TX TX - Corsicana, near Chambers Creek, UnsFem 2-5, 1052UFTX, clothes, May'77

Hi Molly1967, welcome to Websleuths. I have private messaged you all of the information I could find about your half-sister Ladina, along with links to newspaper clippings about her disappearance.

Dose anyone know what happened to Ladina McCoy she would have been my half sister we have the same dad pled let me know how to find out what happened to her

Molly, sounds like you need a Moderator to start a new thread for your question.

Plenty of helpful folks here, you've landed in a great place.

:sseya:, Laughing

This case breaks my heart, like so many others unidentified children. I couldn't find a match even remotely close to this poor baby.
It sounds like they ruled out a lot of potential matches early on, so hopefully they will update the NamUs case file with names (NamUs UP#14932). As of right now, I can only think of a handful, like Christina Carter, Melissa Highsmith, and Sherise Maggee, who were all taken years prior and may have been kept for a little while before passing. Based on the news articles, I'm thinking they were possibly already ruled out and just haven't been added yet.
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/14932

Does this poor baby have a NamUs page? You would think they would make one... She definitely doesn't deserve this.

What a poor, sweet angel �� Hopefully someone can find her name...

How about pregnant women who went missing in the early 70's? Maybe they could try for a familial match if we made a list?

Hey, I found some newspaper articles about this child on Newspapers.com. I've posted them in an Imgur album, which you can view here: http://imgur.com/a/tBI0v

By the way, one of the articles has a photo of the her cranium. It's a black and white photo, and there's no gore or anything, but I just wanted to give a warning because it might be upsetting to some posters (considering it's a small child). It's the last article in the album.

Yes, Christine Marsh was convicted. I do believe she got out of prison around 1996 or so. I remember being in a restaurant with my dad when he went white as a ghost to see her. He was appalled she was already out of prison. I am not sure how many years after that, but I do know s he died and I hope she rots in hell! I still talk to Barbara's sister. Barbara died before I was born, but she is my cousin. I am related to her Dad's side.

I've been watching and looking at this forum and anything new to be found about this unknown little girl for four years now. My mom and dad were in high school (my dad lived and grew up in the area) at the time this little girl was found and they didn't even know about her, but they both said other little girls were found around Chambers Creek, to think that it could have been a serial killer that is still out there and has never been caught...We have a homicide case in the area that is still unsolved since 1993 and they get coverage about every once in awhile to keep it still in the news. I wished more people in my community also knew about this unknown little girl and have DNA checked to see if we could give her a name. When my mom heard about the clothes the little girl was found wearing, she asked if anyone had checked missing children from Arlington, Texas from the 1970s. She remembers they had a Montgomery Ward store there. Not sure if that is ever enough to go on, considering they also had catalogs that you could buy from, but I'm going to be checking still and maybe find something. I'll also be hoping to give this more exposure soon.

Yes, Christine Marsh was convicted. I do believe she got out of prison around 1996 or so. I remember being in a restaurant with my dad when he went white as a ghost to see her. He was appalled she was already out of prison. I am not sure how many years after that, but I do know s he died and I hope she rots in hell! I still talk to Barbara's sister. Barbara died before I was born, but she is my cousin. I am related to her Dad's side.

Betty is my mom. Carrie died in 1997. Nobody talks about her. I know my mom didn't speak to her for years, but she had been out of prison for awhile when she contacted my mom on her death bed to ask for forgiveness. My step-grandmother kept a weird book with all the newspaper clippings and photos from the case but I'm not sure what happened to it when she died. She tried to show me one time in high school and my mom lost her crap on her and I never saw it again.

Here are some outfits I was able to find from a Montgomery Ward catalogue, maybe she had one of this on? makes me sad thinking that she could've been wearing a Christmas outfit .

Attachments

• Capture+_2021-02-04-17-03-51.png
    Capture+_2021-02-04-17-03-51.png
    737.6 KB · Views: 18
  • Capture+_2021-02-04-16-57-47.png
    Capture+_2021-02-04-16-57-47.png
    696.7 KB · Views: 19
  • Capture+_2021-02-04-16-56-51.png
    Capture+_2021-02-04-16-56-51.png
    721.7 KB · Views: 20
  • Capture+_2021-02-04-16-42-21.png
    Capture+_2021-02-04-16-42-21.png