TX - Dr. Kendra Hatcher, 35, killed in parking garage, Dallas, 2 Sept 2015 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naw. If BD is the narcissistic person I think she is, she thinks she is smarter than everyone else. Also, IMO, she feels no remorse for what she did because, in her warped mind, she believes she was justified in arranging the execution of KH and feels she is innocent in the matter because she wasn't present during KH's murder. JMO

Narcissists are good at blaming everyone else for their problems and usually consider themselves the victim. BD likely feels persecuted knowing LE is searching for her. MOO
Concur 100%, narcissists see themselves as victims and everyone around them (as far as they are concerned) are to blame. I would guess that if someone is capable of murder, than remorse isn't likely, MOO. I could be very wrong, as no two people are alike. However when someone commits a murder, they have to be mentally unwell IMO. I'm sure many have wretched thoughts of what they'd like to do to those that have wronged them; difference is, the thoughts remain as thoughts, not actions.

As far as I can tell the family didn't help her to cover up the murder. Usually if somebody is charged as an accessory after the fact they did something like help burying the body, or hiding a murder weapon. So I don't see how they could be charged with an accessory after the fact. And she wasn't yet a fugitive because there was no warrant out for her arrest, and she wasn't charged with anything. So they can't be charged with harboring a fugitive.

Perhaps my use of the word "accessory" was incorrect, however I stand by my opinion that anyone who helped BD flee the country could be charged.

BBM below

Aiding and Abetting a Criminal: Read This Before You Decide to Help a Texas Fugitive!

What is Aiding and Abetting?

Aiding and abetting refers to assisting another individual in the commission of a crime. A few of the things that could be considered aiding and abetting are:

Acting as a lookout while a crime is committed
Providing transportation to and from a crime scene. This does not have to include driving, as allowing someone to borrow a vehicle to use for committing a crime will also be considered providing assistance.
Setting up the scene to make it easy for another to commit a crime
Transporting or hiding stolen goods
Hiding a fugitive or helping him to escape
Providing items needed to carry out a crime

- See more at: http://brettpodolsky.com/general-la...to-help-a-texas-fugitive#sthash.CaEp4ZvC.dpuf

Perhaps my use of the word "accessory" was incorrect, however I stand by my opinion that anyone who helped BD flee the country could be charged.

BBM below

Aiding and Abetting a Criminal: Read This Before You Decide to Help a Texas Fugitive!

What is Aiding and Abetting?

Aiding and abetting refers to assisting another individual in the commission of a crime. A few of the things that could be considered aiding and abetting are:

Acting as a lookout while a crime is committed
Providing transportation to and from a crime scene. This does not have to include driving, as allowing someone to borrow a vehicle to use for committing a crime will also be considered providing assistance.
Setting up the scene to make it easy for another to commit a crime
Transporting or hiding stolen goods
Hiding a fugitive or helping him to escape
Providing items needed to carry out a crime

- See more at: http://brettpodolsky.com/general-la...to-help-a-texas-fugitive#sthash.CaEp4ZvC.dpuf

I agree with you they could be charged if they knew, but what was her status when she left? Was she a suspect, did they tell her not to leave? AFAIK LE let her go and didn't keep track of her. It would be suspicious if her family helped her (because obviously they knew what was going on) but depending on what LE told her they might not have broken any laws.

Do people really think it's OK to indulge in violent fantasies toward BD? Do folks really believe that harming BD and throwing things at her in court is appropriate? Maybe it's excused as "venting" but personally I find it offensive and rather insulting to Kendra's memory and to the justice system. JMO

Do people really think it's OK to indulge in violent fantasies toward BD? Do folks really believe that harming BD and throwing things at her in court is appropriate? Maybe it's excused as "venting" but personally I find it offensive and rather insulting to Kendra's memory and to the justice system. JMO
Understood but i think it's people's way to show their disgust in her actions. Don't think there is any true harm meant!

Understood but i think it's people's way to show their disgust in her actions. Don't think there is any true harm meant!
This^
Clearly I would never harm anyone, I certainly think it's always easier to vent via the net with random strangers, doesn't make it ok, but this case has touched so many. I can't fathom the pain that Kendra's family now has to live with.

I would like to hear the red flags that RP's mom saw in BD that would lead her to believe she needed psychiatric help.

Me too. I'm leaning in the camp that BD could be more borderline personality disorder than narcissism. There may have been "freaking out" signs which the mom saw. It'll be interesting to learn of BD's past.

I am going to come clean and reveal I had a lot of sympathy for Betty Broderick (who I don't know if she was BPD). But I did.

I have images of BD investing a lot into RP, in her own mind, and flipping out about perceived abandonment. I didn't please some posters two threads back when I commented about the living together situation, but I still think a maybe marriage/family oriented gal, who grew up in a not so great area, would think living together and sharing bills like cell phones was an investment in her future and she'd get all of the white picket fence stuff.

And on top of that, add things like possibly entering a career to please a spouse and possibly sad things like ending a pregnancy because it's not the right time (all made up in my head, tho), I can see BD just whacking out. Sorry, but I'm old and haven't seen many shared domiciles without the benefit of marriage end well.

Not starting an argument, just my opinion.

If RP somehow was introduced to innocent KH through a BD dental circle, I can see her just flipping out.

It's fascinating to hear everyone's perspective regardless if it's a shared thought or idea. I can't say I'd ever feel for someone because of how much they invested emotionally into a relationship. Things happen and sometimes it's not what we want, but you realize what you're willing to put up with, further down the road, so to speak.

I am thinking of our WS friends in Texas as severe rainfall ahead of Hurricaine Patricia pounds your state (I know Dallas has reportedly already received 5 inches of rain) and far more serious weather conditions are expected once Patricia makes her way towards you. This storm is no joke. Stay safe. :smile:

We have major flooding, and the worst is supposed to be tomorrow & Sunday. 😳

I agree with you they could be charged if they knew, but what was her status when she left? Was she a suspect, did they tell her not to leave? AFAIK LE let her go and didn't keep track of her. It would be suspicious if her family helped her (because obviously they knew what was going on) but depending on what LE told her they might not have broken any laws.

LE statements to the media state that a family member put BD on a bus when they realized that she was a person of interest. They knew. It is my opinion that she confessed to her family and they helped her flee the country with the hope that she'd avoid prosecution. I'd call that a fairly clear case of aiding and abetting. MOO.

I am thinking of our WS friends in Texas as severe rainfall ahead of Hurricaine Patricia pounds your state (I know Dallas has reportedly already received 5 inches of rain) and far more serious weather conditions are expected once Patricia makes her way towards you. This storm is no joke. Stay safe. :smile:

Thank you! This storm is pretty bad. I was heading out today with my daughter to visit my parents, but I checked Facebook first and saw that the Interstate leading into my hometown was starting to flood. It's since been shut down. My hometown is flooded, and while my current town isn't yet, there's still a lot more rain coming tonight. Parents are fine, thankfully.

Sorry, I'll go back on topic, just wanted to thank you for your concern. :) In regards to BD's family being charged for helping her flee to Mexico, I don't know if they can be, because she wasn't charged with anything when she left. I don't see how she could be considered a "fugitive" if they let her go home and didn't even bother to keep an eye on her.

In my dealings with various narcissists, I would consider BD to be a malignant narcissist. These types use their "supply" (CC, in this case) to carry out their crimes. Malignant narcissist truly feel justified in arranging or committing murder, if they perceive a wrong has been done to them. The key difference in the malignant variety is that they feel no empathy for their grave misdeeds. Although, I can't rule out sociopathic tendencies for BD.

IMO, if BD were simply a narcissist, she would have moved on to new supply after RP met KH.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malignant_narcissism

It will be interesting to see BD's reaction during the trial and verdict. In another recent local case, Melinda Muniz cried only when she was given life in prison without parole for murdering a 2 year old. I actually suspect BD would laugh during victim impact statements or smile in her upcoming mugshot. JMO.

LE statements to the media state that a family member put BD on a bus when they realized that she was a person of interest. They knew. It is my opinion that she confessed to her family and they helped her flee the country with the hope that she'd avoid prosecution. I'd call that a fairly clear case of aiding and abetting. MOO.

Definitely agree with you! Also, BD's mom was quoted in saying that she didn't know where BD was. Surely, LE spoke to BD's mom at least once in regards to her whereabouts. Not sure if her mother told the same thing to LE or not, but there could also be repercussions if she withheld info from LE.

I surely don't. I find them incredibly disturbing. LE reads these forums. Those types of posts could be considered threatening. I know I am concerned when I read them. There is justice, and then there is vigilantism. The latter is frightening. MOO.

I surely don't. I find them incredibly disturbing. LE reads these forums. Some posts could be considered threatening. I know I am concerned when I read them. There is justice, and then is vigilantism. The latter is frightening. MOO.
Thanks for pointing that out, as many don't realize just how many read this or who is reading. People get carried away without taking into account that we are all strangers and all we have are our words. I'll certainly be more mindful from here on out. :doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

I surely don't. I find them incredibly disturbing. LE reads these forums. Those types of posts could be considered threatening. I know I am concerned when I read them. There is justice, and then there is vigilantism. The latter is frightening. MOO.

LE has other things to worry about than some posts where someone says they are dreaming of throwing things at a fugitive alleged murder plot mastermind.

This article by the Texas District and County Attorneys Association is incredibly informative in regard to extradition from Mexico. Recommended.

http://www.tdcaa.com/journal/update-pursuit-fugitives-who-flee-mexico
Please correct me if I am wrong. From this link the part that would apply to BD is near the bottom. It refers to Article 4, as MSM is reporting that she was born in Mexico. Here is a link to Article 4 as previously been posted: https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/files/cj/article4.pdf https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/files/cj/article4.pdf
What I am getting from this is:
1. She will not be extradited back to the US.
2. She will be tried in Mexico, under Mexican law.
3. There will be no jury only a judge presiding over the case.
4. The trial will be closed, and probably will not have any physical witnesses only documents.
5. If found guilty she will be spend from 20-50 years in a Mexican prison.
I don't know if I am interpreting it correctly. This is the first that I have ever looked into anything to do with extradiction.
If there is any hint that Mexico is going to try her case, IMO her best bet would be to head back to the US and take her chances with the US courts. My understanding is the Mexican prisons are far worse than the US prisons.
Again please correct me if I am misunderstanding what I am reading.

This thread is getting a bit long. A new thread is being generated and in ten minutes this one will close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member