TX TX - Dallas, WhtMale 20-25, 1244UMTX, hanged in motel room, billfold w/ "PJK" initials, May'86

Bumping. I tried darkening the sketch some.

Attachments

• D774F6E4-EE59-42D6-860C-5ADFBDB1CD20.jpeg
    D774F6E4-EE59-42D6-860C-5ADFBDB1CD20.jpeg
    62.7 KB · Views: 5

Attachments

• 363A04E6-642D-4C76-9490-DDEEB4E424FA.png
    363A04E6-642D-4C76-9490-DDEEB4E424FA.png
    363.7 KB · Views: 4
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/k/kula_richard.html

I have been all over the web/ancestry and can't find anything on him, except he was born in Chicago. But the looks are good/demographics spot on.

I am wondering if we can't get a more realistic look at the freckles, especially any larger ones. That would help a ton.

Was this guy Richard Kula ruled out. He looked pretty good to me.

BBM
Good brainstorming tatertot,
Raising questions gets one into the mindset of the person involved. In my opinion the bolded areas are very important to consider.
Wallet may not be his but could lead to a family member.
While it is the norm to leave the state or go far away to 'disappear' it is unusual for someone to leave for the specific purpose of committing suicide in a different location. The suicide is a deliberate act of seeking attention and or/ simply wanting a situation to 'die' not actually wanting to kill of ones self. Even in the cases of extreme self hatred and desire to commit suicide there is the element according to studies of getting back at someone and wanting them to hurt by seeing or knowing of their suicide. I may not be explaining this clearly. I am sleep deprived at the moment. People are not like animals with respect to death. We do not relish the thought of being off alone in death. In the suicides far from home, it is generally one who left to escape a situation or life only to find where they are is no better and they feel hopeless. But again, to leave sole for the purpose of committing suicide is out of the norm (whatever that means). These are studies of behavior psyche and I do not claim to understand them.

The fake ID and no dl could mean he was either running from the law or from his past which generally includes some family. It is a very sad situation.

My Opinion Only!!!

I think there are many people that just disappear and Deliberately go kill themselves.

People that have been unhappy and depressed their entire lives that nothing or no one can make them happy.

People that their last family or some loved one suddenly died and they can’t deal with it.

People that live with the constant fear of disappointing others family parents, siblings, etc and if they disappoint that person or persons their world collapses.

Someone that has lost everything and there is no purpose or reason to live.

Someone that accidentally kills someone and is afraid of getting caught.

Someone that has committed a crime and does not want to get caught.

Someone ( this was more in the past when it was less accepted) that was attracted to the same sex and they felt something was wrong with them because of what was expected.

Someone who’s marriage collapses and it gets cheated on and they no longer feel worthy.

Someone that finds out they have a terminal disease or tired of dealing with a disease.

There are a so so so many reasons why people would just go out of their way to another state to commit suicide in a hotel room under a totally different name with no identification or clue as who they are.

This is an old but pretty good article
Why New York Draws People Looking to Commit Suicide -- New York Magazine - Nymag

MAY 8, 2008
The Mysteries of the Suicide Tourist
By Phil Zabriskie

Also, Scott Lyons Jacobs is the right height and age, his DLC is reasonably close to the UID's DOD, and he also had depression issues. And more interesting - His clothing description includes a "Black Digital Casio Watch". The UID's personal effects included a "Black Casio Digital Watch"

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/j/jacobs_scott.html
1244umtx1.jpg
jacobs_scott.jpg

However, he is 56 lbs too heavy, and has brown eyes (The UID's Eyes are Blue/Grey)

I am bumping up SJ's case and wondering about him for this UID. I don't feel strongly about it, since some things don't match, but I think we should continue to ponder it. It probably wouldn't be that complicated for them to compare the dental records, right? I feel sorry for both of these young men! (Or for him if it actually was a match...)

Has anybody considered Dermot Faulkner Kelly as a possibility for this Doe?

Dermot Faulkner Kelly – The Charley Project

Height (6’0) and weight (150lbs) roughly match, as well as hair and eye colour. I know the date is quite far off as Dermot was last seen in January 1972 at the age of 16 which would make him 29 in May 1986 (as he had a July birthday) - but age estimates have been wrong before! It was initially suspected that Dermot had drowned, but in 1973 the Kelly family's doctor's wife thought she saw Dermot in Chicago. This sighting was never confirmed, but it led his parents to believe he hadn't drowned but had run away from home instead. What really struck me was that “a few days prior to his disappearance, Dermot had said he wanted to go away and make a new life for himself… His family believed he left of his own accord and possibly have embarked on a transient lifestyle, traveling around the country and working odd jobs.

The Charley Project also notes that Dermot’s father stated that Dermot was troubled by what he saw as inequities and hypocrisy in society. This feels relevant to include in terms of what Dermot’s mindset may have been like, but this is just my speculation.

What do you think?

hello, seeking information on David Kipp. I think of him often and found this post. I lived across the street from him In California Growing up. He left for the air force months before I did. He got stationed in Japan and I went to Germany. Last I saw him was at lackland AFb, after we both had graduated from basic Training in spring of 1983. How did he end up in ft worth texas?

hello, seeking information on David Kipp. I think of him often and found this post. I lived across the street from him In California Growing up. He left for the air force months before I did. He got stationed in Japan and I went to Germany. Last I saw him was at lackland AFb, after we both had graduated from basic Training in spring of 1983. How did he end up in ft worth texas?
There is a Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base in Forth Worth, so maybe he was based there. I really have no idea. All I know is what can be found in here David Clayton Kipp – The Charley Project

He has his own thread, but also there isn't much info more then in his missing file.

Maybe you even know more about him then we do. Any idea if his family is still around?

There is a Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base in Forth Worth, so maybe he was based there. I really have no idea. All I know is what can be found in here David Clayton Kipp – The Charley Project

He has his own thread, but also there isn't much info more then in his missing file.

Maybe you even know more about him then we do. Any idea if his family is still around?

Not sure if his parents are still alive, they sold their home in Cali and moved to Mechanicsburg, PA years ago. He has two sisters I believe are still in California, going to post to Charlie project.

If it’s the same David C. Kipp, looks like he bought a house 11/8/1985 In Tarrant county, then 4 months later reported missing. Something isn’t right.

Attachments

• 6C4828D3-B222-44F5-B634-6C5459F93EBE.jpeg
    6C4828D3-B222-44F5-B634-6C5459F93EBE.jpeg
    120.6 KB · Views: 19
Just a crazy suggestion but it hasn't been made before as far as I can tell so I'll throw it out.

What if this was in fact John Smith? I know that's THE name to give when you're hiding your ID especially at a hotel, but it is also a genuine name.

I know it doesn't match the initials on the wallet but I just wanted to make the suggestion. I haven't even checked if there is a missing John Smith.

I know, unlikely but there it is haha

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BBrown
Back