GUILTY TX - Girl, 14, charged in death of newborn at Baytown school, 2 April 2008

The girl must have been in serious denial, because she could have gone somewhere alone and given birth instead of staying at school. She must have had labor pains quite awhile. Then to try and flush when obviously a baby would be too big. The girl is still a kid herself and has some mental problems. If her life was so horrible that she couldn't get help then she'll be better off incarcerated.

Not to make any excuses, but this girl could've been a victim of rape or incest. She is only 14. Maybe she didn't know, or was afraid. Either way it is a tragedy.

it seems to me that so many parents delude theirselves in to believing their child won't become sexually active. As a parent I had to make a choice and be responsible for my child while I don't condone sex at a young age I am not going to lie to myself and think it won't happen.
Preventing the pregnancy would have prevented her from becoming a murderer.Teaching all the facts to this child would have prevented several tragedies from happening and more then teaching would have prevented it I would hope.

Don't kid yourself. If she would kill her own newborn now, it might have just delayed the inevitable. Maybe she wouldn't have gotten pregnant, but later it would have been a baby she was sitting for who wouldn't stop crying or her own once she was older.

This isn't even a case of a kid "hiding" a baby in a dumpster (maybe not realizing for sure if the baby was alive) or flushing the toilet not knowing that the baby was too far along to be a miscarriage. This is a murder. This girl needs to be locked up forever and never allowed near anyone's children.

It sounds like she really HATED this baby, Im thinking she was raped...

I do agree with the posters in the restrooms tho I think thats a brilliant idea it at least gives them an option

How does a 14 year old girl hide a pregnancy from parents and teachers? Didn't anyone know she was pregnant? And if so, then didn''t they try to see the writing on the wall with this kid by helping her make a decision to put the baby up for adoption? And if she was raped then should not have had to carry the baby. This is very puzzling as to how this whole situation got to this point to begin with. Does anyone know?

It sounds like she really HATED this baby, Im thinking she was raped...

I do agree with the posters in the restrooms tho I think thats a brilliant idea it at least gives them an option

I seriously doubt she was raped and I am sure the police would have checked that out.

Nah, she is just a cold blooded murdering cow who will spend a long time in prison.

How does a 14 year old girl hide a pregnancy from parents and teachers? Didn't anyone know she was pregnant?

She could have been obese to begin with and people thought she had just gained a little extra weight. I have also heard of women carrying their babies towards the back of their uterus and having hardly any baby bump.

I just moved from Baytown when I got married in May. Having a baby here is no big deal. I taught in this district for 13 years. I was amazed how many of my students got pregnant before graduation. This is mainly a blue collar town. Most work for Exxon, the mall...and the rest of us teach school. LOL...the town joke...but has a LOT of truth to it. This young "lady" (if you want to make a stretch) had other choices.Sex ed is VERY much taught here. I graduated in this school district. I remember the courses. She deserves jail time. I know I sound harsh. I feel for her family and the dead baby...NOT the girl who tried to flush the baby so she didn't have to deal with her actions.

I couldn't agree more, Deanws! Murder is murder. She deserves what she gets for such a brutal act. This girl knew exactly what she was doing and even though some crafty defense Atty will say she was not responsible in some way...she had every intention to kill this innocent baby.

She deserves the harshest sentence possible.

It seems to me that this child should have received far more sex ed than she received. I know that in the high schools, children can receive condoms simply by asking at the nurse's office. Maybe this needs to be changed to allow the junior high schools to do the same.

I've always talked openly to my children about sex, birth control, sexually transmitted diseases, and the FEELINGS that are associated with having sex at a young age.

My son one day made a comment about a girl at school whose labeled a "*advertiser censored*." I asked him if she was called a *advertiser censored* because she masterbated all the time. He looked at me like I was an idiot. I kindly reminded him that if she was having sex she wasn't having sex alone and the boys she was doing it with had just as much responsibility for it as she did. I talk to him about the grown up feelings that go along with teens having sex and how girls will sometimes do things they're not ready to do because of peer pressure. I told him that girls wrap up a hell of a lot of feelings into being intimate with a guy that the guy usually doesn't feel back towards her. Its for that reason that he MUST be cautious when getting involved with a girl. Not to use her because he's horny, etc. He just turned 15 and I just recently placed condoms in his bedroom and told him he could ask me for more at any time and no questions would be asked. I told him he could even leave me a note if he was embarrased. I told him that he is NOT old enough for sex and I didn't want him to do it. However, I told him that if he DOES do it be smart enough to wear a condom because he's too young to become a father and he definately doesn't want to have to live the rest of his life with an STD.

The talk I'm putting together for my daughter isn't going to be as easy!

You are one wise mom, Jeana! :)

Have they mentioned the father of the child yet? I will be interested to know how old he is and where he fits in the picture.

As a parent, I would pay for a DNA test to make sure no blood relative was involved and have any 18+ year old male friends, etc., give a swab. There is a good chance this crime was the second one in this story.

My only issue with this and a story closer to where I live a few years ago about one in the trash that drown first is unfortunately these young kids don't know they can just take the baby to a church or the hospital or firehouse or wherever without any questions. I think if this were a widespread "beaten" (for lack of a better word) into them they'd remember and maybe some more babies would have this horrible fate :/ I just think that word needs to be spread more.

I can understand all that but I didn't want to take a chance I wanted my kids to wait until they graduated college before they even thought about dating (unrealistic I know but it was my wish)

Off topic - that is a very unhealthy thought. I have several friends that never dated through high school and college, and they are basically zero when it comes to interacting with males at this point. Dating, like any other skills in life, have to be developed in time. It isn't fun to be in your 30s and to have never been kissed because your parents did not want you to date in high school/college, and now are yelling at you daily because you are a spinster.

http://abclocal.go.com/story?section=news/local&id=8213650

A Baytown teen has been put on probation after she gave birth to a full-term baby in her middle school's bathroom then tried to flush it down the toilet.

The 14-year-old was facing capital murder charges in the death of her 5-pound, 6-ounce baby. The teen could have been tried as an adult and spend life in prison, but she was given two years of probation after a judge accepted her admission of responsibility...

Baytown's police chief says they are upset they weren't made aware of the judge's ruling and that the teen received such a light sentencing for taking a human life.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean
Back