Identified! TX - Fort Bend Co, WhtFem 17-30, UP4510, 2 duffel bags of clothing, Dec'84 - Peggy Ann Dodd

Interesting! They do look quite similar, IMO. Her vitals match up and the time frame. Maybe she staged her disappearance and/or met with foul play?. If only there were a photo that showed her teeth a little better... I think it’s worth submitting! Good find!
View attachment 229886
Yeah, I do wish there was better info about her dentals. I'll send them an email.

" T-shirt with "Ocean Pacific" logo"
Ocean Pacific is based in California. Is it possible that she could be from there?

This is the Ocean Pacific logo (picture from Wikipedia). They use it in a lot of forms and colors on their clothing. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ocean_Pacific#/media/File:Ocean_Pacific_logo.png

I doubt if it tells us anything about where she's from--OP has been pretty widely available. There's an OP store in the mall down the road from me (Massachusetts). In 1984 they might have been more limited to the beach-and-surf crowd but geographically they were all over.

Her NamUs profile has recently been updated but I'm not sure what's been changed, added, or deleted. Also, The Doe Network has her date of discovery as 12/22/1985 whereas NamUs and DPS TX have it as 12/22/1984.
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
82UFTX
unDetails
Well. That would make a little bit of a difference when looking for a missing person match. :confused: Majority rules? I’ve looked at this Doe a couple of times and thought she might be Denise Beaudin (1984 discovery would make more sense), but I don’t think the overbite is there. And, I don’t think Denise met with a fate quite like this.

Maybe someone whose good at finding newspaper articles can find one from around the time she was found - sometimes that will help clarify a date.

Original
Original

Original

82UFTX

NamUs exclusion - Kimberley Doss.

Suggested PMs:

Sandy Pathresa Rea - likely excluded based on dentals per @CarlK90245

Tammie Lynn Wilkinson

Kathleen Randall - Case closed by TheDoeNetwork and a permission error on NamUs.
ETA-I linked to the wrong Kathleen Randall.

Sondra Ramber

Carol Leigh Woolsoncroft

Lina Barcelos Borges

Denise Beaudin

Last edited:
All good possibilities. Most intriguing to me are Lina and Sondra. Something about their eyes...they seem to most resemble Doe’s.

Original
Original

Original

82UFTX

NamUs exclusion - Kimberley Doss.

Suggested PMs:

Sandy Pathresa Rea - likely excluded based on dentals per @CarlK90245

Tammie Lynn Wilkinson

Kathleen Randall - Case closed by TheDoeNetwork and a permission error on NamUs.
ETA-I linked to the wrong Kathleen Randall.

Sondra Ramber

Carol Leigh Woolsoncroft

Lina Barcelos Borges

Denise Beaudin

:eek:Oh my geez...I'm embarrassed.:oops: I meant to make it clear that these were suggestions made by various WS members who posted earlier in this thread.

Hehe :D I noticed that, but figured you were trying to bring them forward and all in one place! That’s always nice ;)

Refreshing the thread...

This Jane Doe's NamUs page has been updated with pictures of a T-shirt and the red duffel bag with items inside.

The T-shirt says SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS with a rainbow on the front. It's not clear if this is the same t-shirt she was found wearing, which was previously described as having the "Ocean Pacific" logo on the front and sleeves. It kind of looks like she was wearing it because the shirt is decayed and stained, while the items in the duffel bag look clean. Maybe Ocean Pacific is the logo on the tag and not on the front, and there was a miscommunication when the description was written down or entered in NamUs? Or maybe this is just an item from the duffel bags, but if so I'm not sure why they would show this instead of a picture of the shirt she was wearing.

Attachments

• UP4510-bag.jpg
    UP4510-bag.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 22
  • UP4510-shirt.jpg
    UP4510-shirt.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 18
This Jane Doe's NamUs page has been updated with pictures of a T-shirt and the red duffel bag with items inside.

The T-shirt says SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS with a rainbow on the front. It's not clear if this is the same t-shirt she was found wearing, which was previously described as having the "Ocean Pacific" logo on the front and sleeves. It kind of looks like she was wearing it because the shirt is decayed and stained, while the items in the duffel bag look clean. Maybe Ocean Pacific is the logo on the tag and not on the front, and there was a miscommunication when the description was written down or entered in NamUs? Or maybe this is just an item from the duffel bags, but if so I'm not sure why they would show this instead of a picture of the shirt she was wearing.

I am curious how that paper envelope has not made it into description anywhere and what could possibly be inside it?

Otherwise, this girl has a very distinct strong forwarding chin.
Original
Original
Original

Kim Sue Leggett
Went missing from Mercedes , October 9, 1984
5'6''-5'8''
weighed: 110-120 lbs

Suspected kidnapping by two men.
Kim Leggett

Kathleen Laura Ranft
Original
upload_2021-4-15_20-15-18.png
went missing from: Seguin texas in april 1985
height:5'6''-5'9''
weight: aprox 130 lbs
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/474dftx.html

Jane doe is on namus 5'0'', however doe network says 4'11-5'5''
Dates are, well, as pointed out before almost a year in difference between the two sources.

Edit: this girl is interesting
Original

Judy Gail Jurgens
went missing: October 28, 1982
height: 5'1''

Judy left a note for her parents saying she was going to Texas with a male friend. He came back to Minnesota but Judy did not. She has not been seen or heard from since. Exact date last seen is unknown. It was sometime in October 1982.

Last edited:
I am curious how that paper envelope has not made it into description anywhere and what could possibly be inside it?

Otherwise, this girl has a very distinct strong forwarding chin.
Original
Original
Original

Kim Sue Leggett
Went missing from Mercedes , October 9, 1984
5'6''-5'8''
weighed: 110-120 lbs

Suspected kidnapping by two men.
Kim Leggett

Kathleen Laura Ranft
Original
View attachment 292823
went missing from: Seguin texas in april 1985
height:5'6''-5'9''
weight: aprox 130 lbs
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/474dftx.html

Jane doe is on namus 5'0'', however doe network says 4'11-5'5''
Dates are, well, as pointed out before almost a year in difference between the two sources.

Edit: this girl is interesting
Original

Judy Gail Jurgens
went missing: October 28, 1982
height: 5'1''

Judy left a note for her parents saying she was going to Texas with a male friend. He came back to Minnesota but Judy did not. She has not been seen or heard from since. Exact date last seen is unknown. It was sometime in October 1982.
I see what you mean by the chin. I kind of see a resemblance to Kim!

NAMUS - Maureen Russell Baca

DLC is 1982 but she wasn't reported missing until 1984. Baca also had a misreported hair colour and height (should be reddish brown and 5'1"). I think I could see a resemblance if she had been travelling away from California, but unfortunately this is a bit shaky because the circumstances of her disappearance are so unclear.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back