GUILTY TX - Emma Thompson, 4, dies with STD, skull fracture, Spring, 27 June 2009

Is it an election year for the DA's office? I suppose I could check that myself; BRB.

http://www..com/2010/09/punishment-phase-underway-in-emma-thompson-rape-case/

"We've got to keep in mind this is not a homicide," said Coe's attorney William Van Buren.

I am timing myself out.

On the site that was previously linked to, it talked about the testimony today of the 10 year old who was the son of Coes previous girlfriend. He stated he used to wakebup to that monster beating and choking him. Once he woke up to Coe and his Mother washing him in the bathtub, (to wash off evidence), and when he was brought to the hospital, he was admitted for 11, yes, eleven days.

Does the bathtub incident sound familiar? What in heavens name is wrong with these mothers?

ETA - Still looking for transcripts from AY's trial.

I have searched for transcripts of her trial several times and have not found them - only newspaper articles. I wonder if anyone who attended her trial posted updates anywhere? I'll keep looking, too.

http://www..com/2010/09/punishment-phase-underway-in-emma-thompson-rape-case/

"We've got to keep in mind this is not a homicide," said Coe's attorney William Van Buren.

I am timing myself out!

Please Don't, it's not you I promise!

"We've got to keep in mind this is not a homicide," said Coe's attorney William Van Buren. :saythat: :sheesh: :shakehead:

Really? He said that? I hope he has a SO at home tonight who looks at him and says REALLY? You really said that ? You know where to find a blanket, the couch is that way --->

Maybe he was reminding himself, cuz he doesn't get it either!?!

I have searched for transcripts of her trial several times and have not found them - only newspaper articles. I wonder if anyone who attended her trial posted updates anywhere? I'll keep looking, too.

I read it somewhere that Harris County will have them available at no charge on their website. I looked for hours yesterday and haven't found them - I'm wondering if they are holding off, waiting until after Coe's finished?

But I'll keep looking too!

O/T but relevant...In CT two men are currently on trial for slaughtering a family and raping the mother and the 11 year old.
snip
"Hayes and Komisarjevsky, who's awaiting trial, have tried to blame each other for escalating the crime. Both defendants had offered to plead guilty in exchange for life sentences, but prosecutors pushed for death penalty trials, defense attorneys have said."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100923/ap_on_re_us/us_home_invasion

Huh-quite a concept. Let's compare; there was ample physical evidence in the above case-check. There was special circumstances in the above case-check. There was a witness/survivor-check. There were two perps-check. There was an attempt at ensuring the victim(s) was/were not going to live to testify-check. There was an attempt at sanitizing the crime scene-check.

And this is CT folks-this is not the wild West of TX. I lived in TX for a period of time-I KNOW how intolerant those folks are of cases that involve murder.

OH Right-this wasnt a homicide.

Hopefully we are going to see a huge sentence come forth today. This man should never, ever be free to hurt another child. I believe the jury can see that, but am holding my breath nonetheless.

Thank God the brother-in-law did the right thing. His piece of information proved to be crucial to getting justice for poor Emma. I fear if that piece of information had been the sole custody of other family members, it would have never come to light. :twocents:

That is an excellent question you posed believe - Where is Emma's marker?? After all, it has been several months. How long does it take to set a grave stone???

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=7682662

Punishment phase underway in toddler rape case

Today is day one of two in the punishment phase for Lucas Coe

On Thursday, we're expect to see the emotional side of the case when the victims' impact statements are read.

from the above LINK

"Prosecutors and law enforcement are trying to establish the criminal history of Coe. He has been arrested for several minor offenses, for some of which he did receive probation or limited jail time."

This comment really bothers me - he used a car to ram another car full of people, badly injuring one of them. (Not a minor offense IMO!)

I don't think that little boy felt like his abuse was a minor offense! (eleven days in the hospital is not minor IMO!) He said Coe told him he would kill his mother if he ever told her what was happening.... (I don't think that was minor either! MOO!)

No wonder Coe and Abby sat there proclaiming their innocence, it was all just some minor offense that the mean ol state decided to blow all out of proportion!

I find this thinking "majorly" offensive!

from the above LINK

This comment really bothers me - he used a car to ram another car full of people, badly injuring one of them. (Not a minor offense IMO!)

I don't think that little boy felt like his abuse was a minor offense! (eleven days in the hospital is not minor IMO!) He said Coe told him he would kill his mother if he ever told her what was happening.... (I don't think that was minor either! MOO!)

No wonder Coe and Abby sat there proclaiming their innocence, it was all just some minor offense that the mean ol state decided to blow all out of proportion!

I find this thinking "majorly" offensive!

I was very disturbed by that comment as well. Several times I read it and kept thinking, what are they talking about? Apparently their definition of minor is far different from mine!

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7214196.html

Defense attorney William Van Buren opened his closing arguments, which lasted less than five minutes, with 60 seconds of silence to illustrate how slowly time can drag.

“There are 13,140,000 of those minutes in a 25-year sentence. He will suffer.” Van Buren said. “That’s flat time. There is no parole. He will duly suffer.”

Time may have dragged for Coe for that minute. But someone should remind the defense attorny that Coe was sitting there...well fed, well dressed and in no physical distress. Now compare that to one of Emma's minutes....in terrible pain, being raped, being beaten.

Who cares if time seems long for Coe? For Emma, those pain filled minutes lasted the rest of her life.

Lucas Coe gets Life without parole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

TY Paintr-are we sure??? YES....guess the jury thought he was a serial offender.

2mpidrt.jpg

goodbye.jpg

RIP Emma!

Yay team! Fine job! I am so thankful they nailed him to the wall. He will never have the chance to hurt another precious child. He is a cancer on our society and has been duly excised.

Hopefully the so called mom will not receive parole in five years. I wish her 20 year sentence had been written in stone like Coe's sentence.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back