, and the bad guys who do get away with crimes tend to do so because of lack of evidence or inept prosecutors. IMO we won't have either of those in the equation here.

Will they ever accept it if it turns out something completely different happened to CM than whatever they have conjured up in their imaginations?

JMO - they need someone (or someone better) advising them. As foolish as it is to respresent yourself or a loved one in court, it has to be ten times as foolish to try solving your own crime. Any evidence found by the family will be eyed suspiciously by a jury, if it survives being challenged by a defense attorney.

The evidence, video and DNA, is pointing to EA. All the family is asking for is for EA to tell what he knows. They won't have anything to undo or have to accept anything different as it relates to EA, because, again, they are asking for him to tell the truth.

Respectfully, what we know & have learned up to this point is certainly nothing "conjured up in their imaginations". The "substantial amount of Christina's DNA found on the trunk mat of Arochi's 2010 Chevrolet Camaro", indicating the presence of blood, is certainly not someone's imagination. Neither are EA's injuries, lies, damage to vehicle, cell phone pings... This is all fact.

http://starlocalmedia.com/allenamer...cle_1793280c-9d2f-11e4-94a7-ff06623ae6a4.html

Yeah, because any woman would jump at the chance to hop in EA's trunk and lie there bleeding, and then disappear.

CMs friends and family are picketing in front of EAs parents home?? wow :facepalm:

Yes.. since EA more than likely knows what happened to their daughter, the hope is that the parents can help EA do the right thing & tell the truth about what happened in the early morning hours of Aug 30, 2014...

Respectfully, what we know & have learned up to this point is certainly nothing "conjured up in their imaginations". The "substantial amount of Christina's DNA found on the trunk mat of Arochi's 2010 Chevrolet Camaro", indicating the presence of blood, is certainly not someone's imagination. Neither are EA's injuries, lies, damage to vehicle, cell phone pings... This is all fact.

http://starlocalmedia.com/allenamer...cle_1793280c-9d2f-11e4-94a7-ff06623ae6a4.html

How is the drug trial going? I would have expected media to be all over that story.

:modstop:

Everyone please take a deep breath. I've had to remove several posts for being personal, blaming the victim/family, telling other's what to post, etc.

If you haven't had a chance to review our TOS, please take the time to do so now:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?159-The-Rules

If there are no new developments in Christina's case, Websleuths has hundreds of pages with similar such cases. Perhaps you could take a few moments and review them.

OTOH, some may benefit by slowly backing away from their computer and come back again tomorrow.

Have a wonderful evening all!

fran
:seeya:

The Arochi's are victims as well, minus the one sitting in jail. Its not like this is an Anthony family coverup or van der Sloot.

jmo

First, the Arochi's may be victims but that is not the fault of Christina or her family. Further, the biggest victim is Christina and her family. <Mod Snip>

The Arochis have lost their child as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Arochis have lost their child as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Arochis know where their child is.. The Morris/McElroy families do not. HUGE difference.. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member