TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris Co, Jan 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The part about Sergio suspecting his father of being involved was a surprise to me! It looks like the father has been cleared though.

To me the police must doggedly follow up on that truck--- that is the only tangible clue they have
Hopefully the reward will bring Some tips. This is a horrible murder -I believe whoever it was, male or
Female really hated her. It could even be some obsessed stranger who stalked her
--

Investigation Discovery: On the Case with Paula Zahn
Rosemary and I interviewed with Paula Zahn and her team on June 7, 2022. They interviewed quite a few people close to her and the case.

UPDATE October 28, 2022

On Sunday October 30th, at 9PM CST the On the Case With Paula Zahn show about Liz will air. The show is on Investigation Discovery Channel.

Special Note: The episode description may be wrong on your channel guide - but here is the correct information:
S25 E8 · A Fairy Tale Ruined New 60 min · Oct 30, 2022
THANKS! I needed that reminder. I'm watching now through Amazon Prime.

Bear in mind that from what I understand this episode was recorded in early summer BEFORE Arrin Stoner's video on the sheriff's report but there are differences. One is the investigator states Elizabeth was hit ALL FOUR times. The report states she was hit THREE times. I can't explain that difference. Then the show states that Sergio DID NOT point to anyone when the report states that he did.

Then there is the insurance payout of $250K with a double indemnity clause in the case of murder.

This case is FAR more complex on the SURFACE than it appears. I'll bet when the culprit is caught it will be simplistic.

Not sure what to think after watching. The life insurance was interesting for sure!

Yes it is interesting- I don't think it is the husband since law enforcement did a deep dive into his life and could find nothing. They also gave him a polygraph which he passed . The police seemed to have ruled out everybody that were persons of interest.
I repeat: the police need to follow up doggedly on the only clue they have: that truck--it would seem to me technology could somehow help find more information about that truck: maybe there is something unusual about it, a sticker somewhere, something about it that would make it different and stand out-- I know they were not able to get the license plate info, but do they not have technology that could magnify it to a point where they could at least read a few numbers or letters on the plate. I don't know if that can be done or not but I would think it could.

This murder is one of the worst I have ever heard of: A totally innocent victim, where the perpetrator actually walks up her in a costume and shoots her four times- the last shot when she was on the ground, to her head. They must find this individual. Her husband and her family need some closure.

<<A totally innocent victim, where the perpetrator actually walks up her in a costume and shoots her four times- the last shot when she was on the ground, to her head. >>

I'm a little surprised that someone this cold-blooded wouldn't have done something similar again. It might behoove investigators to check through murders and other serious/felony crimes since Liz's murder and see if any of them are connected to that unusual truck.

<<A totally innocent victim, where the perpetrator actually walks up her in a costume and shoots her four times- the last shot when she was on the ground, to her head. >>

I'm a little surprised that someone this cold-blooded wouldn't have done something similar again. It might behoove investigators to check through murders and other serious/felony crimes since Liz's murder and see if any of them are connected to that unusual truck.
What is unusual about the truck?

I just started following & am catching up. Thanks!

What is unusual about the truck?

I just started following & am catching up. Thanks!

That is the question- is there anything unusual about this truck?. I have watched lots of crime shows (like See No Evil for example) where a vehicle was seen on CCTV leaving the crime scene and they were able to identify that particular vehicle by a sticker of some sort or some other unusual identifier---- just thinking out loud.

IIRC not a common make or model. Especially in the land of Chevys and Fords.

The police really need to be aggressive in following up on that truck- You point out that it is not a common make or model so that should actually help them---they need to get auto experts to help them--- Maybe they are doing this-- I surely don't know.

IMO, MOO, I don't think anyone has been ruled out, but I may be wrong. I'm sure LE is digging deeper... I hope so because this is a solvable brutal crime, and I can't imagine that you would want this type of killer out on our streets to roam around freely...How scary is that!

I think you are right about that- no matter what they said on that TV program, I am sure they have not ruled anybody out----

At this point, I'd bet after following up on cosplay participants and their families AND the Nissan trucks within a 200 mile radius LE has come across and spoken to the killer or someone close to them already. Its just a matter of putting it together.

Bear in mind that from what I understand this episode was recorded in early summer BEFORE Arrin Stoner's video on the sheriff's report but there are differences. One is the investigator states Elizabeth was hit ALL FOUR times. The report states she was hit THREE times. I can't explain that difference. Then the show states that Sergio DID NOT point to anyone when the report states that he did.

Then there is the insurance payout of $250K with a double indemnity clause in the case of murder.

This case is FAR more complex on the SURFACE than it appears. I'll bet when the culprit is caught it will be simplistic.
I didn’t see the P. Zahn piece in this. Can you tell me what report you mention where Sergio points to someone? Thanks.

Need a stat/numbers/computer expert(s) to go thru EVERY vehicle between the years suspected. Of course every one might have multiple owners by now... but I bet some genius could figure it out.
Best chance IMO.

From the video on TV... was the killer running that quickly away or was it the video making it look like it was fast and semi-athletic.

I also noticed on TV... every time they showed the killer in costume HE had hairy arms. Jeez

Need a stat/numbers/computer expert(s) to go thru EVERY vehicle between the years suspected. Of course every one might have multiple owners by now... but I bet some genius could figure it out.
Best chance IMO.

From the video on TV... was the killer running that quickly away or was it the video making it look like it was fast and semi-athletic.

I also noticed on TV... every time they showed the killer in costume HE had hairy arms. Jeez

My eyes aren't good enough to see hairy arms LOL! but I could not agree more that they must do everything to find this vehicle--- other than a tip, which they haven't gotten so far, the truck is the key to solving the crime- I am sure they know that and we can only hope they are doing everything possible to find that darn vehicle!

My belief is that LE is keeping the information/investigation close to the vest as LE should be doing. Though, I may have misunderstood it since I know it was three hits, total of four shots, but I thought the show basically was providing an explanation of how Liz had been shot four times, and were not going into the full details of the gunshots. IMO

The insurance policy is an eye opener and the double indemnity clause in case of murder is a WOW factor! I suspect the beneficiary would be spouse? Who even would know that your work insurance policy would have that type of clause? IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
W4R_DR1V3R