GUILTY TX - Elizabeth Ennen, 15, Lubbock, 5 January 2011

I am sorry for jumping to conclusions so quickly but my first thought was "She never even got dropped off in the first place..."

The whole thing sounds way too sketchy... hotel... dropped off without waiting for her to enter... returning a purse??!

I wonder which school she went to. Lubbock and surrounding areas have a boat load of private schools. Lubbock ISD came back from holiday break on January 4th. She was babysitting on a Wednesday night till 1:30? That's odd, unless she went to a private school that wasn't back in session yet.

IIRC from Hailey in C-City they were not returning until Thursday.

IIRC from Hailey in C-City they were not returning until Thursday.

Even so, till 1:30 the night before school? Maybe I'm old fashioned. :crazy:

I would like to add that if I am thinking of the right area on 84 and the right motel, this Carriage Inn or whatever it is called is NOT in a good area, and is pretty much a flea-bag motel.

FYI- I notified a mod about possibly merging the 2 threads on Elizabeth.
Thank you.

Yes the info thus far is somewhat sketchy, hope more details come out....all is pure speculation right now, I guess.

when my sister and husband drove 150 mile one way to my daughters wedding, and they had 2 total brats. I rented a hotel room for them and hired a nurse. When gifts were opened later, thats all you can hear in the video is screaming kids. So maybe it was like that, or they lost their home?

Hold your children tight. Are we missing more children this year than last? Someone suggested a book on protecting your children, I forget who. but I ordered it for my kids to read. What do we do or what changes should we be making in protecting our children? I'll let you all know what the books is or is about.
maybe no more screens in windows?
get the doggie leash thing. even carrying a child is not safe enough . Leash to self?
We all know to never leave our purse open or out of sight, hold on to it at all times while out. So now we do the same with our children (already shoulda been)
Walk your child to the classroom?
Go on outtings that your child is involved in?
my goodness. No sports? No girl scouts, no 4H. Never again allow a child to walk to a friends house. no staying over night. This makes me crazy.

I see I was typing the general things. babysitting on a school night ???? Im old fashioned with you.

On the other thread, I posted with link that comment section posters
felt that the motel was not in a good area of town.
She was babysitting for friends of the family and they drove her home, per news link.
But posters wonder if Elizabeth even made it home.

The same posters say that LE have not talked with motel staff, etc.

FYI- I notified a mod about possibly merging the 2 threads on Elizabeth.
Thank you.

Yes the info thus far is somewhat sketchy, hope more details come out....all is pure speculation right now, I guess.

The other thread is in the Missing/Info & Support forum - I don't think the 2 threads will be merged.

Even so, till 1:30 the night before school? Maybe I'm old fashioned. :crazy:

I would like to add that if I am thinking of the right area on 84 and the right motel, this Carriage Inn or whatever it is called is NOT in a good area, and is pretty much a flea-bag motel.

Oh no, I agree not on a school nite.... what I was saying is some schools did not even return until the next week. OMGosh on what you say of the area :(

Praying Elizabeth comes home soon!

The other thread is in the Missing/Info & Support forum - I don't think the 2 threads will be merged.

thank you Texas Mist - guess there was some brain fog LOL on my part...all these poor missing kids
Heard from the mod- Yes the other thread is info. etc....no discussion like there can be on this thread
Okay! Carry on let's find this gal!

Did the parents hear the car at 1:30AM? Wouldn't they be waiting up for her, at that hour?

Brought my two posts over from other thread.

http://www.facebook.com/find.elizabeth.ennen?v=wall
FB info page says that Elizabeth was babysitting a friend's child at a motel.
The friend took her home at 1am. But they came back to return the purse she left in the car and found that Elizabeth did not go into her home.

She was not wearing a coat, did not have a cell, no purse...
__________________http://www.facebook.com/find.elizabeth.ennen

from FB: posters say that the motel is not the best place to babysit at.
Others post that police have not interviewed the people who dropped Elizabeth off at home, or anyone at the motel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lubbock,_Texas
pop. about 200,000.
I would think that in a city this size, LE would be right on top of a missing child case.

http://police.ci.lubbock.tx.us/community/juvCurfew.aspx
Lubbock Police Dept website: No missing person lists.

I emailed KCBD Channel 11 to ask that they keep Elizabeth in the news. I believe from reading else where they did a blurb early on.

I hope the parents are getting some help. I really don't know how we are to reach out to them, or to family friends, or what is really allowed from here?

I did read that the mother had gotten some info some where about how to do fliers...

http://www.lrcf.net/missing/

Elizabeth has a downloadable missing flyer through the Laura Recovery Center. Hopefully her family has been in contact and they can provide them with some help.

ETA: Distinguishing Marks: Small scar line above right eyebrow
Clothing Description: Purple sweatshirt type jacket, purple short sleeve top, black jeans and white tennis shoes with 3 blue stripes on sides
Jewelry: Quarter size silver hoop earrings with dimonds, and a silver necklace

UPDATE IN ELIZABETH ENNEN CASE:

Elizabeth Ennen 'Endangered': Police investigating another missing Texas teen

http://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-in-national/elizabeth-ennen-another-missing-teen-texas-police-say-they-re-investigating

LUBBOCK, Texas -- Lubbock Police Lieutenant Roger Cox confirmed Friday that detectives are investigating another missing teen case, this time out of Lubbock, Texas.

Two teenage girls have recently gone missing under suspicious circumstances in Texas, Hailey Dunn from Colorado City, Texas, who disappeared Dec. 27, and Elizabeth Ennen of Lubbock, Texas, who disappeared just nine days later on Jan. 5. Colorado City and Lubbock are about two hours away from each other.

Click here to read the latest about Hailey's disappearance.

Elizabeth went missing Jan. 5 after babysitting for her older boyfriend's family, Luddock Police Lieutenant Roger Cox told Examiner.com Friday morning.

Elizabeth babysat the children at the Carriage House Motel where her boyfriend's family was living at the time, he said. The Carriage House Motel is located just off Hwy 27 and the 289 Loop.

After babysitting, Elizabeth was dropped off in front of her home late at night, around 1:30 a.m. Her home is located near the corner of 42nd and Avenue L, about seven miles north of the motel.

Elizabeth reportedly forgot her purse in the car. When the people she babysat for noticed the purse, they went to return it to her.

That’s when they learned Elizabeth never made it inside her house, and she was reported missing shortly after by her mother, Virginia Ennen. Police classified her case a "runaway."

The Center of Missing and Exploited Children have listed Elizabeth as an "endangered runaway" on their website.

Elizabeth vanished without her purse, cell phone, medication, coat, or any of her personal items. It was reported temperatures dipped into the high 20s in Lubbock that night.

Scroll down for more complete details surrounding Elizabeth’s disappearance, as well as a description of Elizabeth and contact information for police. Click on "Subscribe" button above to receive email notifications of this author's Missing Persons articles.

Lubbock Police Update

In a phone inquiry to Lubbock Police about Elizabeth's case, Lt. Cox told this Examiner.com reporter late Thursday afternoon, “The circumstances surrounding Elizabeth’s disappearance sound suspicious to me.” He said he would review Elizabeth’s case and call back Friday with an update.

As promised, Lt. Cox called Friday. "I've had a chance to review the case and speak to detectives. Elizabeth's case remains active.”

"I've reviewed the report and detectives are investigating and following up on leads. They are reviewing Elizabeth's cell phone records and have talked to potential witnesses, including Elizabeth’s friends and family. They are contacting her friends again," Lt. Cox said.

He added, “When a girl is missing 17 days under suspicious circumstances, it has to be investigated.”

“Detectives believe Elizabeth is a runaway and that she’s in no danger. However, they are not willing to take a chance and are investigating,” he said.

Lt. Cox confirmed the details surrounding Elizabeth’s disappearance.

“Detectives have been talking with Elizabeth’s older boyfriend. They will exhaust all means before giving up on the search for Elizabeth,” Lt. Cox said.

Lt. Cox confirmed Elizabeth was babysitting at the Carriage House Motel. He said it's a place that rents rooms for cheap and that people can rent rooms by the week.

Asked why Elizabeth was babysitting there, Lt. Cox said her boyfriend’s family was living at the motel at the time of Elizabeth’s disappearance.

"That's why Elizabeth was babysitting there," Lt. Cox said.

Concern was raised on the Facebook page about the Carriage House Motel located just off Hwy 289 in Lubbock. People questioned whether it was a safe place to leave a teenager to babysit young children.

It's in what some people call a rough part of town.

Several reviews on the Trip Adviser website confirmed those concerns. One potential customer said, “I was scared to stay there,” another said they would rename the motel the “Crack House Inn.” Click here for reviews.

Asked if he knew why Elizabeth’s mother feels her daughter’s case has been ignored, Lt. Cox said, “We have some 45 new runaway cases. Most of the time these kids run off to their boyfriend or girlfriend’s family or friends and are later found. When it goes on this long it’s got to be investigated.”

He also said Elizabeth’s case had not seemed unusual in the detectives’ eyes.

Lt. Cox added, “A lot of time people take in runaways, and you can’t arrest them all for trying to be good Samaritans.”

Circumstances surrounding Elizabeth’s disappearance

Elizabeth babysat for close friends Wed., Jan. 5, and was dropped off at her home in Lubbock near 42nd and Avenue L, two blocks west of Interstate 27, in the middle of the night at around 1:30 a.m.

She forgot her purse inside their car, and was not wearing a coat. According to WeatherUnderground.com, temperatures dropped into the high 20’s that night.

When the family bringing Elizabeth home noticed she had forgotten her purse, they went to her home to return it to her. Once they arrived, they discovered she had never made it inside.

Elizabeth's mother said she does not have her medication with her, and that she doesn't believe Elizabeth would take off, and especially without her purse and other personal belongings.

According to the Facebook page set up as an informational and support site for Elizabeth’s family, Elizabeth’s mother said she was on medication for a mental illness.

As the days pass, her family fears the worst.

"You know a 15 year old girl, no purse, no cell phone, no clothes, she wasn't even wearing a heavy coat. Why aren't we looking harder?" asked Mary, Elizabeth's aunt.

Reports indicate Elizabeth's mother feels her daughter's case has been pushed to the side because she was classified as a runaway. According to Lt. Cox, the case is now being actively investigated.

A Facebook page has been set up: Find Elizabeth Ennen: Missing from Texas.

Description

Name: Elizabeth Ennen
Nicknames: Beth, Lizzie
DOB: May 17, 1995
Date Missing: Jan. 5, 2011
Sex: Female
Race: White
National Center Case #: NCMC1163199
Hair: Sandy
Eyes: Brown
Height: 5'3"
Weight: 135 pounds

Who to contact

Anyone with information about Elizabeth's whereabouts should call the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at (800) 843-5678 (1-800-THE-LOST) or the Lubbock Police Department at (806) 775-2811 or (806) 775-2865.

http://everythinglubbock.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=69386
15-year-old Elizabeth Ennen went missing January 5th, 2011. Ennen was babysitting for close family friends at the Carriage House Motel that night. She was then dropped off by those friends at her home near 42nd and Avenue L at 1:30 in the morning. We're told she left her purse inside the car so the family went to return it to her, only to find out she never went inside her home.

There are 48 registered offenders within 1 MILE of the home!!!

Oh this is just not good...

If everything happens the way they say it did you wonder if she started walking back to the hotel to get her purse or if she waited outside not knowing what to do without her keys, maybe not wanting to wake her family. Or I wonder too if anyone was even home, or if they couldn't hear her...As Beyond Belief says, you should always drop the babysitter off right to the door and see her go in! Especially at 1:30AM!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin
Back