GUILTY TX - Ethan Couch 'Affluenza Teen' DUI driver who killed four gets probation, 2013 #3

According to this article, a passenger in the car told her to stop texting "8 or 9 times," and her response was that she didn't care if she caused a crash and told the girl beseeching her to "F off." After the accident, she told police that her boyfriend was driving (he was the only one with a valid license in the car).

As part of her probation terms, she does have to spend time talking to teens about the dangers of texting and driving. None of the articles I read mention whether or not she has shone any remorse for her actions.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ughter-10-running-red-light-T-boning-car.html

Also: Bollig will also need to perform 240 hours of community work service, including giving speeches about the dangers of distracted driving. If Bollig fails to meet any of those conditions, she faces the adult sentence of 69 months in prison.

I have been watching the news closely. Supposedly Fred Couch was to have a hearing sometime in March relating to charges of impersonating a police officer. At first I though it was scheduled for March 19 but that is on a Saturday. Surely we will hear something when & if he does have a hearing.

Poor judgement must be a requirement for being a juvenile judge, JMO.

I think what we are seeing is a movement towards trying to rehabilitate teens vs. throwing them into prison with older and hardened, violent offenders. One can agree or disagree with that philosophy, but I don't think it has anything to do with individual poor judgment or viewing lost lives cavalierly.

I think what we are seeing is a movement towards trying to rehabilitate teens vs. throwing them into prison with older and hardened, violent offenders. One can agree or disagree with that philosophy, but I don't think it has anything to do with individual poor judgment or viewing lost lives cavalierly.

Actually, in a way, I was being sarcastic. JMO, when there is loss of life because of a teen's actions, punishment should consist of more than a slap on the wrist. Just call me old fashioned.

Here is a young man who was arrested for killing two people in a hit and run, got out on bail and then committed arson, killing two more people. This is local here. Condo that use to belong to me was on top floor of 12 unit building he burned to the ground. Two women were burned to death. That's four people killed by this "affluent" young man who should not have been out on bail.

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/crime/article10186373.html

Actually, in a way, I was being sarcastic. JMO, when there is loss of life because of a teen's actions, punishment should consist of more than a slap on the wrist. Just call me old fashioned.
I agree. At least there should be community service in a morgue or the ER.

WFAA-TV
2 mins ·
Ethan Couch turns 19 today, which means he's now facing stricter conditions of his probation. That could include serving more jail time -- anywhere between 120 and 180 days.

WFAA-TV
2 mins ·
Ethan Couch turns 19 today, which means he's now facing stricter conditions of his probation. That could include serving more jail time -- anywhere between 120 and 180 days.

Good :happydance: now when is psycho mommy going back to court?:waiting:. I don't believe for a sec. she hasn't broke any rules:moo:

Welcome to the Adult World Ethan where Punishments will be much harsher on you! Your days of Kiddie Slaps on the wrist are over!

Affluenza teen Ethan Couch received $200,000 worth of tax-payer funded rehab before going on the run to Mexico because his 'wealthy' parents were too broke to pay

Ethan Couch's court-ordered rehab as part of his sentence for killing four people in a drunk-driving cash in 2013 cost taxpayers $200,000

His parents, whose wealth was used as part of his affluenza defense, said they could not afford the rehab and paid just $1,170 a month

The 10-month program cost approximately $20,000 a month and taxpayers picked up the difference

He completed two additional months of out-patient rehab

Just months after that he was seen at a party with alcohol and went on the run with his mother to Mexico, violating his probation

Couch, who turned 19 on Monday, will appear before a judge as an adult on Wednesday to hear the new details of his probation

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-wealthy-parents-broke-pay.html#ixzz45fQVA2uA

Affluenza teen Ethan Couch received $200,000 worth of tax-payer funded rehab before going on the run to Mexico because his 'wealthy' parents were too broke to pay

Ethan Couch's court-ordered rehab as part of his sentence for killing four people in a drunk-driving cash in 2013 cost taxpayers $200,000

His parents, whose wealth was used as part of his affluenza defense, said they could not afford the rehab and paid just $1,170 a month

The 10-month program cost approximately $20,000 a month and taxpayers picked up the difference

Just months after that he was seen at a party with alcohol and went on the run with his mother to Mexico, violating his probation

Couch, who turned 19 on Monday, will appear before a judge as an adult on Wednesday to hear the new details of his probation

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-wealthy-parents-broke-pay.html#ixzz45fQVA2uA

How exactly were they "too broke to pay"??? I thought Ethan went to a more expensive rehab in Calif., one that had horseback riding:confused::waitasec:??:thinking:

I just saw that same article pop up Blondie.
I'm a bit confused by this. In the article it says taxpayers paid over $150,000 for his rehab at North Texas State Hospital in Vernon and Next Step Program in Amarillo.

I thought he was staying in the lap of luxury in Newport California for his rehab? That's what the previous article from 2013 said by that same news outlet.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2525293/Inside-luxury-rehab-center-affluenza-teen-Ethan-Couch-attend.html

I just looked up the North Texas State hospital and it looks far from luxurious. So if that's where he was I feel a bit happier that he wasn't living in luxury in Newport, CA as previously reported. Even though it is absolutley infuriorating that the public taxes paid $150,000 for him to go to rehab 😤😤

That is so infuriating !!!! There are no words. Imagine how many truly ' needy' people who WANT help could have been helped if the county would pay 200k for rehab treatment ! Tarrant County residents , take note ! Your county has resources . Don't let them lie to you if you need treatment!

ETA They could not afford treatment but how much was spent on his defense? How much was spent on strippers and partying in Mexico ? This family needs the Bible!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back