Found Deceased TX - Crystal Seratte McDowell, 38, Baytown, 25 Aug 2017 #1 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep coming back to the boyfriend due to some of his comments.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

The quote symbol that turns into a check mark is to thank the post.

I agree, I'm not sure if it was her that cancelled that appointment. She supposedly didn't cancel it til around 7:20 and it was a 7:30 appt.

Was this the closing? If so I doubt she was the one who cancelled. There are usually many people involved in a closing including the real estate agent, a loan officer, insurance agent, attorneys, etc.

An ex-hubby plus a new boyfriend in her daily inner circle......sounds like someone was not happy?

Hope the new PI group can help now--I'm feeling bad for her little kids

I keep coming back to the boyfriend due to some of his comments.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

i keep coming back to the Ex and his lack of comments and proactive help. Plus, some people commenting on his FB timeline weren't even aware this was his wife.

I'm also curious whatever happened with that white couple they interviewed found with her car at the Motel 6.

i keep coming back to the Ex and his lack of comments and proactive help. Plus, some people commenting on his FB timeline weren't even aware this was his wife.

I'm also curious whatever happened with that white couple they interviewed found with her car at the Motel 6.

Yes......the "No-tell Motel"!
Is this an area known for drugs?

BBM
It had crossed my mind that LE may have released them not only b/c there wasn't much to charge them with or hold them in custody; but also perhaps LE wanted to let 'em go, then keep them under surveillance, to see where/what/who they go/do/see.
But given the Harvey crisis, that's probably not the case.

Perhaps they really were just unfortunate bumbling idiots in the wrong place at the wrong time.
BTW, do we have a definitive report of whether they were INSIDE the car, or simply near/around the car?

Can you imagine if the delivery guys hauled away the old one and didn't check what was in it?

I assumed that the dishwasher was for her townhouse since she was remodeling.

Although the thought did give me the creeps at first,
dishwashers are actually relatively light, so the extra
weight of a possible body inside would have alerted
anyone (else) removing a dishwasher.

(And I also assumed that the dishwasher text was
in reference to the remodeled TH.)

In a general response to the many comments of the darkness of the billboard photo--
I am thinking that if it were taken from inside her Mercedes - with the tinted glass - it would definitely show up darker.

(However, it still seems pretty durned dark outside...)

Perhaps they really were just unfortunate bumbling idiots in the wrong place at the wrong time.
\

Yep I'm going with that one!

I may be off base on this but I think the guy she was meeting on Friday was for a final walk thru before closing. Since the closing was canceled, so was the walk-thru. But when it came out that the kids school was canceled, I thought the guy she was meeting said she was texting with him UP TO 7:20. I know its a fine point but she may have had a longer text conversation with him. I hope the police have talked to him. I am sorry if I miss understood but that is how I remember it back from beginning of this.

About the old dishwasher being hauled away, I don't think there's a chance that she was in it unless the ex husband himself hauled it away. Anyone else would notice the extra weight and the bumping around of something in it when moved. You would have to know something wasn't right and open it up to look. I just don't think anyone would the chance of getting caught in that way. Only way that would work, if the husband was guilty and disposing of her in that way, would be if he hauled it off himself or the people he had haul it off knew about it and were helping him in his crime.

This topic was just covered in the Savanna Greywind (RIP) case. In order to get a warrant, there has to be the nexus of a crime. As far as I know this is still classified as a missing persons case. There is really nothing to say that she simply didn't walk away. There has been no blood, no ransom demand, no evidence found (that we know of, anyway) etc. It can be very frustrating, especially for those who do not believe in a million years that she would walk away, but that is the law, according to news reports with LE that I watched on the SG case.

I am not surprised that they are calling off the actual physical search, if they have nothing to go on. After this amount of time, with no real leads (again, that we know of) where do they search? Especially with the vast majority of their force tied up in the aftermath of a natural disaster. I haven't seen any news report that they did or did not find her phone, but I may have missed that. If they did, then they are investigating any leads that that may bring, and if not, well...they are waiting for some kind of information to come in, or for them to find, to lead them to a place to physically search. I have no doubt this doesn't mean they are shelving the case, just halting search parties. IMO.

I still can't shake the feeling that perhaps the text messages sent supposedly from her may have been from someone else. Namely the BF. When I read the mumbo jumbo about the phones, giving her one of his, etc. it left a bad taste in my mouth. I may be barking up the wrong tree entirely, but I can't shake the thought that he perhaps manipulated her phone somehow. It wouldn't be the first time a case has gone down that path. I think I suspect this for a few reasons.
1. People that know her personally have said that the texts did not reconcile with her style of writing/speaking. The "He's Dreamy" etc.
2. Now, this is just my gut feeling and opinion, but I think the whole 'he's so wonderful' series of texts sounds like him posing as her. To make himself sound SO great and her SO in love with him that nobody would expect any monkey business from him. It is a bit over the top, for a grown woman who seems level-headed and business-like in most other ways. It just seems teeny bopper-ish to me or perhaps the way a guy would think women talk about their boyfriends. Like I said, it is just a gut feeling and if I am wrong I'll own my error.
3. I don't want to personalize this but I'm sure I am not the only one who has been in a relationship with a clingy, can't do enough for you, wants to move too fast relationship. Mine was right after my divorce and although I appreciated this person tremendously, I had just gotten out of a disastrous marriage and wanted to keep things on a fun level but not wholly committed to someone else right away. You have this guy putting a billboard up for her, taking care of her phone problems, partaking in family vacation plans, etc. On one hand it can feel great, but there is a thin line between that and smothering. Yes, she said she was happier than ever, but still living with the ex, emotions can be tangled. Maybe, just maybe, she told the BF she loved having fun with him and appreciated his generosity but needed some space to figure out who SHE was independent of either man. If this guy is head over heels with her and as clingy as he makes me feel he is, then he could likely be distraught and perhaps disgruntled. I have been there. I ended up with a stalker, which colors my opinion I am sure, but I'm getting that vibe for some reason. ALL MY OPINION.
4. There are other niggling things that don't sit well here. The LE talking about how they needed the whole video right from his system, which leads me to think that perhaps they suspect the stills don't tell the whole story.
5. Inserting himself so deeply into this. Now that might be a non-issue and completely normal. But declaring his innocence at the same time, when there is no crime even known for him to be guilty of, hmmm.
6. Yes, I have probably read too many WS cases and watched too much ID. But, every case I watched or read about on here was real. These things happen. And I am not saying I think this guy is complicit in Crystal's disappearance, just that if we find out he was, I wouldn't be shocked.

The dreamy and wonderful texts between crystal and brad were a few days before she disappeared. She was obviously deep in lust/love and playful mood with this friend. Each friendship is different and I act/say different things with different people all the time.

Also, she has an ex who doesn't seem financially secure without her and aBF who is probably gifting her jewelry.

I think we need video of bf leaving house and arriving to store to just tick and tie this up and leave him out of the equation.

Now tbh I'd like to walk down a rabbit hole....could ex have hired someone to take her Out?

Her uncle after speaking to EX and feeling his story made no sense

I was wondering why the EX didn't report her missing. I would think his phone records would show multiple attempts to call her, several text, and some voice mail messages.

I was wondering why the EX didn't report her missing. I would think his phone records would show multiple attempts to call her, several text, and some voice mail messages.

It's the biggest hole in this entire case IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members