TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
BUMP --- from the first post on this thread:

Direct quotes and screenshots from social networking sites are not allowed at WS.

I agree. I don't understand it, but I believe it. But it's deeper than that (MOO):

To those that doubt it could happen: it happens all the time. There exists mothers/wives do NOT see it, can't see it, can't believe it. They can be beaten nearly to death, beg family members not to blame the perp, and think they deserved it. And because they think the flaw is within themselves and not the perp, they don't think that the perp will hurt anyone else. And if he (or she) does, then obviously the person must have done something to trigger it and so if they just behave in the future, then it won't happen again. So the abuser is perfectly safe to be around b/c he (or she) is okay: it's everyone else who is 'asking for it'. THAT is the mentally of someone who has been abused... (whether the abuse is physical, sexual, emotional...)

It's hard to believe if you're never seen it.

ETA: I don't know if this is what is going on with Billie, but I suspect it is something very similar.

Meee tooo. There are women everywhere who are not even aware of their husbands' problems with *advertiser censored*. (I work with them at our church.) These poor ladies find a business laptop one day and stumble across hundreds of photos of little girls that look like Hailey. It is so so heart-breaking. But you can't blame them for not knowing- it is hard to see those whom we love for whom they are when whom they are verges on the atrocious.

I would officially join the Nancy Grace fan club if she could secure an interview with Grandma tonight. Better yet, both Grandma and Billie D. Maybe the true picture would start to develop and move us closer to finding out what really happened to Hailey...

I agree. I don't understand it, but I believe it. But it's deeper than that (MOO):

To those that doubt it could happen: it happens all the time. There exists mothers/wives do NOT see it, can't see it, can't believe it. They can be beaten nearly to death, beg family members not to blame the perp, and think they deserved it. And because they think the flaw is within themselves and not the perp, they don't think that the perp will hurt anyone else. And if he (or she) does, then obviously the person must have done something to trigger it and so if they just behave in the future, then it won't happen again. So the abuser is perfectly safe to be around b/c he (or she) is okay: it's everyone else who is 'asking for it'. THAT is the mentally of someone who has been abused... (whether the abuse is physical, sexual, emotional...)

It's hard to believe if you're never seen it.

ETA: I don't know if this is what is going on with Billie, but I suspect it is something very similar.

I 100% agree with you. I've been in abusive situations and I can spot it a mile away now. You don't see it unless you know someone who has been in that type of situation, or you have been in one yourself. Most of the time you don't realize it until you are out of it.

I see it in BD.

"She had told me on a couple of occasions that (...) he walked around at night and she said that she could see his shadow standing at her door," Connie Jones is quoted as saying. "She said, 'Nana, he scared me. I'm afraid he's going to come in there.'"

What the hell was he doing in the home with a little 13 year old girl, stalking her in her bedroom during the night?

I am sick at what I fear happened to Hailey. I am infuriated with those who put her in that position, and those who knowingly left her in that position.

Why do these people wait until it's too late? These children are precious, they are worthwhile, they have value. How can people take such risks for their own selfish needs?

I will never, ever, understand it.

We must do better than this. Our children deserve it.

Sorry for the rant. I'm livid after reading that.

There are no excuses for failing to protect your children. We have to quit going "Oh you poor thing, you just loved him didn't you?" pppffftttttttttttttt.

There are no excuses for failing to protect your children. We have to quit going "Oh you poor thing, you just loved him didn't you?" pppffftttttttttttttt.

I have got to get involved more in prevention. I just can't stand this. Always looking for the dead bodies of brutalized children. It's too, too much. I've got to do more to keep them alive, well, safe, and unharmed.

Dunn described the documents as "a hobby," according to the affidavit.

IMO, Billie knows, the documents are our hobby. She is brazen. She is bold. An actress.

I have got to get involved more in prevention. I just can't stand this. Always looking for the dead bodies of brutalized children. It's too, too much. I've got to do more to keep them alive, well, safe, and unharmed.
count me in, i am tired of crying over all these tragedys.

Hailey was scared of SA..... tells Grandma he would stand in the doorway and stare at her

http://abcnews.go.com/US/shawn-adkins-named-person-interst-case-missing-texas/story?id=12608537

What a difference between the way that her grandmother talks about her -- in the present tense, remembering details of what they did together, etc. -- than the way BD addresses the same things. I have not heard the interview, just read the words -- but you can feel the grandmother's love for HD.

I have been in a relationship where I was in complete denial of wrong-doings that my ex husband apparantly was up to without me knowing (stealing, cheating). I, of course, wish to this day that I would have high-tailed it at the first moment of it coming to light but I was stuck in the love-muck and 'stood by my man'. I finally left after a 'wake-up call' incident and I was truly embarrassed and concerned MY reputation had been tarnished by him. But even the day I said my final 'goodbye', it was hard. Was it fear...ya, I think part of it was.

ANYWAY, I'm hoping that if BD didn't have anything to do with this that she starts seeing through the love-muck before she gets dragged down too far. If she honestly didn't know about what HD had told Gma...I hope this is the 'wake up call'.

You would really have to live on a remote island now days to not know about cellphone pings.

she's not sure at this point? Let me tell ya, me and DH been together for 7 years and so help me god if my kid even rolls off the bed I promise it wont be pretty. I told my DH that yesterday. My son is 8 months and he's active. Yeah it might be an accident, but I dont give a d***. I make sure my DH is watching JR at all times and be responsible and take nothing for granted. My DH thinks I'm to protective, yeah whatever.

Where was BD when he was creepy lurking? surely she would have noticed??

By the way, I am not defending BD's decision to keep her children in that home (IMHO she's free to do what she wants for herself). I do think it's a parents' responsibility to keep their children safe in their own home and I'm outraged after seeing the things that grandmother said. Hailey had no business being in that home... She was failed by all of the adults around her who had any inclination at all about what was going on.

In my post above, I was just trying to explain how a parent could keep their child around an abusive person.

Let's remember one thing: the blame lies on SA or whoever hurt this child.

I have been in a relationship where I was in complete denial of wrong-doings that my ex husband apparantly was up to without me knowing (stealing, cheating). I, of course, wish to this day that I would have high-tailed it at the first moment of it coming to light but I was stuck in the love-muck and 'stood by my man'. I finally left after a 'wake-up call' incident and I was truly embarrassed and concerned MY reputation had been tarnished by him. But even the day I said my final 'goodbye', it was hard. Was it fear...ya, I think part of it was.

ANYWAY, I'm hoping that if BD didn't have anything to do with this that she starts seeing through the love-muck before she gets dragged down too far. If she honestly didn't know about what HD had told Gma...I hope this is the 'wake up call'.

Although...if any of the wrong-doings had involved my child, I would have immediately turned in to momma-lion protecting her cub and he would likely have ended up missing some body parts.

BINGO...partners in crime oftentimes distance themselves from one another. Notice how she isn't quite willing to toss him all the way under the bus? Makes ya wonder if it's because she doesn't want HIM talking. ;)

Right...remember how in the affadavit it said that he suggested they look at "both of us"? He was already willing to throw her under the bus.

But she looooooooves him (that was in my COPS voice -- the same one that the women always use when the cops are hauling off the guy who just left them bruised and with a split open lip.

Her distancing from him has not been that convincing to me. Something she stated a few nights ago on Nancy Grace or in an interview comes to mind to make me believe that they are still in contact. Before I try to recreate it, I will find a link to it to keep myself out of trouble, though. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500