TX TX - Deanna Merryfield, 13, Killeen, 22 July 1990 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
:dance:Just doing the bump with Julessleuther ........:dance::dance:

IIRC she was last seen getting into a car with 2 men who were possibly Hispanic.
That would not be all that unusual for this area. It wouldn't draw extra attention. It would also not be something that would arouse undo suspicion from a stranger that would see her. If she was 5'4", well developed with make-up on she most likely appeared older.

Our Mother was only married once and did not take her husbands name-so she has always been Laurel Ann Merryfield.

Our Grandmother did have family in KY. It is my understanding that they have all passed now.

I really feel there could be a connection with your grandmothers relatives. Deanna was staying with your Grandmother and she was concerned for Deanna because of the interaction that involved Deanna and your step father. I keep thinking about the time that he followed your Grandmother to Skippers house. I don't mean to sound harsh, but I have a feeling she felt your Mom was not protecting Deanna adequately from your step father either. If your Grandmother had relatives in KY, she may also had some good friends.

Protection is a powerful motivation for a parent or grandparent. You also have no idea what else your Grandmother and Deanna discussed while she was living there, or what other secrets (if any) may have been revealed. I can think of absolutely no reason a friend would have called your sisters from Kentucky posing as Deanna. If the case had gotten the national attention of some cases I would think it was a wierdo, trying to get their jollies, but not from a pay phone where family lived.

Round Rock is where part of our family lives now, good memory elepher!!

As far as Skip not being interviewed yet, HA! Well...I'll reserve my judgement (bite my tongue till it bleeds, again). Not sure what the hold up is on that one though.

As far as I remember though, and I might be wrong about this-Skip's father was not around (if you guys are thinking the above mentioned man was his Dad). It always seemed like Skip had all the freedom he wanted, so I'm not sure why he would run away.

He may have run away just long enough to help Deanna run. He may have felt strongly that there was no other way for her to be safe. It could also be a dead end since she had started hanging around an older crowd of friends. The one point that makes me wonder though is that your Grandmother knew where he lived and she may have had Skipper accompany Deanna to where ever she wanted her to go, so that she didn't travel lone.

I am not trying to infer that your Grandmother has lied, but that there is a LOT more to this story than has been told to you. Why did your step father follow your grandmother to Skippers house? He was accused of molesting her. He should not have been any where near her. If I was Deannas Grandmother I would be afraid of that monster and do all I could to protect my grand daughter.

I am new to the Killeen area, having been here for almost two years now. I saw this in the newspaper article that ran in 2008. If LE did indeed talk to Deanna in 1995 without an arrest, it could have been related to an accident, robbery against her, or that she witnessed, an injury inflicted upon her or questioning for some other matter. A key point would be to research this matter until the encounter is explained. If you can determine the reason, you may be able to find clues to her whereabouts now.

I think at this point you have used your resources to the greatest advantage possible. I think you may need to try other means in addition to traditional law enforcement. If you could find a PI in the TX area where the 95 encounter occured it may not take a great amount of time to uncover people who knew her, the reason for the encounter with LE or someone who may have current information on where to find Deanna. A real stumbling point to the effectiveness of traditional law enforcement at this point are two fold. Firstly, I don't think an age enhanced picture of Deanna that is in the final stages should take this long to procure. Something is making me feel very hinky about this. I noticed that one site that someone listed does age enhancements for $99. This would be something that I would gladly help donate to!! Secondly and most importantly, there is no reason that a police officer can not tell you about an encounter with LE that is 14 years old, unless it was a personal medical matter. If that is the case, that heaven forbid Deanna was assaulted or raped, in a mental or general hospital, this would be able to be answered within general terms, without details. ie: Your sister was in a hospital, talked to an officer and released. At that time she was ok etc.

Too many questions for a case that started with a missing 13 year old with one of the largest being the drop of the search after the 1995 LE encounter.

Sorry if any of this offends. That was not my intention in any way, shape or form. I just feel that someone close to your sister has some answers of some kind.

Don't want to speak for Missie, but I can tell you that her grandmother has been working with Sgt D too, cooperating fully, and seems just as concerned about Deanna's wereabouts as Missie is. I really do not feel that her grandmother is involved in some big conspiracy; at this point in time what would she have to gain by not just revealing where Deanna is?

I do agree that there is more to the story than Missie has been told, but I do not necessarily think her grandmother is the one not talking. What does she have to gain? Laurel is dead, Deanna is an adult, Roy is out of the picture.

As far as the Hurst sighting in 1995, I agree that Missie should try to find out more; however, since Deanna was an adult by 1995, the police do not legally have to reveal one ounce of info, unless they do out of compassion.

Missie needs a local TX advocate to help her; someone who was worked with NCMEC and knows the ropes, how to work with local LE etc. IMO, I think Missie is alittle stressed out right now, but we are here if she needs us. Missie, when you are feeling better, can you tell us if Sgt D has any new info? Has he contacted Skipper?

Missie--Do you know how you posted on the Killeen topix about Deanna? Can we do one for the Hurst area topix, as well as Dallas? Just in case? Also in Kentucky?

I was asking people at work, who have lived in Killeen much longer than I have, if they remember when Deanna disappeared Two of them told me that the first time they heard anything was when a newspaper article came out, but they couldn't remember what year it was.

I hope all is well with Missie and her family!

I wish we could get a Killeen newspaper or tv station to do a feature on Deanna!

Hi everyone. Sorry I haven't been around...I have no excuse. I've basically just been waiting for an update and have not gotten one. I've heard that Sgt.D was trying to chase down a lead but it ended up going no where so now he's back to the drawing bored. I wish I had more, but I do not.

Thanks Missie!

OK, time to light a fire under this one. It is time to reevaluate what we have so far, and start actively working on new to do items for Deanna. What is your wish list Missie? What do we have so far?

1. DNA is in national database (CODIS) right? Is this MtDNA? If you don't know, ask Sgt D.

2. Is the age progression done. If not, what do we need to do to get it done? Let's make that our goal before Christmas--an age progression for Deanna.

3. Has anybody new been interviewed/evaluated?

What are we missing? Missie--I know Sgt D does not like us, but we'll make him love us, we are here to help him! Tell him to come here and post!

Tap, tap, tap, is this thing on? Come on people, let's get Deanna and her family reunited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MtDNA is submitted.
I think the hold up with the progression has to do with some stuff Bekki is needing to turn in.
And if anyone new has been interviewed...I don't know, or at least I haven't been told about it.

Ok, thanks Missie! I am glad Mtdna is in---that means that they have not found a match yet!
MtDNA is submitted.
I think the hold up with the progression has to do with some stuff Bekki is needing to turn in.
And if anyone new has been interviewed...I don't know, or at least I haven't been told about it.

When the age progression is complete, what's the circulation going to be like? I mean, where is it going to be displayed? It would be good to get it on display on a more public forum than the missing persons websites on the net, simply because it's unlikely that anyone who knows Deanna today would stumble across them. It would be fantastic if a local newspaper in Killeen could run a story on Deanna with the age progression included, but I don't suppose they would very interested in that idea.

Also, I don't know how Missie feels about this, but I know she has a myspace page set up for Deanna, so how about a facebook group? There's something like 65 million active users on facebook, and if everyone invited their friends etc. then hopefully the group would grow and somebody who knew/knows Deanna would eventually come across it. It's just an idea, but I feel that (especially considering the lack of publicity at the time and now) the more mediums we use to publicize Deanna's disappearence, the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675