GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #37 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grand Juries usually serve for a period of months. They hear tons of cases. Not just one. So it's not unusual they would hear multiple charges for people. One of my friends in a different county had to go every month for 6 months I think. I can't remember the specifics.
Seems like it would be difficult for the accused. Granted, they might be guilty of everything. But what if they aren't? Or, what if they are truly innocent of one crime, but completely guilty of another.

Gabriel Roxas
@cbs11gabriel
Grand jury indictments are in and being written, but court clerks can't say yet whether #EnriqueArochi has been indicted

Does no bill mean he goes free and can't go before the GJ again for the same offence?

He would be released, but he would still be open to prosecution if they uncover more evidence and want to try again.

Gabriel Roxas
@cbs11gabriel
Grand jury indictments are in and being written, but court clerks can't say yet whether #EnriqueArochi has been indicted

Arghh, bad timing, I need to go out but don't want to miss the decision, I hope I can get a good phone signal.

I just can't imagine how hard today must be for Jonni.

Does no bill mean he goes free and can't go before the GJ again for the same offence?
He could go free, but the prosecution can bring up the case again in front of the GJ as they obtain more evidence (I think this is right).

Double jeopardy only applies to actual trials and not being charged twice for the same crime. However, it doesn't exclude being charged on a state level and a federal level for the same crime depending on circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500