TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
After 30 years, I hope the LE and the public know much more about domestic abuse.
2 out of 3 women who are victims of violence are related to the attackers
39% of women who present to the ER are victims of abuse.
75% of the calls to LE for domestic abuse occur after the partners separate
50% of female homicides are related to domestic abuse and happen after separtion of the relationship.
Domestic abuse is not to be taken lightly by LE,ever. It is when women are more likely to be murdered.

I have to say I do not think LE takes it lightly.

I have several police officers I am close to... and all of them at one time or another have expressed the same feelings to me. THEY HATE domestic violence calls..... mostly for one big huge reason .... the way the laws are they feel like their hands are tied. They stand there and see a speeding train coming at the couple, their hearts ache for the children, and yet without a party willing to prosecute the situation ... there isn't a lot they can do. And because it is such a vicious cycle they know that they'll be out there again, and gain (which can get frustrating as all get out) and that they will just hope and pray that this one isn't one of the MANY that lead to serious injury or death.

Let me add this. There isn't just a matter of finding Hailey. And sadly she may not even be findable for a very long time if ever. In the meantime, the persons responsible for her disappearance needs to be brought to justice. Does anyone want the investigation to grind to a halt until a body is located?

They are not going to stop investigating. But their priority is finding Hailey.
I agree that whoever did this needs to be brought to justice, but LE does not want to arrest and charge anyone until they have some evidence of what happened to her. They need some hard evidence for the charges to stick, otherwise, they would have to let him go. At this point they don't know what crime was committed.

This "WYD" doesn't fit. Every teen I know uses R for are and U for you. If she was saying What Are You Doing - it would and should have been WRUD - R U

R U hme Are you home
R U cmng Are you coming

Y usually stands for Why - so this WYD just doesn't fit.

it ain't fittin' , it just ain't fittin'

I hope there was more of a mention about acid being used than that little "theory" proposed by Rupa on NG...:(

This "WYD" doesn't fit. Every teen I know uses R for are and U for you. If she was saying What Are You Doing - it would and should have been WRUD - R U

R U hme Are you home
R U cmng Are you coming

What U doing?

R U hme Are you home
R U cmng Are you coming

What you doin'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members